Plan C? Or is it D?

Gemmill

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously (and soz Cath) but who the cunting fuck are we going to get now? I'm beginning to think it's no one and we're too skint to make any 'proper' bids.

HTT has just creamed his pants.

177792[/snapback]

Oh Christ, is this someone HTT likes to write pages of footballing cliches about. "Good touch, fantastic engine, natural born finisher, range of passing, great feet, aerial ability yadda yadda yadda, Hughie Gallagher". I look forward to that one. :D

005 - 2006 35 11 Fulham 

2004 - 2005 27 4 Fulham 

2003 - 2004 8 4 Fulham 

2003 - 2004 18 9 FC Twente 

2002 - 2003 16 2 FC Twente

That is his goal record for anyone who is intrested.

177792[/snapback]

Oh Christ, is this someone HTT likes to write pages of footballing cliches about. "Good touch, fantastic engine, natural born finisher, range of passing, great feet, aerial ability yadda yadda yadda, Hughie Gallagher". I look forward to that one. :D

177801[/snapback]

He was right about Boumsong being class tbf.

Seriously (and soz Cath) but who the cunting fuck are we going to get now? I'm beginning to think it's no one and we're too skint to make any 'proper' bids.

177796[/snapback]

Why spend 5 million on Duff then? I'm getting a little worried by Freddie's 'fly by the seat of your pants' negotiation and think he may have had a bad pastie, but we must have cash to spend.

Roeder also seems like a man of principle (a few too many, if anything) so if he says he thinks we'll have 3 players in, then I believe that at least he believes we will.

I still think there'll be another 15m spent before the window shuts.

177796[/snapback]

Why spend 5 million on Duff then? I'm getting a little worried by Freddie's 'fly by the seat of your pants' negotiation and think he may have had a bad pastie, but we must have cash to spend.

Roeder also seems like a man of principle (a few too many, if anything) so if he says he thinks we'll have 3 players in, then I believe that at least he believes we will.

I still think there'll be another 15m spent before the window shuts.

177816[/snapback]

Hope you're right mate.

Dotbum, have you just changed the B of Bum to a capital or has it always been that way?

Anyway, surely your faith in Roeder must be on the wane now. We're now onto at least the third of fourth list of players he was after. Maybe if we'd pulled our finger out when Defoe first got sent home by Sven........

Dotbum, have you just changed the B of Bum to a capital or has it always been that way?

Anyway, surely your faith in Roeder must be on the wane now.  We're now onto at least the third of fourth list of players he was after.  Maybe if we'd pulled our finger out when Defoe first got sent home by Sven........

177835[/snapback]

It's always been like that, I'd have to be fairly bored to PM an admin to have that changed... "Do you like the my username? Yeah, I've just had it done. Mmmmm."

Is he really on his 3rd/4th list? Kuijt would appear to still be on it, as he was before the World Cup, and I don't know who else was on it. Maybe Martins only became a realistic prospect when he wanted out, or it moved him up the list. Spurs were after crazy money for Defoe, if reports are to be believed, so I can't really blame Roeder for that. All this farting about has a lot more to do with Shepherd than Roeder, and I think he's going to take it right to the wire, again.

Anyway, the Keegan years are over, this is as exciting as our season gets, so we'd better enjoy it while it lasts. FACT! :D

Thing is, everyone knows we're desperate for a centre forward, so everyone is going to overprice anyone we come in for. We're not going to get a decent bargain centre forward, so we're going to have to pay big money I'm afraid or be stuck with what we've got.

177792[/snapback]

Oh Christ, is this someone HTT likes to write pages of footballing cliches about. "Good touch, fantastic engine, natural born finisher, range of passing, great feet, aerial ability yadda yadda yadda, Hughie Gallagher". I look forward to that one. ;)

177801[/snapback]

Fair play to HTT for this

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/....html#msg512952

and proof positive that he browses Toontastic first for a bit of decent football craic before he goes on N-O. :D

Thing is, everyone knows we're desperate for a centre forward, so everyone is going to overprice anyone we come in for. We're not going to get a decent bargain centre forward, so we're going to have to pay big money I'm afraid or be stuck with what we've got.

177861[/snapback]

That does work 2 ways, though. If we're bidding, then that players available, at a price, and if we go elsewhere, they end up with a potentially unhappy striker. They don't have the only striker (we do, Shola).

Gemmill, weren't you insanely optimistic under Souness? Why the sudden reversal? Probably Souness, scarred me for fucking life!

Kuijt would appear to still be on it, as he was before the World Cup

177855[/snapback]

Exactly the problem, we're still after the same player we knew about at least 3 months ago if not well before then. The club have had ample opportunity to watch him but instead chose to do it just a few weeks before the transfer window closes. Fucking mockery.

Exactly the problem, we're still after the same player we knew about at least 3 months ago if not well before then. The club have had ample opportunity to watch him but instead chose to do it just a few weeks before the transfer window closes. Fucking mockery.

177869[/snapback]

Aye, but you think that about everything, which kind of weakens the impact. ;):D

Gemmill, weren't you insanely optimistic under Souness?  Why the sudden reversal?  Probably Souness, scarred me for fucking life!

177867[/snapback]

Got my fingers burnt. :D Plus I just think we're incapable as a club of handling the whole concept of transfer windows. Until we work out how they work and how the different stages affect player's values etc., we'll repeat these mistakes again and again. You get in early, get what you want, and then you add finishing touches if someone becomes available. You do NOT do all your business in the last two weeks.