Paul Huntington on his way?

Scottish Mag

Plymouth Argyle have handed a trial to promising Newcastle United youngster Paul Huntington.

The tall defender is set to appear in Plymouth's reserves this week and is considered a top prospect with the North East giants.

The Carlisle-born Huntington has spent the last two years in Newcastle's academy set-up, having appeared in the club's reserves during that time.

The 18-year-old has also earned England Under-18 international honours and is contracted to The Magpies until the summer of 2008.

It remains to be seen if Huntington can impress the Championship club and earn a temporary switch to the Devon outfit.

? this is daft if it's true, I'd let him go on loan... but if he's good enough to play for Plymouth in the Championship we should try and keep hold of him..

If he's Championship material, he'll be better than those that make our first team

I assumed this was SM testing out the impact of headlines for his marketing course or something.

Isn't this kid held is higher regard than Steven Taylor (if even possible OMG!!!11ROFFLE)?

Edited by DotBum

I assumed this was SM testing out the impact of headlines for his markeing course or something.

Isn't this kid held is higher regard than Steven Taylor (if even possible OMG!!!11ROFFLE)?

176958[/snapback]

he is a good one. Let him out on loan for experience, we do have a boatload of Cb's at the moment

I like the idea of him going on loan but I would try and restrict it so we can recall him just in case rather than one of these season-long loans where you can't do that.

...and if the lad doesnt show any promise and turns out not up to their level, then Plymouth can send him to us at Torquay as we get all their cast offs!!

Edited by Toonraider