Thai 0 cruise

Iraqi 0 cruise

1987 Korean 115 cruise - insurance job

1991 Aeroflot 0 cruise

1994 Phillipine 1 cruise

1997 TAM 1 climb

2004 Volga 44 cruise

Sibir 44 cruise

sooooooo - 12 incidents, 220 people killed - no-one on a majot western carrier since 1986, and except for the chechen bombers in 2004 none anywhere else

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This weeks "Flight" has a list of bombs in plane cabins 1980 - 2006

1981    Aeronica  0 killed on ground

1982    pan Am    1              cruise

1986    TWA        4              descent

Air Lanka 14              ground

Thai        0              cruise

Iraqi        0                cruise

1987    Korean  115            cruise - insurance job

1991    Aeroflot    0                cruise

1994    Phillipine  1                cruise

1997    TAM          1              climb

2004    Volga      44              cruise

Sibir          44              cruise

sooooooo -  12 incidents, 220 people killed - no-one on a majot western carrier since 1986, and except for the chechen bombers in 2004 none anywhere else

178116[/snapback]

Wish you lot would fuck of with the bomb in plane threat, I fly on Thursday. :lol:

Anyway, I now it was not bombs but 9/11 maybe should be considered when estimating the damages these Looneys have done.

I don't think the alleged bombs would have taken the plane down personally. And after the first one was detonated, you can bet none of the others would have been.

Still that's what terrorism is about, disproportionate fear of death, used by terrorists and governments alike, and creating maximum chaos in the process.

I don't think the alleged bombs would have taken the plane down personally. And after the first one was detonated, you can bet none of the others would have been.

Still that's what terrorism is about, disproportionate fear of death, used by terrorists and governments alike, and creating maximum chaos in the process.

178124[/snapback]

Not really what happened with 9/11 though?

178124[/snapback]

178127[/snapback]

9/11 took the US by surprise with its pants down though. It's hard to assemble a bomb on a plane without the element of surprise.

I think there was a plot but it has been exaggerated and would have been difficult to pull off. We'll have to wait and see, obviously.

I made the same point as Jimbo over on N-O when Rob posted it there. Also, I love the way he thinks he knows whats going on and what the current threat is on the basis of reading some stats in 'Flight' magazine or whatever the fuck it is :lol:

I made the same point as Jimbo over on N-O when Rob posted it there. Also, I love the way he thinks he knows whats going on and what the current threat is on the basis of reading some stats in 'Flight' magazine or whatever the fuck it is :lol:

178131[/snapback]

pcp_fc_008_200.jpg

tbh

Rob spouts a lot of shite but even a stopped clock is right twice a day. :lol:

178138[/snapback]

Monty you terrible c......

178124[/snapback]

178127[/snapback]

9/11 took the US by surprise with its pants down though. It's hard to assemble a bomb on a plane without the element of surprise.

I think there was a plot but it has been exaggerated and would have been difficult to pull off. We'll have to wait and see, obviously.

178130[/snapback]

The bombs were already assembled tbh, just needed detonation using a disposable camera flash

using that same logic Ive managed to find this from the Japanese archives.

Emperor, we've had word the Americans have atom bombs,

Okaaaay, do me a study to see how many people killed so far

right we've got it here

1939 - 0 killed

1940 - 0 killed

1941 - 0 killed

1942 - 1 bloke working on the project slipped on a stray molecule and died.

1943 - 0 killed

1944 - a herd of wildebeest and 3 blokes out camping in Nevada died in a test

So thats 4 blokes and some livestock then? Ahhhh stupid American pigs, no threat there then.

Guest Patrokles
Rob spouts a lot of shite but even a stopped clock is right twice a day. :lol:

178138[/snapback]

Bloody hell. Withnail & I is Snakes on a Plane for student parties when it comes to bloody quoting.

178131[/snapback]

"Flight" has been the weekly journal of the aviation community in the UK since 1905

they publish a six monthly accident analysis that is considered to be totally authoritative by IATA, the CAA, the airlines and Govts.

anyone with half a brain might think they knew what they are talking about............

using that same logic Ive managed to find this from the Japanese archives.

Emperor, we've had word the Americans have atom bombs,

Okaaaay, do me a study to see how many people killed so far

right we've got it here

1939 - 0 killed

1940 - 0 killed

1941 - 0 killed

1942 - 1 bloke working on the project slipped on a stray molecule and died.

1943 - 0 killed

1944 - a herd of wildebeest and 3 blokes out camping in Nevada died in a test

So thats 4 blokes and some livestock then? Ahhhh stupid American pigs, no threat there then.

178164[/snapback]

proved my point - no-one killed since August 1945....................

178131[/snapback]

"Flight" has been the weekly journal of the aviation community in the UK since 1905

they publish a six monthly accident analysis that is considered to be totally authoritative by IATA, the CAA, the airlines and Govts.

anyone with half a brain might think they knew what they are talking about............

178209[/snapback]

Anyone without their head up their arse (so that's you out obviously) would be able to see that I meant stats re: bombs on planes in the past prove nothing about the current threat. And how great that threat is is, frankly, something neither of us know anything about. Although I'm not pretending I do :razz:

Edited by alex

Flew to Hamburg on Friday morning and back again on Monday night and didn't get delayed or blown up or ANYTHING. I reckon it's just a giant conspiracy to sell more Boots Meal Deals airside.

Boy boards plane without tickets

An investigation is under way into how a 12-year-old boy managed to board a plane at Gatwick without tickets during the security alert.

The boy, reported to be from Penrith in Cumbria, but thought to have run away from a care home in Birkenhead, Merseyside, was heading to Lisbon.

He was discovered on Monday's 0600 BST Monarch flight before it took off.

Security officers and Sussex Police were informed after cabin crew found the boy on the plane.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/4796199.stm

Flew to Hamburg on Friday morning and back again on Monday night and didn't get ........ blown .. or ANYTHING.

178595[/snapback]

Bad luck. Not even on the Gatwick express?

178601[/snapback]

If you were there, you weren't wearing a pink handkerchief in your breast pocket like we discussed. Heartbroken tbh. :lol: