Your favourite stand up comedians?

Toonraider

The fact that you rank Lee Evans amongst your favourite stand-ups is funnier than Lee Evans himself. He's basically Phil Cool's less funny younger brother. And it's not easy to be less funny than Phil Cool.

Hicks is quality. I like Gervais's stuff, but he's not done enough of it

I think you will find Lee Evans has a bigger following that Gervais. Gervais is a David Willams ( from Liitle Britain) comic. A lot of gay people and toffs like him. Thats why I think its strange why you like him when you live in Newcastle. Maybe you bat for the other team.

For someone who claims to work with comedians, you know simply nothing about the industry.

Evans has been around a lot longer than Gervais and has a massive following. Gervais' star is burning brightly at the moment and I'd suggest he's been more succesful in breaking the American market than Evans was/is, but we'll not be able to properly compare them until Gervais has lasted as long as Evans.

oh and are you yet going to admit why you lie?

he's been more succesful in breaking the American market than Evans was

Americans dont like English comics and the English dont like American comics. The reason why Ricky is big in America is because of the Office hardly fucking stand up. Fucking Alan Carr is funnier than Ricky and I cant stand the twat. Thats the only good thing about the yanks they dont like comics like Alan Carr. Its because of the bible I think.

Americans dont like English comics and the English dont like American comics. The reason why Ricky is big in America is because of the Office hardly fucking stand up. Fucking Alan Carr is funnier than Ricky and I can stand the twat. Thats the only good thing about the yanks they dont like comics like Alan Carr. Its because of the bible I think.

What utter unmitigated bollocks.

So Brits don't like Richard Pryor? Bill Hicks? Rich Hall? Reg Hunter?

and Americans don't like British comics like Billy Connolly? Eddie Izzard?

One of the reasons Ricky is doing well in the US is because he's worked hard at being on the right shows, and palling up with the right people. He's worked with Larry David and his ilk which instantly lends him credibility. He's successful because people associate both versions of The Office with him and both versions are successful in their own way. The American is more popular over there and the original is critically acclaimed.

You genuinely have no clue what you're talking about and you still haven't admitted that you lied.

A selected few people like them comics. I'm talking about the average man in your local pub mate and me yank mate thinks Billy Connolly is a pool player and Eddie Izzard is a racing driver.

A selected few people like them comics. I'm talking about the average man in your local pub mate and me yank mate thinks Billy Connolly is a pool player and Eddie Izzard is a racing driver.

... Leazes? Is that you?

A select few people? :lol: You're not even trying anymore.

Americans dont like English comics and the English dont like American comics. The reason why Ricky is big in America is because of the Office hardly fucking stand up. Fucking Alan Carr is funnier than Ricky and I can stand the twat. Thats the only good thing about the yanks they dont like comics like Alan Carr. Its because of the bible I think.

What utter unmitigated bollocks.

One of the reasons Ricky is doing well in the US is because he's worked hard at being on the right shows, and palling up with the right people. He's worked with Larry David and his ilk which instantly lends him credibility. He's successful because people associate both versions of The Office with him and both versions are successful in their own way. The American is more popular over there and the original is critically acclaimed.

You genuinely have no clue what you're talking about and you still haven't admitted that you lied.

This !

Gervais is a David Willams ( from Liitle Britain) comic. A lot of gay people and toffs like him. Thats why I think its strange why you like him when you live in Newcastle. Maybe you bat for the other team.

It's true like, you can't get through an issue of Attitude without yet another feature on Ricky Gervais. Full frontal if you're unlucky. Full interview if you're really unlucky.

I detest stand up comics, generally. Billy Connolly, that tosser from Bolton, Bernard Manning etc, all of them, some bloke standing there, just telling you jokes. The ONLY one I find amusing is Chubby Brown, and I don't know why I find him different to the rest either, I just do.

I detest stand up comics, generally. Billy Connolly, that tosser from Bolton, Bernard Manning etc, all of them, some bloke standing there, just telling you jokes. The ONLY one I find amusing is Chubby Brown, and I don't know why I find him different to the rest either, I just do.

The reason you don't like comedians is because you don't like some bloke standing there making you laugh, but you like Chubby Brown, who just stands there, making you laugh.

Right, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that "some bloke making you laugh" isn't why you don't like those comedians, I'd wager it was something else. :lol:

To be fair, Chubby Brown has impeccable timing and a great turn of phrase, if his material wasn't so offensive to the masses he'd be much, much bigger than he is. I reckon if he broke onto the scene now and made the same joke without the same language he'd be massive. The worrying thing is people don't realise it's all an act. He's a really gentle speaking bloke off stage, really nice guy by all accounts.

oh and to be honest, Manning and Peter Kay are fucking shit anyway.

The reason you don't like comedians is because you don't like some bloke standing there making you laugh, but you like Chubby Brown, who just stands there, making you laugh.

if ever there was proof needed that some people just make mountains out of molehills just because it's me they are replying to :gay:

The post is quite straightforward and stating the point.

Fuck me. :lol:

if ever there was proof needed that some people just make mountains out of molehills just because it's me they are replying to :gay:

Bit forward, I thought it was just a rumour.

:good:

if ever there was proof needed that some people just make mountains out of molehills just because it's me they are replying to :good:

? :gay: behave man, I was pointing out that your post doesn't make sense. You give the reason why you don't like all comics, but you do like 1 comic, who doesn't do anything different to the bulk of the others.

Wind your jowly neck in.

maybe try to not be such a dick....might help.

if ever there was proof needed that some people just make mountains out of molehills just because it's me they are replying to :good:

maybe try to not be such a dick....might help.

careful. I'll set skidders onto you :gay:

• 3 weeks later...

Just recieved the listings for our local theatre and as my son enjoys going to see a stand up show I thought I'd get him a couple tickets to put in with his pressies. So in January its either Jason Manford or Stephen K Amos :razz: What do you think? Not a great choice I know :razz:

Just recieved the listings for our local theatre and as my son enjoys going to see a stand up show I thought I'd get him a couple tickets to put in with his pressies. So in January its either Jason Manford or Stephen K Amos :razz: What do you think? Not a great choice I know :razz:

Manford definitely. I enjoyed his stand-up.

I have a bit of am epiphany a few years back when I was sat with a load of mates on New years eve having a few drinks watching Chubby Brown before we went out.

His jokes weren't funny but because they included the words Fuck and Cunt and because he was dressed like a twat everyone was pissing themselves.

Comedy gems along the lines of this . . . . .

''My wife is a right cunt, her fanny is huge, I stuck my cock in it and moths flew out, then a blackie fell out as well!''

Speaks volumes that he's the only comedian Leazes likes

Bill hicks - relentless

Eddie Murphy - raw

The two best stand up DVDs ever. Would have given anything to have seen Eddie Murphy live in his early days

Not sure he would get away with quite so many faggot and AIDS jokes these days like :razz:

I have a bit of am epiphany a few years back when I was sat with a load of mates on New years eve having a few drinks watching Chubby Brown before we went out.

His jokes weren't funny but because they included the words Fuck and Cunt and because he was dressed like a twat everyone was pissing themselves.

Comedy gems along the lines of this . . . . .

''My wife is a right cunt, her fanny is huge, I stuck my cock in it and moths flew out, then a blackie fell out as well!''

Speaks volumes that he's the only comedian Leazes likes

I detest that man, I'd like to slap him really hard around his fat ignorant face :razz:

Thats Chubby Brown of course, not Leazes :razz: Thought I'd best add that!!