Can you sprain the arch of your foot?

Craig

Playing 5-a-side tonight, I went to clear the ball up field and when my foot followed through, one of the blokes on the other side who was trying to volley the ball connected with the underside of the arch of my foot leaving me in a heap on the floor.

I carried on for the rest of the game thinking I could run it off, but the pain's continued. Got home tonight, took my trainer off and the bridge of my foot is puffed up like a balloon. My ankle is absolutely fine, the swelling is further forward than that - current sat here with an ice pack on it...

Anyone got any ideas? Well looking forward to the pain in the morning! :D

I don't think it will be a sprain as there are no tendons or ligaments in the arch are there?

More likely to be deep bruising, still painful though.

177433[/snapback]

Props to the Doc, a much better response than you usually get i.e. "it's a virus"

Dr Ken - I haven't got a clue mate, but it's growing all the time! :D

Toonpack - Off to see Occupational Nurse at work tomorrow (if I get there!)

Hehe - I'd forgotten about that! :D

Should have fucking sued them bastards, who leaves shards of metal hanging off the goalposts for fuck's sake? ;)

I fucking scored which is what matters! :D

Slid in at the far post to bury it in the net and my foot followed through and connected with the goalpost... ;)

I got the old plantar Fasciitis injury in my 2nd game last season. Couldnt play for a month and I still have to wear pads and gel insoles. Nasty little bugger.

Then went on to pull a hamstring and strain knee ligaments just after Chrimbo. Out for 3 months.

Felt like Kieron Dyer...but without the lighter and £50 notes.

Edited by Holden McGroin

Take anti-inflammatories and keep it elevated.  Might not be wise to drive if it's too painful.

177462[/snapback]

Am doing that - thank you for the advice nursey....

As for the driving, I've got cruise control - i just hope the fuckers move out of my way cos i'm not braking! :D

because we have no 'head height' or 'no people in the box' rules in our games! :D

Football is football - bollocks to all these non-contact rules! ;)

177437[/snapback]

Lie at the bottom of a staircase moaning, pretend you did it at work ;)

177437[/snapback]

Lie at the bottom of a staircase moaning, pretend you did it at work ;)

177592[/snapback]

;) Class idea.

Sounds like you have damaged your plantar fascia like, as has been suggested - basically you may have torn the connective tissue on the soles of your feet.

I suffer from intemittent plantar fasciitis. It's pretty bad - about 3 or 4 times a year I wake up to find I can't put any weight on my feet. Nothing helps - it's an extremely nasty and debilitating condition.

Sounds like you have damaged your plantar fascia like, as has been suggested - basically you may have torn the connective tissue on the soles of your feet.

I suffer from intemittent plantar fasciitis. It's pretty bad - about 3 or 4 times a year I wake up to find I can't put any weight on my feet. Nothing helps - it's an extremely nasty and debilitating condition.

177607[/snapback]

Is that cos you're so fat your feet sometimes object?