Anyone been to Pineda de Mar?

bobbyshinton

I'm going to Malta in a couple of weeks, anyone been there?

179018[/snapback]

a few times - but its hotter than hell in August and the reflected light from all the white limestone buildings is sommat else

In general I don't think Malta is good for a beach holiday (there's only one really) but its a fascinating place, lots to see historically and as its so small its easy to get around

Hire a scooter (tony's in Gzira has been around for several generation) - easier to park and easier to get around he back streets

or use th ebuses - they all run to and from the main bus station in valetta

most people speak pretty good english - Maltese food has improved somewhat over the last 10 years - traditionally it combined the worst bits of italian, arabic and the British Army cooking. DO NOT DRINK THE LOCAL WINE

they look like sicilians but they aren't excitable at all - the language looks and sounds like an arabic clone

Not as strongly religous as they once were but still dominated by the Church

Read the books on the Great Siege back in the 16th Century and ones about WW2 to get a background

There are some of the worlds most "interesting "bars in Valetta - but watch yourself

179018[/snapback]

a few times - but its hotter than hell in August and the reflected light from all the white limestone buildings is sommat else

In general I don't think Malta is good for a beach holiday (there's only one really) but its a fascinating place, lots to see historically and as its so small its easy to get around

Hire a scooter (tony's in Gzira has been around for several generation) - easier to park and easier to get around he back streets

most people speak pretty good english - Maltese food has improved somewhat over the last 10 years - traditionally it combined the worst bits of italian, arabic and the British Army cooking. DO NOT DRINK THE LOCAL WINE

they look like sicilians but they aren't excitable at all - the language looks and sounds like an arabic clone

Read the books on the Great Siege back in the 16th Century and ones about WW2 to get a background

There are some of the worlds most "interesting "bars in Valetta - but watch yourself

179035[/snapback]

Cheers Rob. I'm going with the family as a beach holiday so you've made my day there!

Actually I couldn't give a fuck about the beach as long as my appartments have a pool (and more importantly a pool bar).

The only reading I do is this site so there's nee chance of me reading those books but thanks anyway.

179018[/snapback]

179035[/snapback]

Cheers Rob. I'm going with the family as a beach holiday so you've made my day there!

Actually I couldn't give a fuck about the beach as long as my appartments have a pool (and more importantly a pool bar).

The only reading I do is this site so there's nee chance of me reading those books but thanks anyway.

179058[/snapback]

Thats where i was, no beach as such, a little gravel. It's like the setting of Coccoon old biddies n gadgies running around.

I hope you like bingo, clerb singers and sunday lunch with reeeeeeeeeeel bisto.

All bars Bell n Bucket, Golden Lion sort, managed by ex managers from the smoke

the sea front did have a few clubs. CIU :nufc:

It's like staying in downtown Beruit. Valletta is canny for a tobie around.

What hotel are you staying at?

<_<

179018[/snapback]

179035[/snapback]

179058[/snapback]

Thats where i was, no beach as such, a little gravel. It's like the setting of Coccoon old biddies n gadgies running around.

<_<

179063[/snapback]

Cheers Bobby I'm really looking forwards to this fucker now!

I think the place I'm stopping is called Club Salina or something, it's an RCI timeshare place.

179018[/snapback]

179035[/snapback]

179058[/snapback]

<_<

179063[/snapback]

Cheers Bobby I'm really looking forwards to this fucker now!

I think the place I'm stopping is called Club Salina or something, it's an RCI timeshare place.

179081[/snapback]

I've been to Malta twice, both times to Qawra and it was canny. If you get a chance go to Gozo and Comino (the small islands) for a visit - they're pretty and fairly unspoilt.