Roeder Q&A on Radio Newcastle

Tom_NUFC

Dunno, if this has been posted (I've looked at can't see owt, so I'll assume not)

From NUFC.com

Following on from the live interviews with messrs Souness and Shearer, BBC Radio Newcastle will broadcast a live question and answer session with Glenn Roeder next week.

Mick Lowes will host the event on Tuesday from 5-6pm, putting questions to the United boss set by supporters.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/tyne/content/articles...r_feature.shtml

Click here to find out how to submit a question.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Patrokles
PR exercise. After the Souness one, where he got no stick whatsoever (in fact, there were at least half a dozen callers who said 'you're doing a great job') I've decided these really aren't worth a listen.

176800[/snapback]

Roeder is a very honest man, though, and there is absolutely no doubt he'll be asked about transfers, etc & answer honestly.

PR exercise. After the Souness one, where he got no stick whatsoever (in fact, there were at least half a dozen callers who said 'you're doing a great job') I've decided these really aren't worth a listen.

176800[/snapback]

Graeme WAS doing a great job though to be fair. ;)

176800[/snapback]

Roeder is a very honest man, though, and there is absolutely no doubt he'll be asked about transfers, etc & answer honestly.

176805[/snapback]

I've got no doubt about that, it's just the questions he'll be asked will be screened and 'safe.'

Guest Patrokles

176800[/snapback]

176805[/snapback]

I've got no doubt about that, it's just the questions he'll be asked will be screened and 'safe.'

176815[/snapback]

Just pretend you're going to tell him he's great, then LAUNCH into a stinging diatribe about his scouting system.

I'm gonna ring in and ask him how old Martins is and how much Feyenoord's valuation of Kuyt is. If he doesn't know the answer to either I'm gonna tell him to stop pissing about on the radio and ficking will find out.

Guest Patrokles

Some cracking questions already on the website:

Lee Thomson

Glenn - Is it now a policy of Newcastle United that we will only be interested in strikers who are valued at at least 8 million and over. There has been a host of strikers available over the last couple of seasons and this pre-season available at a lot less than that price who would certainly and have scored more goals than the strikers we have. Yet the club doesn't seem interested unless they are valued at big money.

Mark Dalton

Glenn everyone knows here you want the same as us fans, good attacking football, but can i ask did you ever consider a bid for craig bellamy?

Callum Ryder

Have you had a look at Freddy Eastwood? he is a frightening young talent and banging them in for Southend!

FID FROM WALKER

Glenn Now that David Beckham is not in the England squad anymore would it not be worth trying to bring him here so that he can prove to mr maclaren what a good player he still is,plus just look at the revenue he would bring in to the club

stu season ticket holder

glenn can we not play luque in the roll that he played for deportivo

Ben Blackburn

Hi Glenn, do you send scouts around local schools in Newcastle to scout for new youth players? Or is there another way that you scout for youth players?

Phil Hussey

Hi Glenn I went to the Graig Fleming Testinomial game. Why are all our young midfield and forward players clones of Michael Owen. What i mean is small and pacey E.G. Finigam, OBrien, Pattison. We seem to have no young six foot target men or midfield players.

john

please bring matt jansen to solve striker problem he free transfer now !!!!!!!!!

Salil Jayachandran,India

Dont you think with the addition of a left back and two strikers,one of Owen's calibre, newcastle united should be able to mount a title challenge and not just aim sixth place?

Archie Brand

As the chairman said, he has always supported his managers - so I wish people would just sit back and wait and stop the moaning. But let's be honest - isn't it about time the club treated their fans a little better and kept them informed about their efforts in the transfer market? If you have spoken to a club then why not tell the fans who you are after? This Dallas type cliffhanger stuff is wearing a bit thin, don't you think?

PLUS ABOUT A MILLION 'TEACH TITUS THE ROEDER SHUFFLE' ones.

I didn't read them all because it got too depressing but I will be submitting my own question concerning whether Glenn is au fait with youtube. If he isn't then, to be honest, I'm going to support Arsenal.

176800[/snapback]

Graeme WAS doing a great job though to be fair. ;)

176807[/snapback]

But LM has gone now, Gemmill. Surely there aint gonna be anyone taking the bait anymore? Come to think of it, LM didn't half take some bait; mind you, he was the one responsible for setting himself up for it and, boy, did he enjoy it :D;)

I'd like to ask Glenn a really deep and meaningful question:

Do you think Monty Panesar should be the Sports Personality of The Year?

or

Between Portly Freddie and Mick Lowes, who do you think would win a pie eating contest?

or

Does NUFC still operate the policy of only signing 'proper' footballers.

or

Does he envisage Keiron Dyer (remember him, folks?) playing longer than 45 minutes this season?

or

Between Portly Freddie and Mick Lowes, who do you think would win a pie eating contest?

or

or

Does he envisage Keiron Dyer (remember him, folks?) playing longer than 45 minutes this season?

177331[/snapback]

What instrument?

Guest Patrokles
I liked this one:
IS THERE ANYONE AT THE CLUB THAT SWEATS MORE THAN NOBBY SOLANO DURING A GAME?

177345[/snapback]

Probably Freddie again.

I liked this one:
IS THERE ANYONE AT THE CLUB THAT SWEATS MORE THAN NOBBY SOLANO DURING A GAME?

177345[/snapback]

Let's see the toll 90 minutes of football have on that bloke at 50!

or

or

or

177331[/snapback]

What instrument?

177338[/snapback]

His own, no doubt.