Ever had a bad accident

bobbyshinton

I went head over heels of me pedal bike and fractured me skull, but that was when I was 8 or something. Since then I have not been involved in what I would call bad one.

Slashed me hand on a meat slicer blade I was maintaining 16 stitches ;)

I was meaning more serious stuff.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Split my head open loads of times when I was a kid, coming off bikes and the like. Nothing major though - have never broken any bones which has led me over the years to believe that I might actually be unbreakable.

Never had any serious accidents but I did have a tumour on my hip when I was 5 which, if it had been malignant, would have resulted in me having my leg amputated.

Thankfully it was benign but being a parent now myself, I can't begin to image the hell my folks must have gone through waiting for the results.

I fell of my bike when I was twelve and the handlebar went into my guts, and ruptured my intestines. I had just had a curryI was in surgery for eight hours while the picked all the bits of rice and peas and that out. I have a twelve inch scar straight up the middle of my stomach where they sliced me open

I was in hospital for a month.

I fell of my bike when I was twelve and the handlebar went into my guts, and ruptured my intestines. I had just had a curryI was in surgery for eight hours while the picked all the bits of rice and peas and that out. I have a twelve inch scar straight up the middle of my stomach where they sliced me open

I was in hospital for a month.

176694[/snapback]

Spared you the ring of fire though, tbf.

I've never spent a night in hospital but my brother has had 3 massive operations that needed him to stay in for months on end.

My mam often reminds me that I'm "not half the man" my brother is because I've had none of his trouble. Like it's my fault I've never been at deaths door. Always struck me as a cruel thing to say.

I've never spent a night in hospital but my brother has had 3 massive operations that needed him to stay in for months on end.

My mam often reminds me that I'm "not half the man" my brother is because I've had none of his trouble.  Like it's my fault I've never been at deaths door.  Always struck me as a cruel thing to say.

176702[/snapback]

That does sound pretty harsh like. I'd be pointing out that my immune system would have his all over the shop.

Crushed me thumb once at work many moons ago.

Got an x-ray as I thought I had 'done' me shoulder at school once, only to be asked by the nurse if I had ever broken my collar bone. No, i replied. She then told me I had, but it had healed up a long time ago. Nails me ;)

No major accidents although the car I was in got hit by a bus a couple of years ago. We walked away unscathed. Other than that I broke my fingers when I was legging it from a bloke who went for me once in a pub. I crashed through the door of the ladies loo and smacked my hand on the door frame.

I went head over heels of me pedal bike and fractured me skull, but that was when I was 8 or something.  Since then I have not been involved in what I would call bad one.

Slashed me hand on a meat slicer blade I was maintaining 16 stitches  ;)

176624[/snapback]

I done the same when I was about 14. Front wheel fell off my bmx while I done a rather small jump. I landed face first and split my chin. Only needed a disappointing 3 butterfly stitches.

Never had a serious accident - never broken a bone.

Aside from my eczema and asthma, this is the worst thing thats happenned to me.

When i was about 10 i was at my aunties playing outside on the fence. After walking along the top of the fence i decided to jump down - only instead of landing on my feet on the ground - i landed on my shins on the top of the fence and fell to the ground in a heap.

brought a tear to my eye i can tell ya. ohmy.gif

So i goes running straight to me dad and he says 'aah your alright' and i blub 'but its bleeding'. So me dad has a look and theres a big flap of skin and he could see my shin bone.

Heres the best bit - me dad (in his wisdom) says 'take your jeans off - the doctors will just cut them off''. icon_lol.gif

So a few minutes later we were on our way to rake lane in an ambulance with me in my undies. laugh.gif

I went head over heels of me pedal bike and fractured me skull, but that was when I was 8 or something.  Since then I have not been involved in what I would call bad one.

Slashed me hand on a meat slicer blade I was maintaining 16 stitches  ;)

176624[/snapback]

I done the same when I was about 14. Front wheel fell off my bmx while I done a rather small jump. I landed face first and split my chin. Only needed a disappointing 3 butterfly stitches.

176713[/snapback]

I did the same the day I was going to see Brian May at Whitley Bay Ice Rink. Scraped half of me face off. Looked like Mel Gibson in that film about a man with no face. I forget what it's called.

Edited by Happy Face

When i was about 10 i was at my aunties playing outside on the fence. After walking along the top of the fence i decided to jump down - only instead of landing on my feet on the ground - i landed on my shins on the top of the fence and fell to the ground in a heap.

So i goes running straight to me dad and he says 'aah your alright' and i blub 'but its bleeding'. So me dad has a look and theres a big flap of skin and he could see my shin bone.

Heres the best bit - me dad (in his wisdom) says 'take your jeans off - the doctors will just cut them off''. icon_lol.gif

So a few minutes later we were on our way to rake lane in an ambulance with me in my undies. laugh.gif

176716[/snapback]

If you're gonna c&p you could at least sort the smilies out. ;) Was that on NO originally?

176716[/snapback]

If you're gonna c&p you could at least sort the smilies out. :) Was that on NO originally?

176718[/snapback]

;) i just copied and pasted my reply from the 'scars' thread.

Crikey how could I forget!

Me and me older brother were at our uncles, on a kid's garden merry-go-round peddaling faster and faster.

Numb nuts here leaned out as we twirled round at great velocity.

Thwack! My head connected with the metal connection of the waste pipes from the kitchen.

Blood everywhere. Off to hospital for urgent attention. I still have the dint in me heed.

Me and me older brother were at our uncles, on a kid's garden merry-go-round peddaling faster and faster.

Thwack! My head connected with the metal connection of the waste pipes from the kitchen.

Blood everywhere. Off to hospital for urgent attention. I still have the dint in me heed.

176722[/snapback]

Was that you in that youtube video? ;)

176722[/snapback]

176724[/snapback]

I doubt it!!! I haven't seen what you're referring to but I was only about 8 at the time. A time when only 8mm (?) cine camera existed.

Link??

176722[/snapback]

176724[/snapback]

I doubt it!!! I haven't seen what you're referring to but I was only about 8 at the time. A time when only 8mm (?) cine camera existed.

Link??

176726[/snapback]

Cave drawings more like. :)

176722[/snapback]

176724[/snapback]

Link??

176726[/snapback]

Cave drawings more like. :)

176732[/snapback]

:( I'll give you that one!! :P

Broken arm playing football when I was 15. Ate poisonous berries when I was a kid and apparently I got caught on the top of my head when my dad closed the car boot and it split it open. I do have a scar from it on the top of my head but you can't tell unless my hair is really short.

Nothing too serious thankfully, never broken a bone.

Worst accident ive had was when i was 14, whilst a pillion on a motorbike we knocked over an elderly man and lady (and their dogs) Apart from scratches and bruises myself and the rider were fine, luckily we were thrown clear of the busy road. I actually got an endorsement on my driving licence because the rider hadnt passed his test! ;)

Another accident i had was as i took a tray of bubbling hot oil out of the oven I tipped it all over my bare legs :( I cannot tell you how painful that was :) It was the night before i went on hols to Amsterdam and i had to try and walk around with my legs all blistered and feeling tight covered in dressings, what a bloody nightmare that was!!

Nothing too serious thankfully, never broken a bone.

Worst accident ive had was when i was 14, whilst a pillion on a motorbike we knocked over an elderly man and lady (and their dogs) Apart from scratches and bruises myself and the rider were fine, luckily we were thrown clear of the busy road. I actually got an endorsement on my driving licence because the rider hadnt passed his test!  :)

176819[/snapback]

Any word on how the elderly couple and their dogs were like, you self-obsessed bint? ;):(

I had a motorbike accident once where I hit the back of a mini, went straight over the roof and landed on my face in front of it. I knocked a few teeth out and had some fairly dramatic bruising, and was out cold for a few hours.

The funny thing was though when I came round in hospital I literally couldnt remember what day it was, and apparently I just kept asking people every five minutes what day it was then forgetting straight away