Dead Rising...

Pegasus Bridge

Anyone getting this bastard of a game ;) ?

Looks awesome, like Dawn of the Dead, and you can pick up anything, and invent ways to dispose of these dead mo'fo's.

Apparently, you don't even have to follow a story if you don't wan't to, you can just hide in a cupboard for the duration of the game :D .

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/dead...q=Dead%20Rising

Edited by NewcastleRocker

I think it'll be one of those games that you put on while waiting to go out, or you put on once you're back in from the club and waiting for the food to reheat.

fun for about ten minutes after your initial overdose of it.

I think it'll be one of those games that you put on while waiting to go out, or you put on once you're back in from the club and waiting for the food to reheat.

fun for about ten minutes after your initial overdose of it.

177457[/snapback]

It's supposed to have quite a bit of longevity, and it's supposed to be nails to finish.

Aye can't wait to get it. I've also heard its a real bastard to finish. The final boss sounds impossible. This and Test Drive unlimitied should do until good old emergance day eh? :D

just rent it, play it, finish it, return it.

177526[/snapback]

Thats the way to do it.

I did that with the warriors.

cheaper and you don't have a game your bored of when you have finished.

Edited by twiggy_nufc

• 2 weeks later...

Played the demo the other day, very boring after the inital gory fun factor of mowing down zombies by the dozen.

Almost exclusively playing Live Arcade recently. I thought Texas Hold 'Em was free for 48 hours and then you payed, now it looks like anyone who got it has it for free, permanently, can anyone confirm that?

It's got some bugs, but I'm enjoying it.

EDIT: Never mind, it was free, I assumed I was just getting a 48 hour free trial, sweet.

Edited by ObaGol

I played the demo at a mate's house recently while I was waiting for him to get ready.  I enjoyed it very much.  Can you get it on anything other than the 360 ?

185205[/snapback]

Only on the 360.....but thankfully thats the only console you'll need :lol:

anyone played the Just Cause demo yet?

186143[/snapback]

Yeah; kind of like GTA:Deperado.

I thought it was a bit suspect, but looked like it could have been fun if they ironed out some of the problems. I don't see the point in uber-realism if I'm going to get hit by a car moving at 50 miles an hour and just skate along in front of it.

At the start, was I really supposed to land on that car? Seemed insanely difficult, at least I could nick a car and go after him when I missed, but the second mission was very difficult, couldn't get through all the barriers. Which reminds me, the AI was a bit dodgy, don't know if that's likely to improve in the final version.

It's one player, so it's another one I propably won't bother with. What I really want to see is a GTA type game multiplayer.

Ooh, Saint's Row is going to be multiplayer, might have to get that now...

Edited by ObaGol

played it now. Wasnt impressed

Ooh, Saint's Row is going to be multiplayer, might have to get that now...

its a fairly limited multiplayer but sounds alright.

Ive got the same attitude as you, I cant really see myself bothering with many games that dont have a decent MP side.

Ive got the same attitude as you, I cant really see myself bothering with many games that dont have a decent MP side.

186799[/snapback]

Except Geometry Wars. :lol:

Best game on the 360, FACT!

What have you read about Saint's Row's limited capacity online? I reckon I'll wait a couple of weeks before I get it. Best option in case there's a problem, as far as I know they still haven't sorted the tearing on Moto GP.

Then there's the feature every GTA fan has clamored for since GTA III: online multiplayer matches. Saints Row's Xbox Live presentation is a colossal step in the right direction for the genre, with its live-action lobby, imaginative game modes, and an MMO-inspired element that allows you to amass and spend the money you win online.

Standard Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch modes are a given. Big-Ass Chains adds a financial element: you earn money and points by depositing the chains of fallen enemies at drop-off points. These simpler, pick-up-and-play games are great fun, and leagues better than the tacked-on multiplayer modes found in GTA: Liberty City Stories.

The sniper rifle has three levels of zoom, so you'll be well-equipped to make precision shots in multiplayer matches

Protect tha Pimp is more interesting because it's basically an urban-infused remake of Counter-strike's V.I.P. game. One team consists of the pimp and his followers, while the other consists of hired hitmen. The hitmen must try to wipe out the pimp; the pimp must make it safely to the exit without being blown to smithereens. This was one of the most suspenseful match types we played, as players each have only one life (ala Counter-strike), and the pimp could take any foe out with a single, devastating "pimp slap" melee attack. Perfect, isn't it?

Blinged-out Ride is also worthy of mention. Two teams compete to build the best car, blasting each other in order to steal cash to pay for the overhaul. Once one team has a big lead (and a blinged-out car), the other team inevitable tried to sabotage their car en route to the mechanic in order the even the odds. It's a fascinating tug-of-war: kind of like Junkyard Wars meets New Jack City.

There's also a two-player cooperative mode, but it's disappointing in size and scope. You can't play through the full single-player campaign with a buddy via Xbox Live. Instead, you're stuck with a collection of simpler mini-missions that, from what we played, seemed routine. Co-op is a fun distraction, but it wont' replace the bread and butter modes.

Pimp Slap? :lol:

Not bothered by co-op type stuff.  Might just get this now, actually.

186813[/snapback]

:D

accompanied by "Bitch, Wheres ma money"

All the mp modes are in fairly small areas by the sound of it. Will have to wait and see how small. Full 4 player co op wa mentioned a while back. Would have been a definite buy if it was in

Superb. Single player is very much like GTA and just as good. Online is a lot better than I expected. Havent laughed so much in ages.

192327[/snapback]

Excellent, the girlfriend's off getting it now, so I'm glad it's good. Seen some complaints of lag online, but they're working on a patch already, so they seem trustworthy.

Superb. Single player is very much like GTA and just as good. Online is a lot better than I expected. Havent laughed so much in ages.

192327[/snapback]

Excellent, the girlfriend's off getting it now, so I'm glad it's good. Seen some complaints of lag online, but they're working on a patch already, so they seem trustworthy.

192328[/snapback]

In matchmaking its been a bit dodgy but thats down to getting matched up with yanks imo. COD was the same at first. Private games have been lag free

The lobby system is a work of genius