The Fish's Sales Thread

Gemmill

not glasses... windows

..I'll get me coat.

177118[/snapback]

You really are a double glazing salesman?

Good luck, try and not be as obnoxious as the last one I had.

177126[/snapback]

He'll have to really try. :D

:D  Free half hour of psychoanalysis with every conservatory!  Are these lads not usually the gypsies you see on BBC documentaries?

177135[/snapback]

Would gypsies have sales targets now then?

the ones that cold call are bottom feeders aye, but the only reason I took this job is because it's appointment based.

and when I'm trying to be nice to people I'm not obnoxious

I'm a little obsequious mind :D

the ones that cold call are bottom feeders aye, but the only reason I took this job is because it's appointment based.

177140[/snapback]

So every person on this side of the road booked an appointment for 'around now'? How queer. What's that you say? Every person on the other side booked for around half an hour from now? Well I'd better get my little roller-booties on!

I think a lot of folk are only going to be wanting an estimate, but it's my job to convince them to buy the windows from me.

I know that it's not particularly proud work, but it's money at the end of the week so I can't really let awkward things like morals get in the way .

177140[/snapback]

So every person on this side of the road booked an appointment for 'around now'? How queer. What's that you say? Every person on the other side booked for around half an hour from now? Well I'd better get my little roller-booties on!

177150[/snapback]

some companies do cold call, mine doesn't.

that's what I meant by this job, not that window salesmen don't cold call, just this company don't

I think a lot of folk are only going to be wanting an estimate, but it's my job to convince them to buy the windows from me.

I know that it's not particularly proud work, but it's money at the end of the week so I can't really let awkward things like morals get in the way .

177151[/snapback]

As long as it's a good product and you aren't selling them a load of shite at extortinate rates I wouldn't worry. You aren't doing that are you? :D

177151[/snapback]

That's about right, you'll be using all the lines like you can only give a discount if you sign up today, getting some granny to give up her life savings on something she doesn't even need. I ended up telling the guy to fuck off and went with a company that doesn't use sales people. The irony was this made them cheaper too!

some companies do cold call, mine doesn't.

that's what I meant by this job, not that window salesmen don't cold call, just this company don't

177156[/snapback]

;)

I've done some fucking dodgy sales jobs in my time, not one to criticise. :D

Never sold B2C mind, I'm not a common prostitute.

Edited by DotBum

177151[/snapback]

As long as it's a good product and you aren't selling them a load of shite at extortinate rates I wouldn't worry. You aren't doing that are you? :D

177160[/snapback]

the company line is that it's a luxury product ad middle range price.

whey for one thing I'm not going to say luxury, cos people think luxury means excessive and unnecessary. Someone says Luxury and I hear Laurent Robert. ;)

and I'm a little concerned about taking advantage of vulnerable people (either gullible or easily flustered), at the end of the day it IS a good product and it IS cheaper than products of similar quality from other companies.

I dunno

hopefully I can get the promotion quickly and distance myself from the sales part of it meaning I'm a step removed from the less noble side of things.

A perk of the job is to have a look for the shoebox under the bed while you're measuring up upstairs. :D

177166[/snapback]

Have you got a shoe fetish like, fatty?

177172[/snapback]

We have already estalished that you are more porky than me ginge.

177151[/snapback]

177160[/snapback]

the company line is that it's a luxury product ad middle range price.

whey for one thing I'm not going to say luxury, cos people think luxury means excessive and unnecessary. Someone says Luxury and I hear Laurent Robert. ;)

and I'm a little concerned about taking advantage of vulnerable people (either gullible or easily flustered), at the end of the day it IS a good product and it IS cheaper than products of similar quality from other companies.

I dunno

hopefully I can get the promotion quickly and distance myself from the sales part of it meaning I'm a step removed from the less noble side of things.

177173[/snapback]

How can you have luxury windows then? What makes them better than normal ones? I assume they are still UPVC with Pilkington glass.

Do you have to carry round huge samples?

A perk of the job is to have a look for the shoebox under the bed while you're measuring up upstairs. ;)

177166[/snapback]

Have you got a shoe fetish like, fatty?

177172[/snapback]

We have already estalished that you are more porky than me ginge.

177176[/snapback]

:D

No no no, chublet.

How can you have luxury windows then? What makes them better than normal ones? I assume they are still UPVC with Pilkington glass.

177178[/snapback]

Ooh, does it use that self-cleaning glass? That would be exciting!

177178[/snapback]

I'm not sure how you get a luxury window, maybe you can see .... further... or maybe they have a filter which increases the amount of light that goes into the house and reduces the light that goes out...

maybe they are bullet proof?

and yeah you carry around a sample, one bloke at the office got well excited when he showed me the screw that they use. I mean, yeah it was big and the thread had teeth at the start.... but it's a fucking screw man, just a posh bastards nail.

:D