Has a film ever made you cry (real tears)

bobbyshinton

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

It's a Wonderful Life

The King of Masks

Pleasantville

Punch Drunk Love

Whale Rider

And even though I’ve seen it loads and never cried, and at the risk of Gemmill berating me because it's shit - Apollo 13 elicited a tear on Sunday.

178827[/snapback]

I haven't heard of most of those.

Can I just add that the music from Twin Peaks always gets to me.

178831[/snapback]

They're all standard Hollywood/Oscar nominated fodder tbh apart from King of Masks which is probably the most gut wrenching of them all, like a Chinese Champ.

It's a Wonderful Life

The King of Masks

Pleasantville

Punch Drunk Love

Whale Rider

And even though I’ve seen it loads and never cried, and at the risk of Gemmill berating me because it's shit - Apollo 13 elicited a tear on Sunday.

178827[/snapback]

178831[/snapback]

Ok, crying at music is gay. Especially Enya.

Guest Toplass-101

I hardly ever cry, on the rare occasion I do its usually because I feel sorry for someone, last time was about March I think, I have cryed over a films but cant remember which one.

I did once cry at a match though :lol: when we beat Sheffield Utd at Old Trafford, I was so happy that we were going to Wembley that I couldnt stop the tears, I was blubbing like a bairn.

It's a Wonderful Life

The King of Masks

Pleasantville

Punch Drunk Love

Whale Rider

178827[/snapback]

178831[/snapback]

178840[/snapback]

I heard you were in floods when Erasure playe Blue Savannah Sun.

Must admit that the end of 'field of dreams' when costner meets his dad and asks him if he wants to play catch is the one for me.

Basically reminds me of my parents divorce and the times that me and me dad didnt spend together.

It's a Wonderful Life

The King of Masks

Pleasantville

Punch Drunk Love

Whale Rider

178827[/snapback]

178831[/snapback]

178840[/snapback]

I heard you were in floods when Erasure playe Blue Savannah Sun.

178851[/snapback]

Got some poppers in my eye, if you MUST know.

I hardly ever cry, on the rare occasion I do its usually because I feel sorry for someone, last time was about March I think, I have cryed over a films but cant remember which one. 

I did once cry at a match though  :lol:  when we beat Sheffield Utd at Old Trafford, I was so happy that we were going to Wembley that I couldnt stop the tears, I was blubbing like a bairn.

178845[/snapback]

Tears of joy at football are ok I guess, but we've not won anything in my lifetime so I've never actually been THAT happy. Always worrying about the next game.

I do HATE it when anyone cries tears of sadness at football though. Always seems totally fake to me if it's anyone over the age of 6. This is especially true of people crying over England.

Must admit that the end of 'field of dreams' when costner meets his dad and asks him if he wants to play catch is the one for me.

Basically reminds me of my parents divorce and the times that me and me dad didnt spend together.

178855[/snapback]

Reading that has set me off

178859[/snapback]

:lol:

I hate thinking about my mam and dad's divorce like. My dad never wanted them to get divorced and I remember going into the kitchen after they'd had a screaming row once and seeing my dad sitting there by himself looking down at the kitchen table just fiddling with a ringpull in his hands. I felt absolutely gutted for him cos I knew he must have been thinking "This is it. No more marriage. No more living with my kids". I just got something out the fridge and left the room and I've felt a bit guilty about not saying something ever since. :razz:

178855[/snapback]

178859[/snapback]

I hate thinking about my mam and dad's divorce like. My dad never wanted them to get divorced and I remember going into the kitchen after they'd had a screaming row once and seeing my dad sitting there by himself looking down at the kitchen table just fiddling with a ringpull in his hands. I felt absolutely gutted for him cos I knew he must have been thinking "This is it. No more marriage. No more living with my kids". I just got something out the fridge and left the room and I've felt a bit guilty about not saying something ever since. :razz:

178868[/snapback]

Fuck. That's a bit heavy. :razz:

178855[/snapback]

178859[/snapback]

178868[/snapback]

Fuck. That's a bit heavy. :huff:

178874[/snapback]

I know where he's coming from like. There's been things in the past year or so that have easily set me off where they never would have done before. I think I've turned into a hard-faced soft shite :razz:

178855[/snapback]

178859[/snapback]

178868[/snapback]

Have you spoke about it since? I'm sure he'd understand anyway. You were a bairn (presumably) and what do you say in a situation like that anyway?

I don't think he would even have noticed tbh alex. I doubt he's given it a second thought. Just me being daft about it really, I'm sure. You're right like, I wouldn't have known what to say anyway.

I don't think he would even have noticed tbh alex.  I doubt he's given it a second thought.  Just me being daft about it really, I'm sure.  You're right like, I wouldn't have known what to say anyway.

178881[/snapback]

Aye, don't worry about it man :lol:

I don't think he would even have noticed tbh alex.  I doubt he's given it a second thought.  Just me being daft about it really, I'm sure.  You're right like, I wouldn't have known what to say anyway.

178881[/snapback]

Single-handedly responsible for your parent's divorce tbh.

178881[/snapback]

178883[/snapback]

:lol: It was worth it just for how spoilt me and my sister got after it happened. :razz:

178881[/snapback]

178883[/snapback]

:lol: It was worth it just for how spoilt me and my sister got after it happened. :razz:

178886[/snapback]

when me mam and dad remarried (to other people) me and my sister had 2 xmas's, 2 birthdays, 2 easters.......

178881[/snapback]

178883[/snapback]

178886[/snapback]

It's helped to make you what you are today

:razz:

wait for the follow up to this. If it was on N-O 48 pager fact :huff:

178881[/snapback]

178883[/snapback]

178886[/snapback]

when me mam and dad remarried (to other people) me and my sister had 2 xmas's, 2 birthdays, 2 easters.......

178893[/snapback]

My dad's a bit tight on the christmas and birthday front, but we were both allowed a couple of mates each to stay over pretty much every weekend, and we used to do the classic divorced parent Sunday lunch followed by the pictures thing with my dad every weekend. For about three years I had seen everything that was on at the pictures. I was a nightmare to go to the video shop with - "Seen it. Seen it. Seen it."

178881[/snapback]

178883[/snapback]

178886[/snapback]

It's helped to make you what you are today

:razz:

wait for the follow up to this. If it was on N-O 48 pager fact :icon_lol:

178895[/snapback]

I'm a lovely lad. :huff:<_<