so called striker signing

highpants

I dont want to be a smart arse but i predicted a few wk ago that we would NOT be signing any strikers, here we are days away from the start of the prem and whilst were being linked with the likes of Martins and Kuyt, we have NOT even made an offer for either, like i told you all earlier, we will NOT make a major or even Minor striker signing before the start of the Prem kick off, which will result in the usuall bad start to the year ahead.

I dont want to be a smart arse but i predicted a few wk ago that we would NOT be signing any strikers, here we are days away from the start of the prem and whilst were being linked with the likes of Martins and Kuyt, we have NOT even made an offer for either, like i told you all earlier, we will NOT make a major or even Minor striker signing before the start of the Prem kick off, which will result in the usuall bad start to the year ahead.

177299[/snapback]

IF we don't sign anyone by the close of the window it'll result in more than just a bad start

when is the window closing again?

177308[/snapback]

Aren't you supposed to be the expert now?

highpants - if you're going to say I told you so, why not wait until you can actually say it, or you'll end up with even more egg on your face. :D

Guest Patrokles
OMG THE SKY IS FALLING

177318[/snapback]

Quite a high post:chicken little ratio, should we be concerned? :D

177321[/snapback]

By the current ratio it'll be the 330th-ish before you need to worry.

Roeder knows the situation the same as all of us. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't let the deadline pass without bringing in a striker.

I'd be lieing if I said I wasn't concerned though...

177308[/snapback]

highpants - if you're going to say I told you so, why not wait until you can actually say it, or you'll end up with even more egg on your face. :D

177317[/snapback]

I wish i was wrong to be honest, but i NEVER post unless i am 100% sure i know what i'm on about, Roeder has not got the money you think he has, why do you think the fat one has been quiet of late, if you remember last year Freddy was Quoting how much he had bid for Anelka etc, how many times have you heard Fatso lately, we have NOT even bid for any Striker= FACT

177308[/snapback]

177317[/snapback]

I wish i was wrong to be honest, but i NEVER post unless i am 100% sure i know what i'm on about, Roeder has not got the money you think he has, why do you think the fat one has been quiet of late, if you remember last year Freddy was Quoting how much he had bid for Anelka etc, how many times have you heard Fatso lately, we have NOT even bid for any Striker= FACT

177332[/snapback]

highpants, I hope I'm not wrong in this, but I reckon you're talking shite.

Jeeez, I hope you are!

If you come on here on 1st Sept saying 'I told you so' I'll eat my....(I don't have a hat)...tea!

Maybe we havent, but we've still got 16 days to sort one (or two). for all we know, we could be putting a bid in today, tomorrow or friday etc.

Guest Patrokles

177308[/snapback]

177317[/snapback]

177332[/snapback]

I think I'd find it easier to take your FACTS seriously if you didn't sound like a 10 year old who had lost his favourite action man.

Guest Patrokles
So you have an intimate knowledge of Newcastle's financial situation, hp?  Source?

177348[/snapback]

He reads all macbeth's posts on N-O.

To be honest i reckon Roeder and freddie have looked at the opening few fixtures and are confident that we can get results against everyone with what we have got up until the 20th september when we play Liverpool. So even if we don`t sign anyone until the end of the month they will have 3 weeks to settle in.

To be honest i reckon Roeder and freddie have looked at the opening few fixtures and are confident that we can get results against everyone with what we have got up until the 20th september when we play Liverpool.  So even if we don`t sign anyone until the end of the month they will have 3 weeks to settle in.

177677[/snapback]

I agree, because we haven't got an alleged 'big boy' for a while into the season then they think we can get away with it. Could be a big mistake if we drop points.