Start menu and taskbar

peasepud

I seem to have major problems with me laptop (maybe taking it in with me for a dump wasnt a good idea!)

Its running reaaaaaaaly slow and the Start menu and taskbar stop responding, Its as if theyre just an image, even the clock has stopped. :D

Tried rebooting numerous times, checked MSCONFIG and shut off miscellaneous items in Startup but no joy. It was fine yesterday but since I defragged it last night its been nowt but bother ;) My clock currently shows 23:51 and has done for the last ten minutes or so.

nowt odd running in the background?

177662[/snapback]

MSCONFIG should have turned anything like that up.

Does the problem improve if you leave it off for a couple of hours? Does the fan sound like it's working overtime?

nowt odd running in the background?

177662[/snapback]

MSCONFIG should have turned anything like that up.

Does the problem improve if you leave it off for a couple of hours? Does the fan sound like it's working overtime?

177807[/snapback]

In reply to all three of those,

Nothing appears that I can see, what I did seem to have is a shitload of svchost.exe running, maybe about 10 or so even though I only had one occurence of Firefox going. It must be a virus although the softwares not picking it up, I now have the sam problem on the main PC but on there its identifying a trojan and deleting but it just keeps reappearing.