Bombs on planes - overrated threat?

Rob W

Boy boards plane without tickets

An investigation is under way into how a 12-year-old boy managed to board a plane at Gatwick without tickets during the security alert.

The boy, reported to be from Penrith in Cumbria, but thought to have run away from a care home in Birkenhead, Merseyside, was heading to Lisbon.

He was discovered on Monday's 0600 BST Monarch flight before it took off.

Security officers and Sussex Police were informed after cabin crew found the boy on the plane.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/4796199.stm

178606[/snapback]

That boy sounds ambitious. :lol:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No one on here has any idea how great the threat was tbh.

178142[/snapback]

Halex, you can use this argument for perhaps every debate on here. Get off yer high horse. :razz:

178666[/snapback]

Meanwhile you and Rob project the myth you know exactly what's going on :lol:

178142[/snapback]

Halex, you can use this argument for perhaps every debate on here. Get off yer high horse. :razz:

178666[/snapback]

178672[/snapback]

The thing is clearly there is a threat, no one is denying that and I know enough about Mi5 to state without hesitation they are about the best there is. What pisses me off is the hulabaloo that surrounds these situations and the hysteria whipped up by the media and people starting to believe all sorts of nonsense which Bliar and his gang pounce on to make political capital or use as distractions to the real issues at hand which get buried. Zat is all mein freund. "One day a great rain will come and wash......." :razz:

I made the same point as Jimbo over on N-O when Rob posted it there. Also, I love the way he thinks he knows whats going on and what the current threat is on the basis of reading some stats in 'Flight' magazine or whatever the fuck it is :lol:

178131[/snapback]

"Flight" has been the weekly journal of the aviation community in the UK since 1905

they publish a six monthly accident analysis that is considered to be totally authoritative by IATA, the CAA, the airlines and Govts.

anyone with half a brain might think they knew what they are talking about............

178209[/snapback]

Anyone without their head up their arse (so that's you out obviously) would be able to see that I meant stats re: bombs on planes in the past prove nothing about the current threat. And how great that threat is is, frankly, something neither of us know anything about. Although I'm not pretending I do :razz:

178217[/snapback]

This is true. Stats from the past I'd say have not so much on the recent developments and threat which tbh has yet to be properly quantifyied.

The thing is clearly there is a threat, no one is denying that and I know enough about Mi5 to state without hesitation they are about the best there is. What pisses me off is the hulabaloo that surrounds these situations and the hysteria whipped up by the media and people starting to believe all sorts of nonsense which Bliar and his gang pounce on to make political capital or use as distractions to the real issues at hand which get buried. Zat is all mein freund. "One day a great rain will come and wash......." :lol:

178676[/snapback]

Aye I used to enjoy watchin Spooks n'all.

I made the same point as Jimbo over on N-O when Rob posted it there. Also, I love the way he thinks he knows whats going on and what the current threat is on the basis of reading some stats in 'Flight' magazine or whatever the fuck it is :lol:

178131[/snapback]

"Flight" has been the weekly journal of the aviation community in the UK since 1905

they publish a six monthly accident analysis that is considered to be totally authoritative by IATA, the CAA, the airlines and Govts.

anyone with half a brain might think they knew what they are talking about............

178209[/snapback]

Anyone without their head up their arse (so that's you out obviously) would be able to see that I meant stats re: bombs on planes in the past prove nothing about the current threat. And how great that threat is is, frankly, something neither of us know anything about. Although I'm not pretending I do :razz:

178217[/snapback]

This is true. Stats from the past I'd say have not so much on the recent developments and threat which tbh has yet to be properly quantifyied.

178681[/snapback]

Especially stats which conveniently exclude certain types of bombs i.e. ones smuggled through cargo on planes and miss off terrorist attacks like the Lockerbie one.

The thing is clearly there is a threat, no one is denying that and I know enough about Mi5 to state without hesitation they are about the best there is. What pisses me off is the hulabaloo that surrounds these situations and the hysteria whipped up by the media and people starting to believe all sorts of nonsense which Bliar and his gang pounce on to make political capital or use as distractions to the real issues at hand which get buried. Zat is all mein freund. "One day a great rain will come and wash......." :lol:

178676[/snapback]

There's a contradiction there, somewhere.

as stated on the other board the issue of the moment is NOT bombs in the hold but bombs in the cabin - remember?

Thus "Flight" published the stats for bombs in the cabin and only referred to a summary of bombs in the hold as its not the issue today. They have published full stats in the past and they publish a FULL breakdown of every commercial aircraft accident and incident worldwide every 6 months

Get a grip man!

178142[/snapback]

178666[/snapback]

178672[/snapback]

The thing is clearly there is a threat, no one is denying that and I know enough about Mi5 to state without hesitation they are about the best there is. What pisses me off is the hulabaloo that surrounds these situations and the hysteria whipped up by the media and people starting to believe all sorts of nonsense which Bliar and his gang pounce on to make political capital or use as distractions to the real issues at hand which get buried. Zat is all mein freund. "One day a great rain will come and wash......." :razz:

178676[/snapback]

Are you having a laugh?

If you have any nexus with MI5 whatsoever then theres no way you'd come out with a statement like that. Alternatively, if you dont have any nexus with MI5 then you'd have no idea what their intelligence was.

178676[/snapback]

Aye I used to enjoy watchin Spooks n'all.

178686[/snapback]

My mates mum worked for them (Mi6) in Pakistan, Latvia and some other places....I got some stories third hand. :lol::razz:

Edited by Parky

178142[/snapback]

Halex, you can use this argument for perhaps every debate on here. Get off yer high horse. :huff:

178666[/snapback]

Meanwhile you and Rob project the myth you know exactly what's going on :razz:

178672[/snapback]

178676[/snapback]

Are you having a laugh?

If you have any nexus with MI5 whatsoever then theres no way you'd come out with a statement like that. Alternatively, if you dont have any nexus with MI5 then you'd have no idea what their intelligence was.

178693[/snapback]

What's a Nexus like? :lol:

as stated on the other board the issue of the moment is NOT bombs in the hold but bombs in the cabin - remember?

Thus "Flight" published the stats for bombs in the cabin and only referred to a summary of bombs in the hold as its not the issue today.  They have published full stats in the past and they publish a FULL breakdown of every commercial aircraft accident and incident worldwide every 6 months

Get a grip man!

178692[/snapback]

But you were playing down the risk. I knew you'd make this argument tbh. I'll ask you again then, if previous stats provide an indicartion of future risks in this regard - How many commercial passenger planes full of people were flown into buildings full of people with devastating effects prior to 9/11?

My mates mum worked for them (Mi6) in Pakistan, Latvia and some other places....I got some stories third hand. :lol:  :razz:

178694[/snapback]

If that's true you're a fucking idiot, if that's not true...you're a fucking idiot! :razz:

Thus "Flight" published the stats for bombs in the cabin and only referred to a summary of bombs in the hold as its not the issue today.  They have published full stats in the past and they publish a FULL breakdown of every commercial aircraft accident and incident worldwide every 6 months

Get a grip man!

178692[/snapback]

But you were playing down the risk. I knew you'd make this argument tbh. I'll ask you again then, if previous stats provide an indicartion of future risks in this regard - How many commercial passenger planes full of people were flown into buildings full of people with devastating effects prior to 9/11?

178699[/snapback]

Although Rob has a point as the past is often used as an indicator. I am leaning toward Alex in the sense that we are dealing with somewhat of a new reality.

My mates mum worked for them (Mi6) in Pakistan, Latvia and some other places....I got some stories third hand. :lol:  :razz:

178694[/snapback]

If that's true you're a fucking idiot, if that's not true...you're a fucking idiot! :huff:

178705[/snapback]

It is no secret that Pakistan is up the arse with Mi6 tbh. But most of the hotels are booked out with Cia... :razz: