Your favourite stand up comedians?

Toonraider

Is Alan Davies an actual comedian or is he just one of Stephen Fry's mates who Fry fancies?

Yesss, I have a DVD of an old show he did years ago, brilliant! It was probably before he did Jonathan Creek.

Jim Jeffries is doing the Tyne Theatre on September 1st if anyone is interested. Tickets on sale right this minute.

Not for the faint of heart that lad.

A lad I know has been getting a fair bit of press lately for his standup because he can't speak.

http://lostvoiceguy.com

He's on BBC Breakfast this morning. Got a genuinely lol out of me with his joke about special forces.

Re Jim Jeffries, change of plan on me not letting my lass know what she's in for. Alcoholocaust is going on tonight and let the chips fall where they may. :lol:

A lad I know has been getting a fair bit of press lately for his standup because he can't speak.

http://lostvoiceguy.com

He's on BBC Breakfast this morning. Got a genuinely lol out of me with his joke about special forces.

He's a pretty funny guy like, really pleased to see him doing well out of what started as a daft little venture.

• 2 weeks later...

Off to see Jeff Dunham on Saturday night which I'm really looking forward to. Admittedly he's not everyone's cup of tea but his DVD had me in bits.

Saw Rich Hall last night and he was brilliant....

"Boris Johnson looks like he shouldve been an extra in that Amish film "Witness"....he'd be the lazy fat one who didnt help build the barn, just ate all the cakes after..." :lol:

I'm off to see Frankie Boyle later in the year, not a massive fan but my mate bought me tickets for my birthday so it should be a good laugh. I personally think he just couldn't persuade his Mrs to go with him so he's taking me instead as a 'present.' I'm usually quite picky (or even snobby I suppose) with standups and have upset people in the past by refusing to go and see someone allegedly funny and popular but actually really average. I have certain rules with standups; the most important being that if I can see your punchline coming a mile off then you're shit. Also there's no going back to anyone who make's cheap northern jokes that they used to do in the 70's about scousers nicking hubcaps etc (I'm looking at you Michael McIntyre)

I'm off to see Frankie Boyle later in the year, not a massive fan but my mate bought me tickets for my birthday so it should be a good laugh. I personally think he just couldn't persuade his Mrs to go with him so he's taking me instead as a 'present.' I'm usually quite picky (or even snobby I suppose) with standups and have upset people in the past by refusing to go and see someone allegedly funny and popular but actually really average. I have certain rules with standups; the most important being that if I can see your punchline coming a mile off then you're shit. Also there's no going back to anyone who make's cheap northern jokes that they used to do in the 70's about scousers nicking hubcaps etc (I'm looking at you Michael McIntyre)

You should be ok with Boyle. Luckily he's been off tv for a while, so you won't hear all his Mock the Week act regurgitated (or you shouldn't anyway). Mind, you'll be able to see where he's going with his jokes, they'll be shocking, but he's got an inventive turn of phrase.

Re Jim Jeffries, change of plan on me not letting my lass know what she's in for. Alcoholocaust is going on tonight and let the chips fall where they may. :lol:

Saw a bit Jeffries did about getting a sex toy stuck up his arse. I noticed several comments below claiming he'd stolen the bit from Doug Stanhope. After looking it up, apparently he is a joke thief and has used a lot of Stanhope's material. Naughty!

At least I don't have to starve myself down to less than 10% bodyfat every week in a futile attempt to keep viewers on an internet webcam sex show broadcast from an ugly, fetid one-bed shithole in Norway. Have you set aside enough cash for vaseline this week? Competition is tough in the world of Norweigan internet sex shows, so Aeris tells me.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

• 1 month later...

Mrs PL booked up to see Chris Addison months ago, I'd forgotten all about it....untill last week when she mentioned its tonight at 8pm.......so, she has managed,in the last few months, to book off and thus render useless for viewing football of any kind the last week of last season, the first two weeks of next season and now this. For someone who doesn't like football she seems to know a hell of a lot about fuckin fixture lists....evil genius tbh :(