Charlie Nicholas..

Scottish Mag

Champagne Charlie has named his premiership stars for the coming season

GLEN JOHNSON - Portsmouth

"Glen Johnson is now on loan at Portsmouth and he'll be a good addition for Harry Redknapp. But it's time that he learned the other side of the game - good defending. He's a great athlete, very good at going forward, but defensive duties are now his priority. Now is his time."

SHOLA AMEOBI - Newcastle

"Shola Ameobi is a player I've always admired. He's got bags of skill, he scores a goal and he also has a good aerial presence. Of course, this year there's no Alan Shearer, so it's time for Ameobi to come forward and become a real Newcastle legend."

SHAUN WRIGHT-PHILLIPS - Chelsea

"Shaun Wright-Phillips has fantastic ability and fantastic potential. This is a player that has been drifting for a year, but at Manchester City he was a world beater. The time will come for Shaun Wright-Phillips and I believe this will be his season."

GAEL CLICHY - Arsenal

"He has fantastic pace, a beautiful adventure in terms of being a left-back and he can go and play the system brilliantly under Arsene Wenger. I actually believe he can get himself five or six goals this season, but he's now got to force himself into the team. The quality is there, but is the desire?"

OLE GUNNAR SOLSKJAER - Manchester United

"He has been an absolute legend at Manchester United, a great goalscorer and a wonderful substitute. He's missed the last three years of what has been a wonderful career, but time is turning. Hopefully luck will play a part this season for Solskjaer and it would be great to see him back in the Premiership scoring goals."

The way things are going with signing strikers, no Shearer, No Owen, Luque not looking to be Glenn's favoutie! then Shola will have one hell of a chance this season to play alot of games and its up to him to take the chance.

SHOLA AMEOBI - Newcastle

"Shola Ameobi is a player I've always admired. He's got bags of skill, he scores a goal and he also has a good aerial presence. Of course, this year there's no Alan Shearer, so it's time for Ameobi to come forward and become a real Newcastle legend."

178393[/snapback]

I notice he's put goal (singular) not goals (plural).

Champagne Charlie has named his premiership stars for the coming season

GLEN JOHNSON - Portsmouth

"Glen Johnson is now on loan at Portsmouth and he'll be a good addition for Harry Redknapp. But it's time that he learned the other side of the game - good defending. He's a great athlete, very good at going forward, but defensive duties are now his priority. Now is his time."

SHOLA AMEOBI - Newcastle

SHAUN WRIGHT-PHILLIPS - Chelsea

"Shaun Wright-Phillips has fantastic ability and fantastic potential. This is a player that has been drifting for a year, but at Manchester City he was a world beater. The time will come for Shaun Wright-Phillips and I believe this will be his season."

GAEL CLICHY - Arsenal

"He has fantastic pace, a beautiful adventure in terms of being a left-back and he can go and play the system brilliantly under Arsene Wenger. I actually believe he can get himself five or six goals this season, but he's now got to force himself into the team. The quality is there, but is the desire?"

OLE GUNNAR SOLSKJAER - Manchester United

"He has been an absolute legend at Manchester United, a great goalscorer and a wonderful substitute. He's missed the last three years of what has been a wonderful career, but time is turning. Hopefully luck will play a part this season for Solskjaer and it would be great to see him back in the Premiership scoring goals."

178393[/snapback]

hope he's right. He's shown signs of putting himself about a lot more so we might be surprised.

SHOLA AMEOBI - Newcastle

178393[/snapback]

I notice he's put goal (singular) not goals (plural).

178415[/snapback]

As opposed to 'he scores a goals'?

:lol: