Working Mens Clerbs

sweetleftpeg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad used to take me to the North Biddick WMC when I was about 16. I don't remember there being a 'no women' rule in the bar as that's where we always sat, although looking back I don't recall there being any other lasses in there . I do remember that there was a big sign up saying women weren't allowed to play snooker though which I found pretty unfair. There were definitely no airs and graces and the place was always thick with smoke but the beer was cheap and it's where I learned to play pool. They had cracking Christmas parties for the kids an'all.

Paul McCartney and Heather Mills popped in for a pint a couple of years ago too iirc..

Along the same lines, Anyone been to the irish club at the end of stowell street. I use to go out with an irish lass at uni here and she took me along one night. Pretty entertaining, especially when the irish band got up and started belting out allt he songs off me pogues greatest hits album!

177773[/snapback]

Many a time. Good craic.

My dad used to take me to the North Biddick WMC when I was about 16.  I don't remember there being a 'no women' rule in the bar as that's where we always sat, although looking back I don't recall there being any other lasses in there .  I do remember that there was a big sign up saying women weren't allowed to play snooker though which I found pretty unfair.  There were definitely no airs and graces and the place was always thick with smoke but the beer was cheap and it's where I learned to play pool.  They had cracking Christmas parties for the kids an'all.

Paul McCartney and Heather Mills popped in for a pint a couple of years ago too iirc..

177781[/snapback]

Did the sign say women weren't allowed to play snooker, or women can't play snooker. One is unfair, the other is a fact. :D

177781[/snapback]

I remember that, she was legless.

177784[/snapback]

:D

My dad used to take me to the North Biddick WMC when I was about 16.  I don't remember there being a 'no women' rule in the bar as that's where we always sat, although looking back I don't recall there being any other lasses in there .  I do remember that there was a big sign up saying women weren't allowed to play snooker though which I found pretty unfair.  There were definitely no airs and graces and the place was always thick with smoke but the beer was cheap and it's where I learned to play pool.  They had cracking Christmas parties for the kids an'all.

177781[/snapback]

Did the sign say women weren't allowed to play snooker, or women can't play snooker. One is unfair, the other is a fact. ;)

177788[/snapback]

Haw haw haw!!! ;)

;)

I think it said "No women allowed on the snooker tables" which can be interpreted in any way you wish.... :D

177781[/snapback]

I remember that, she was legless.

177784[/snapback]

:D

177789[/snapback]

I'm the Turn this Saturday.

'During the war I fought and fought and fought.....but I still had to gan.'

the Sluice WMC still has a sign on it's wall "Best North East Club 2000" or something like that.

decent pool tables, cheap (but shit) lager and full of the people I want to avoid tbh.

scummers that I went to school with, old perverts who you see leering at the one barmaid as if she's Eva Longhera, more like Ava Gardner tbh.

as in, if you laid em side by side, it'd be hard to tell them apart.

I'm saying she's fucking hideous.

like worryingly rank.

don't like the place

I got her last name wrong, but I meant that bird off Desperate Housewives who is in the new Christian Bale Movie "Harsh Times" which looks good

Eva-Longoria-6-16x12.jpg

I got her last name wrong, but I meant that bird off Desperate Housewives who is in the new Christian Bale Movie "Harsh Times" which looks good

177925[/snapback]

Ah reet.

Edited by alex

Ive been to a few. Most of them aer allright, some are shit.

There good places to have band practice becaus ethey have massive halls that they just ley you use and you can practice on the stage the sound projects better and is therefore easier to mix.

You do get some knobheads who make people feel unwelcome.

The worst one ive ever been in is in York - at un.

Fucking psycho's.

We played bingo for a laugh - we went into see my mate who was working there - were not sad cunts.

We started pissing ourselves luaghing at the stupidity of it and this bloke got up and full on went mental.

and then you allways get your strange sights..

some bloke came in for his birthday with a massive spread on and more fucking tin foil surrounding it then you can imagine - he was a mute or somethng and like there was two people there..

My lasses Dad is in a band and plays mostly in WMCs. I went to see him play at the Top Club (Cath will probably know where it is) and i've never seen so many rough fuckers in my life. I'd hazard a guess that the Osmond family had more teeth than all of the people in there added together.

some bloke came in for his birthday with a massive spread on and more fucking tin foil surrounding it then you can imagine - he was a mute or somethng and like there was two people there..

177941[/snapback]

Can anyone remember The Amazing Mute on the SMB? :D

Had a class avatar of a bloke with his mouth bound and would reply in perfectly serious threads just going "Mmmmf fmmmmf mmmmmfffffff". ;)

177941[/snapback]

Can anyone remember The Amazing Mute on the SMB? :D

Had a class avatar of a bloke with his mouth bound and would reply in perfectly serious threads just going "Mmmmf fmmmmf mmmmmfffffff". ;)

177945[/snapback]

;););)

My lasses Dad is in a band and plays mostly in WMCs. I went to see him play at the Top Club (Cath will probably know where it is) and i've never seen so many rough fuckers in my life. I'd hazard a guess that the Osmond family had more teeth than all of the people in there added together.

177944[/snapback]

The Top Club is probably the classiest WMC I've seen.

177944[/snapback]

177972[/snapback]

we are obviously not talking about the Top Club in Throckley then............

There was one over Bedlington/Ashington way in a converted country house - did archery, golf 'naalll - a mate of mine was a member but I don't know if its till there

177944[/snapback]

177972[/snapback]

There was one over Bedlington/Ashington way in a converted country house - did archery, golf 'naalll - a mate of mine was a member but I don't know if its till there

178037[/snapback]

Naa I'm talking South Sheels.

Proper classy:

2 pool cue's (one with a nib).

A bronze bin with black flowers painted on under almost every table so that when the mountain of ash in your ashtray is too high you can dispose of it without waiting for a potlad.

A Bronze sign outside with ALL the letters remaining in tact.

A pickled egg jar within it's sell by date.

Posh as anything.

177944[/snapback]

177972[/snapback]

178037[/snapback]

Naa I'm talking South Sheels.

Proper classy:

2 pool cue's (one with a nib).

A bronze bin with black flowers painted on under almost every table so that when the mountain of ash in your ashtray is too high you can dispose of it without waiting for a potlad.

A Bronze sign outside with ALL the letters remaining in tact.

A pickled egg jar within it's sell by date.

Posh as anything.

178060[/snapback]

I'm talking Usworth