Kuyt flyer

Scottish Mag

Glenn Roeder will have another look at Feyenoord's Dirk Kuyt as the Newcastle United manager continues his never-ending search to bring a new striker to St James' Park.

Roeder will travel to Dublin tomorrow night, and he is hoping that Kuyt will be in the Dutch side that goes in against a Republic of Ireland team which will include his own Stephen Carr and Damien Duff, and possibly Alan O'Brien, at Lansdowne Road.

However, Roeder seems to have gone cool on Inter Milan striker Obafemi Martins after The Chronicle revealed last night that United were concerned about the real age of the Nigerian international.

And Roeder says that a report today linking United with a £6m move for Wigan Athletic striker Henri Camara is news to him and is simply not correct.

Roeder and his No 2 Kevin Bond were at Wigan on Saturday for the friendly with Vitesse, but this was not to look at Camara but to run the rule over Paul Jewell's side for Saturday's opener at St James'.

Obviously, if United do sign a new striker this week it may be too late for him to play Camara and Wigan at the weekend.

But there could be one departure before then, and I hear that there is a "good chance" that central defender Jean Alain Boumsong will go back to France on loan with Bordeaux in the next couple of days, and possibly before tonight's deadline for registering players for the next stages of the Champions League.

The Chronicle first revealed United's interest in Kuyt (left) back in April, and while the player has more than once indicated he would be willing to come to St James' Park, Feyenoord are in no hurry to sell him - especially after they picked up around £8m from Chelsea a couple of months ago for their young striker Salomon Kalou.

Feyenoord are holding out for a similar fee for Kuyt, but United are obviously hoping to get him a bit cheaper if they decide to make him an offer.

While Roeder and United step up their search for a striker, they have not lost interest in midfielder Thomas Gravesen, and chief scout David Mills will watch him play for Denmark against Poland tomorrow night.

But United know that other clubs are sniffing for the tough-tackling midfielder, and if they have to pay a price for putting Gravesen on the back burner because their priorities are up front, then so be it.

The same applies to England left-back Wayne Bridge, but I believe that if and when Ashley Cole finally moves across London from Arsenal to Chelsea then Bridge will be on his way to St James' Park.

Roeder has allowed United's promising young defender Paul Huntington to go to Plymouth Argyle for a week's experience and he will play for their reserves tomorrow night.

And we're still scouting Kuyt......

177951[/snapback]

You sound like LeazesMag. Change the record man. :D

177952[/snapback]

Do you think we should still be scouting Kuyt now? A yes or no answer will do. No doubt you won't answer the question!

It's getting fucking stupid now.  What more do they expect to find out about Kuyt. 

Either bid for him or say we're not interested but this constant watching him in friendlies is pissing me right off.

177955[/snapback]

General line is that we have to be "sure". :D

177951[/snapback]

You sound like LeazesMag. Change the record man. ;)

177952[/snapback]

Do you think we should still be scouting Kuyt now? A yes or no answer will do. No doubt you won't answer the question!

177959[/snapback]

I would personally want to see him in a few more friendlies tbh. :D

177951[/snapback]

You sound like LeazesMag. Change the record man. ;)

177952[/snapback]

177959[/snapback]

I would personally want to see him in a few more friendlies tbh. :D

177962[/snapback]

When you've answered my questions, maybe I'll answer yours. And don't talk to me about Renton's medical qualifications.

So Mr.Kuyt what is your favourite cereal...

'Can i sign now'....

It'l be like the Nationwide advert

'it doesnt work like that Dirk'

'How does it work fat fred'

'Not like that'...

When you've answered my questions, maybe I'll answer yours.  And don't talk to me about Renton's medical qualifications.

177965[/snapback]

I dont seem to remember asking you any questions? :D;)

177970[/snapback]

See? THAT is what sounding like Leazes Mag sounds like. Now don't accuse me of that again. ;);)

Guest Patrokles
However, Roeder seems to have gone cool on Inter Milan striker Obafemi Martins after The Chronicle revealed last night that United were concerned about the real age of the Nigerian international.

That's right, Alan. You single-handedly saved the club from another foreigner. Gold star.

When you've answered my questions, maybe I'll answer yours.  And don't talk to me about Renton's medical qualifications.

177965[/snapback]

I dont seem to remember asking you any questions? ;);)

177970[/snapback]

See? THAT is what sounding like Leazes Mag sounds like. Now don't accuse me of that again. ;);)

177974[/snapback]

:D

In all seriousness. I'm not sure what is going on but I have faith we will have someone in before the deadline.

That's right, Alan. You single-handedly saved the club from another foreigner. Gold star.

177975[/snapback]

We baulked at the price and Freddy asked Oliver to give him a good face-saving excuse in the form of that story. PLAUSIBLE CONSPIRACY.

Guest Patrokles

177975[/snapback]

We baulked at the price and Freddy asked Oliver to give him a good face-saving excuse in the form of that story. PLAUSIBLE CONSPIRACY.

177979[/snapback]

It's just the way that Oliver takes credit for the entire thing that tickles me.

I've figured it out! :razz:

NUFC will buy Kuit on Thursday or Friday.

The only stumbling block was the absolute fear that they would have bought him, only for him to get a serious injury in this meaningless friendly tomorrow.

So, if Kjuuit comes through unscathed, NUFC will buy him

There you go; just clever thinking by Portly Freddie.

Now, where's that Vera Lynn?? :razz::lol:

george michael does have a point but i'm worried now that our top 4 targets (which surely we could have sealed by now) will be snatched by the recently loaded MON for villa :lol:

177980[/snapback]

I don't think they'll have the money before the transfer windows closes. Apparently the other bidders have 3 weeks to launch another bid which would take them into September.

george michael does have a point but i'm worried now that our top 4 targets (which surely we could have sealed by now) will be snatched by the recently loaded MON for villa :lol:

177980[/snapback]

O'neils targets must be either irish and played for them or x-celtic, leicester players.

177980[/snapback]

O'neils targets must be either irish and played for them or x-celtic, leicester players.

178102[/snapback]

Petrov and do you think he could change larrsons mind about playing for his home town club?

I really don't know if this has been posted before but someone hoyed it on another board I visit.

Feyenoord striker Dirk Kuyt has delivered a snub to Liverpool, declaring he’d prefer a move to Newcastle United.

“I know quite a bit about Newcastle, they’re one of the best supported teams in the Premier League and a typical English club,” Kuyt is quoted as saying.

“I would consider a move to Liverpool - they’re likely to progress to the Champions League group stages. I would love to play in that competition but my first choice is Newcastle.”

And the Dutchman suggested the adoration he would receive at St James’s Park had tilted him in that direction.

“I’ve always wanted to be a hero,” he admitted.

“I know Feyenoord are asking a massive fee and I don’t know if Newcastle are willing to match that.”

Sorry but I don't know where it was taken from.

Guest Patrokles
I really don't know if this has been posted before but someone hoyed it on another board I visit.

Feyenoord striker Dirk Kuyt has delivered a snub to Liverpool, declaring he’d prefer a move to Newcastle United.

“I know quite a bit about Newcastle, they’re one of the best supported teams in the Premier League and a typical English club,” Kuyt is quoted as saying.

“I would consider a move to Liverpool - they’re likely to progress to the Champions League group stages. I would love to play in that competition but my first choice is Newcastle.”

And the Dutchman suggested the adoration he would receive at St James’s Park had tilted him in that direction.

“I know Feyenoord are asking a massive fee and I don’t know if Newcastle are willing to match that.”

178163[/snapback]

It's a pisstake.

178163[/snapback]

It's a pisstake.

178169[/snapback]

Bit like yer ma'