Just Wondered

LeazesMag

what the appeasers among you lot thought of this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...e&icc=NEWS&ct=5

178302[/snapback]

GREAT IDEA!!!

When I was in Indonesia the Govt decided to do just that - in addition to Independence Day and New Years Day (secular), the main Moslem hols

Muslim New Year, Prophets birthday, Idul Fitri (end of Ramadan), Idul Adha -Sacrifice, Ascension of the Prophet) and the Christian hols ( Christmas, Good Friday & Ascension Day) they decided to throw in Chinese New Year, Nyepi (Hindu New Year) & Waisak Day (Buddha’s Birthday)

Everyone loved it!! All them holidays! and I never saw anyone NOT take a holiday on religous grounds. And Christmas is a frightening display of consumerism in the worlds biggest Moslem country-

The more the merrier IMHO

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what the appeasers among you lot thought of this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...e&icc=NEWS&ct=5

178302[/snapback]

GREAT IDEA!!!

When I was in Indonesia the Govt decided to do just that - in addition to Independence Day and New Years Day (secular), the main Moslem hols

Muslim New Year, Prophets birthday, Idul Fitri (end of Ramadan), Idul Adha -Sacrifice, Ascension of the Prophet) and the Christian hols ( Christmas, Good Friday & Ascension Day) they decided to throw in Chinese New Year, Nyepi (Hindu New Year) & Waisak Day (Buddha’s Birthday)

Everyone loved it!! All them holidays! and I never saw anyone NOT take a holiday on religous grounds. And Christmas is a frightening display of consumerism in the worlds biggest Moslem country-

The more the merrier IMHO

178784[/snapback]

Except they aren't additional holidays, they're holidays for followers of Islam. According to the article, that is.

Just have floating bank holidays that people can take when they want. That's what they do in the US - I had 8 fixed bank holidays and two floaters which I could take whenever. It allows the people of different religions to take theirs to observe their own bank holidays.

Just have floating bank holidays that people can take when they want.  That's what they do in the US - I had 8 fixed bank holidays and two floaters which I could take whenever.  It allows the people of different religions to take theirs to observe their own bank holidays.

178823[/snapback]

Nobody wants to hear about your floaters gemmill. :lol:

divvent get your knickers in a twist bonnie lad, its only a link, I didn't say I BUY the damn thing ....

178438[/snapback]

still reading their stories tbh

178448[/snapback]

you read on the bog with your knickers in a twist <_<

Edited by LeazesMag

I disagree with it.

All good in a muslim country, public holidays and Sharia law has no place here in my opinion.

It mad as a box of frogs.

178817[/snapback]

of course. Someone gets it right .......

divvent get your knickers in a twist bonnie lad, its only a link, I didn't say I BUY the damn thing ....

178438[/snapback]

still reading their stories tbh

178448[/snapback]

you read on the bog with your knickers in a twist <_<

179225[/snapback]

Is it hard to read stories were every second word is PANIC, DISASTER, EVIL, FILTH?