The Fish's Sales Thread

Gemmill

would hjave preferred the dogs dinner to be honest.

well, first few days of sales under my belt. Couple of blow outs, a couple of times I got all the way through the demonstration and the punters refused to buy.

Sold two sets, but won't get the cash from that until the customer is approved for finance.

if they go through I'll have £1,300 and £625 (approx) coming into my bank account, which will please my Bank Manager, if no-one else.

187888[/snapback]

How much commission do you get - 80%?

187895[/snapback]

5% on product and 5% on comission

a full set of 7 windows and two doors costs around £10,000

would hjave preferred the dogs dinner to be honest.

well, first few days of sales under my belt. Couple of blow outs, a couple of times I got all the way through the demonstration and the punters refused to buy.

Sold two sets, but won't get the cash from that until the customer is approved for finance.

if they go through I'll have £1,300 and £625 (approx) coming into my bank account, which will please my Bank Manager, if no-one else.

187888[/snapback]

How much commission do you get - 80%?

187895[/snapback]

5% on product and 5% on comission

a full set of 7 windows and two doors costs around £10,000

187913[/snapback]

bliddy hell thats expensive :lol: are they gold plated ???

When i first left school i spent a couple of weeks canvassing house alarms.

Desperate stuff like. no basic wage and travelled everywhere on the metro. i think in my 2nd week i got £60 for a sale that went through.

I was shite though - i'd knock on houses that already had alarms fitted and fluff my patter an' allsorts.

Best thing about it was a lad who worked there had this party trick of being able to fart at will. He said he could 'suck up' air and then fart it out. i'd be talking to some wife aboot crime in the area and he'd be over the hedge letting rip or we'd be walking down the street and he'd be letting oot little raspers in time with each step. :lol:

bliddy hell thats expensive  :lol:  are they gold plated ???

187937[/snapback]

you're right, it's not cheap, but it's a top spec window. It's only really Everest and Weru that can compete on the product, but obviously Everest have Brand superority so we have to reduce the price of ours just so that we stay competitive.

exactly the same set of windows and doors from Everest would add another few grand to the price.

bliddy hell thats expensive  :lol:  are they gold plated ???

187937[/snapback]

you're right, it's not cheap, but it's a top spec window. It's only really Everest and Weru that can compete on the product, but obviously Everest have Brand superority so we have to reduce the price of ours just so that we stay competitive.

exactly the same set of windows and doors from Everest would add another few grand to the price.

187942[/snapback]

Sounds like Paramount windows to me, at that price.

Good wage for a door to door salesman, what were the postholder requirements? They must do degrees in this stuff now.

We have Mechanical Engineers, with years experience working on the shopfloor doing continental shift pattern on only a few grand more a year than you. I would stick with it, assuming you don't fall below your quota of course!

no experience, no qualifications.

just a certain type of personality in the interview.

It's Weatherseal, not Paramount by the way.

bliddy hell thats expensive  ;)  are they gold plated ???

187937[/snapback]

187942[/snapback]

Listen to his patter man. :lol:

bliddy hell thats expensive  :o  are they gold plated ???

187937[/snapback]

187942[/snapback]

Listen to his patter man. :unsure:

188270[/snapback]

:rolleyes:

For the record, 10 grand for a few double glazed windows and doors? Fuck right off, that's more than twice I paid for mine, which included a custom made stain glass window for the landing.

Top spec window indeed, GF, you may as well be mugging these gullible grannies on the street! ;)

187937[/snapback]

187942[/snapback]

188270[/snapback]

For the record, 10 grand for a few double glazed windows and doors? Fuck right off, that's more than twice I paid for mine, which included a custom made stain glass window for the landing.

Top spec window indeed, GF, you may as well be mugging these gullible grannies on the street! ;)

188303[/snapback]

'Stained glass' in a double glazed window? haha chav-fucking-tastic! FACT!

187937[/snapback]

187942[/snapback]

188270[/snapback]

188303[/snapback]

188306[/snapback]

Normally I'd agree, but this is a work of art man. Took me ages to design and is better than a view of the neighbours extension. <_<

187937[/snapback]

187942[/snapback]

188270[/snapback]

188303[/snapback]

188306[/snapback]

Normally I'd agree, but this is a work of art man. Took me ages to design and is better than a view of the neighbours extension. <_<

188312[/snapback]

<_<

Owt yer say....still reckon its all a bit scouse!

:unsure:

Top spec window indeed, GF, you may as well be mugging these gullible grannies on the street! :rolleyes:

188303[/snapback]

Is it an image of the baby Jesus weeping, or maybe on his shiny new tricycle?

Top spec window indeed, GF, you may as well be mugging these gullible grannies on the street! :rolleyes:

188303[/snapback]

188328[/snapback]

Fuck me, missed a trick there, the messiah crying or riding a bike, or both together, would have been class.

My window is an abstract seascape btw. I resisted the temptation of the NUFC crest - now that would have been chavtastic.

188303[/snapback]

188328[/snapback]

Fuck me, missed a trick there, the messiah crying or riding a bike, or both together, would have been class.

My window is an abstract seascape btw. I resisted the temptation of the NUFC crest - now that would have been chavtastic.

188357[/snapback]

The crest was way down the pecking order, below This Is Anfield anyway.

Top spec window indeed, GF, you may as well be mugging these gullible grannies on the street! :o

188303[/snapback]

188328[/snapback]

188357[/snapback]

Christ on Jet Ski! They saw you coming, Ray Charles!

Take a photo of it and stick it up on here Renty.  I'll bet it's shit!

188380[/snapback]

You'll probably think so, so, no. :rolleyes: I like it however, especially the light it projects on a sunny day.

Anyhow, we're getting off topic now. Ten grand for uPVC (I assume) windows is a rip off: FACT.

I agree with that like. No way would I give that fat knacker 10 grand of my cash for a set of windows. If I was working on commission, I'd have got a job with a company that sold cheaper windows tbh.

By the way, Fish, I hope you're gonna go back and finish your McDegree.

You're daft if you don't get something like double-glazing done by a small, established firm. Preferably one someone has recommended. That way you have a better chance of half the price of the window going in the salesperson's sky rocket.

Good luck though anyway Fishy :unsure:

Edited by alex

you get one from a small firm and you're paying over the top for a shit product. Fact.

so Renton baby, is your set of windows and doors up to Fensa Standard?

How many BSI Kite marks does the product have?

is the company registered with the GGF?

you're talking shite about windows mate, I'm not saying this is a cheap product, never have, what I am saying is that: You Buy Cheap, You Buy Twice.

A window that doesn't open, isn't stained and measures 500mm by 500mm from Weatherseal will cost £523 before any discounts. But it is a top spec window, it may (in your opinion) be too exspensive for your average Joe and that's fine, but the people buying these windows recognise the window is worth the price.

these "small established" firms are bullshit as well. 85% of them don't last 5years, (surprisingly enough the length of their guarantee) then they fold and begin trading under a new name. They fit substandard windows at a price that is cheaper than ours, Everest and Weru, but still vastly overpriced for their product.

I'm not trying to sell you lot windows because you probably don't need them, can't afford them and most importantly don't want them...

oh and the Salesman doesn't get half the price of windows in his "skyrocket" he gets at best 20% and is pretty much fucked if he doesn't make a sale.

I tell you honestly, a real concern of mine is the current company policy of requiring a signature at the time of the appointment, we are told not to leave until we've a definite Yes or No. I don't see why we can't go back the next day after they've been able to get a couple of quotes and/or read through the contract at their leisure.

Sales pitch. Fact! :unsure: Funny how I got a window done by a small company and another builder who did another job at my house reckoned it was a top quality job and product. It wasn't cheap, I missed out on paying a gobshite a load of commission though.

Edited by alex