no more 'Hinney' - 'Pet' - 'Love'

skhwoody

My mate at school used to work on a market stall with his sister's boyfriend on a weekend - we were about 15 or 16. Anyway, he took to calling grown women hinny, and pet and stuff just to copy this lad he was working with. We all used to take the piss telling him he was too young for stuff like that and that he sounded like a wanker etc.

Anyway, we went to this sandwich shop one day (greasy spoon type place) and the woman behind the counter looked nails - mid 40s, forearms like Popeye, actually, they were TATOOED forearms like Popeye. Anyway, he gets to the front of the queue and, at 15 with a face full of spots, goes "Bacon sandwich love" in his best deep voice.

Well, I thought she was gonna throw the pan of chip fat at him. :lol: She blew her stack and told him to fuck off and get his bacon sandwich elsewhere. It was quality.

I can't see how anyone would find them to be upsetting. It's just another step along the road of dehumanising society.

178808[/snapback]

Police state mate.

Orwell saw it coming

I must say I find it very odd if I get called 'love' by a bloke that is younger than me.  It just sounds ridiculous.

*cue jokes about my age  :razz: *

178842[/snapback]

I like when DanTheMan calls you darling. :lol:

I must say I find it very odd if I get called 'love' by a bloke that is younger than me.  It just sounds ridiculous.

*cue jokes about my age  :razz: *

178842[/snapback]

I like when DanTheMan calls you darling. :lol:

178843[/snapback]

That's exactly the kind of thing I mean - it's hilarious! :razz:

*cue jokes about my age  :lol: *

178842[/snapback]

Being a yorkshire lad (although now a slighty accepted adopted geordie), i call everyone love anyway, love