Your favourite stand up comedians?

Toonraider

Love Ross Noble....that man is actually genius

Bill bailey is great too...

Dave Chapelle is the funniest american tho by a mile, although Eddie Murphy's 80's shows were classics.

So either Ross Noble or Dave Chapelle...

Hicks is, apparently, the comedians comedian. Huge balls and hilarious. He didn't just witter on about smelly people on buses and wanking with your wrong hand he made people think. Still missed.

I've seen Noble twice and he is very clever, totally silly and absolutely hilarious. Not sure about his longevity though.

An australian comedian called Dave Hughes, very dry.

Bobby Thomson first comedian I ever heard, fucking great 'Whey man they're dropping bombs not pork pies!' Class.

Jasper Carrot is a nobber.

Saw Jack Dee once, I was in the front row in uncontrollable hysterics and he (sarcastically) asked me if I was alright. My sides really did hurt the next day.

Love Ross Noble....that man is actually genius

176638[/snapback]

Jesus Wept!

176651[/snapback]

I'm with you there Sammy.

176659[/snapback]

Went to see him live, not expecting to enjoy it, and he was very funny hindeed. Worth going to see just to see how his mind works.

I HATE comedians who have to leap about the place to be funny (physical comedy is shite), which is part of why I was wary, but he surprised me by being funny without all that carry-on.

I always used to like Jasper Carrot when I was young 'un. Had me in tears.

176643[/snapback]

yeah me too ;)

Would like to see Alan Davies do more, anyone know if he has a tour planned? He's wasted as a guest on these shows he's been on lately.

I like the surreal comedians, but wouldn't say that they have the longevity of the likes of Hicks and Connolly

I'd love to have seen Robin Williams in his pomp, but I think years of shit "funny" films (Toys and the like) have clouded my judgement of him.

I used to love Izzard but I've noticed that he doesn't seem to actually have that much material. If you watch his dvd's there's a few gags used in all of the tours. Which is poor. Yet you watch Ross Noble (who isn't as funny as Izzrd) and it's rare to hear the same joke twice.. mainly because he's being "Zany".. wouldn't call him a genius mind.

I like the surreal comedians, but wouldn't say that they have the longevity of the likes of Hicks and Connolly

I'd love to have seen Robin Williams in his pomp, but I think years of shit "funny" films (Toys and the like) have clouded my judgement of him.

I used to love Izzard but I've noticed that he doesn't seem to actually have that much material. If you watch his dvd's there's a few gags used in all of the tours. Which is poor. Yet you watch Ross Noble (who isn't as funny as Izzrd) and it's rare to hear the same joke twice.. mainly because he's being "Zany".. wouldn't call him a genius mind.

176752[/snapback]

In an age where Wayne Rooney is dubbed a genius, the bloke in the garage who doesn't need a calculator to work out your change deserves at least an honorable mention.

Still struggling to put Noble in that category.

Not that in to stand-up really but another one I like is the aforementioned Bill Bailey. I saw that Northern Irish geezer Smiley (iirc)once ages ago and he was very funny.

I've seen loads over the years. Sean Lock, Tim Vine, Bill Bailey, Jack Dee and Mark Lamarr were all excellent (even though I don't like Lamarr on Buzzcocks). Ben Elton the most disappointing.

I'd like to see the scottish guy with glasses who's on 8/10 Cats and Law of the Playground. Name escapes me at the moment.

No votes for Lenny Henry yet? Odd :)

176876[/snapback]

Ive seen Lenny Henry live a couple of times and he was very funny. I would never admit it on here though

176880[/snapback]

I will also admit i used to like Lenny Henry...where did it all go wrong? ;)

when he started to get gigs on primetime BBC shows

anyone remember the show where he was a Chef...?

Chef! I think it was called.

gash

No votes for Lenny Henry yet? Odd :)

176876[/snapback]

Ive seen Lenny Henry live a couple of times and he was very funny. I would never admit it on here though

176880[/snapback]

I will also admit i used to like Lenny Henry...where did it all go wrong? ;)

176883[/snapback]

I think it all went wrong on the telly. I was dragged along to see him in Brighton a couple of years ago. I thought it would be apalling but it was still a good show. He can certainly work an audience without doing all the trademark gurning off comic relief

when he started to get gigs on primetime BBC shows

anyone remember the show where he was a Chef...?

Chef! I think it was called.

gash

176895[/snapback]

Agreed, although the series in which he was a headmaster was pretty good, what i remember of it.