Fabrizio Miccoli

Scottish Mag

Aston Villa are being linked with a shock move for Juventus forward Fabrizio Miccoli.

Reports emanating from Italy claim that Villa and Benfica are battling it out for the Italian international.

Juventus are trying to offload Miccoli as they look to raise some funds following the capture of Patrick Vieira.

The Bianconeri are known to not have too much cash to spend this summer and they are exploring ways to bring in some money.

Miccoli is well down the pecking order at Stadio Delle Alpi and he has been informed he is not part of Fabio Capello's long-term plans.

The news has alerted a number of clubs to Miccoli's possible availability and Villa are thought to have registered an interest in the talented forward.

Juventus general director Luciano Moggi has claimed Villa and Benfica have expressed an interest in signing Miccoli.

"We need to sell a striker and that would be Miccoli," said Moggi.

"In a couple of days time we will know whether he will go to Benfica or Aston Villa.

"But there is no rush because we could hold on to him until January."

Meanwhile, another unsettled Juventus star Igor Tudor insists he will only leave if he receives the right offer.

The Croatian international has been deemed surplus to requirements at the Italian champions.

A number of clubs including West Brom have been linked with Tudor, but the player insists he will only move to the right club.

"If something attracts me I will go, but otherwise I will go where I say," said Tudor.