Archbishop of York

snakehips

He's camping out for a week - on a liquid diet only - (and he's had his head shaved) in a tent inside York Minster, to bring awareness to the problems in the Middle East.

Question:

Is this act one of sound judgement which can only help in the solving of the problems?

or

Is he just a mis-guided fool who is just wasting his time?

Personally, I reckon he is a complete tit who is making a fool of himself.

Thoughts?

Oh, and to further demonstrate his seriousness, he has forgone a family holiday to Austria :D This is true btw.

someone in his position could have done something much better to highlight a cause than a stupid stunt like that.

Frankly wheres his sense of adventure.

He could have tried seeing how many priests he could get in a mini or a "hands on the font" competition. Or how about "babtising a thousand children all as Brians" in a day.

Sheesh the modern church.

someone in his position could have done something much better to highlight a cause than a stupid stunt like that.

Frankly wheres his sense of adventure.

He could have tried seeing how many priests he could get in a mini or a "hands on the font" competition. Or how about "babtising a thousand children all as Brians" in a day.

Sheesh the modern church.

177492[/snapback]

:D

or held 'conversion' clinics in Oldham, Burnley, Leicester, Bradford and the like!

A tent outside your minster ???

Hardly Ray Mears is it !!!

177500[/snapback]

Do you reckon that if he needs a slash in the middle of the night he'll have a quick one in the font while nobodys looking? or if he gets peckish will he raid the hol communion crackers? get ratted on the wine with his mates then go appleing at 4am? (or as we did, go hedge hopping and nicking the badges off VWs!)

177500[/snapback]

Do you reckon that if he needs a slash in the middle of the night he'll have a quick one in the font while nobodys looking? or if he gets peckish will he raid the hol communion crackers? get ratted on the wine with his mates then go appleing at 4am? (or as we did, go hedge hopping and nicking the badges off VWs!)

177502[/snapback]

When you think about it, it must be one hell of a spooky place to kip. I would be shitting mesel!

Far too many bishops over all - we seem to have dozens when the number of attendees is falling like a stone

Maybe privatise them..................

177500[/snapback]

He is fasting for a week though. I can't decide whether it's a stupid empty gesture or a suitable way of highlighting the plight of other though to tell the truth.

177500[/snapback]

He is fasting for a week though. I can't decide whether it's a stupid empty gesture or a suitable way of highlighting the plight of other though to tell the truth.

177696[/snapback]

But he's doing this stunt to bring awareness of the problems out 'there' (that's the middle east, not yorkshire - though I'm sure Yorkshire does have substantial problemsl like!).

Surely everyone knows what is going on out 'there' without this dimwitted approach to hi-light it????

Ok.

He's camping out inside the church. This is hardly a HenryII-type of demonstration is it?

As I understand it, he's not making a protest, he's making awareness of what is going on in the middle east. Surely every man and his dog is aware of what is going on out there? If we are aware, why is he trying to 'make us aware'? As I said, it's not a protest.

Ok.

He's camping out inside the church. This is hardly a HenryII-type of demonstration is it?

As I understand it, he's not making a protest, he's making awareness of what is going on in the middle east. Surely every man and his dog is aware of what is going on out there? If we are aware, why is he trying to 'make us aware'? As I said, it's not a protest.

177762[/snapback]

I think fasting for a week is quite a test of endurance as opposed to the camping bit you mention. As I've said, I'm undecided about it but I think he is probably trying to raise awareness whilst making a protest too, i.e. I imagine he is against the war.

Ok.

177762[/snapback]

I think fasting for a week is quite a test of endurance as opposed to the camping bit you mention. As I've said, I'm undecided about it but I think he is probably trying to raise awareness whilst making a protest too, i.e. I imagine he is against the war.

177772[/snapback]

That's my point Alex! As I understand it he is not protesting. If he was protesting about UK foreign policy or Israeli attacks on Lebanon then fair enough, but it's just to make us aware.

Also, the fasting was an afterthought.

Ok.

177762[/snapback]

177772[/snapback]

That's my point Alex! As I understand it he is not protesting. If he was protesting about UK foreign policy or Israeli attacks on Lebanon then fair enough, but it's just to make us aware.

Also, the fasting was an afterthought.

177778[/snapback]

Do you reckon he was just going to lie in a tent for a week before someone pointed out that was shit as he was just going on like a low budget holidaymaker so he added the fasting bit on? :D

Black man's Graham Norton tbh.

177838[/snapback]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4102960.stm

Brief bio there. Camping issues aside, seems like he's led quite a life and has a fair bit about him! Canny bloke. Dunno about the claims he was a high court judge at 25 though? Reckon you could drive a coach and horses through that story (not to mention his teeth)

177838[/snapback]

Brief bio there. Camping issues aside, seems like he's led quite a life and has a fair bit about him! Canny bloke. Dunno about the claims he was a high court judge at 25 though? Reckon you could drive a coach and horses through that story (not to mention his teeth)

177877[/snapback]

Reckons he's 56 but is actually 63 :D

177838[/snapback]

177877[/snapback]

Reckons he's 56 but is actually 63 ;)

177881[/snapback]

Roger Milla tbf

177838[/snapback]

177877[/snapback]

Reckons he's 56 but is actually 63 ;)

177881[/snapback]

Roger Milla tbf

177896[/snapback]

Obawhatshisname Martins tbh