Elvis

bobbyshinton

Has been dead for 29 years today :razz:

Unless you have a theory :razz:

178933[/snapback]

Defo dead like. For years me Mam claimed she was going to see him when he made his comeback tour :lol: Respect to anyone who can eat that many burgers whilst doing that many amphetamines though. Dedication tbh.

Has been dead for 29 years today :razz:

178933[/snapback]

Defo dead like. For years me Mam claimed she was going to see him when he made his comeback tour :lol: Respect to anyone who can eat that many burgers whilst doing that many amphetamines though. Dedication tbh.

178935[/snapback]

If you wanna be a record breakeeeerrrr.... ahhh-oooooooh

A hero to most, but he never meant shit to me.  Straight up racist that sucker was simple and plain.  Mother fuck him and John Wayne.

178939[/snapback]

Fight the Power :lol:

Has been dead for 29 years today :huff:

178933[/snapback]

Defo dead like. For years me Mam claimed she was going to see him when he made his comeback tour :lol:Respect to anyone who can eat that many burgers whilst doing that many amphetamines though. Dedication tbh.

178935[/snapback]

Is that your mam or Elvis? :razz:

Has been dead for 29 years today <_<

178933[/snapback]

Defo dead like. For years me Mam claimed she was going to see him when he made his comeback tour :lol:Respect to anyone who can eat that many burgers whilst doing that many amphetamines though. Dedication tbh.

178935[/snapback]

Is that your mam or Elvis? :razz:

178942[/snapback]

Elvis, me Mam doesn't do burgers :huff:

A hero to most, but he never meant shit to me.  Straight up racist that sucker was simple and plain.  Mother fuck him and John Wayne.

178939[/snapback]

Motherfuck as a verb? How can you motherfuck someone?

Anyway, I agree, to an extent. Don't see the appeal in him really.

He died wearing nappies - FACT.

178939[/snapback]

Motherfuck as a verb? How can you motherfuck someone?

Anyway, I agree, to an extent. Don't see the appeal in him really.

He died wearing nappies - FACT.

178946[/snapback]

Don't be dissing Chuck D, he can only go with the flow when he's spitting it.

I actually quite like Elvis. Despite his racism. My grandad was racist. Didn't stop me liking him either.

Without any doubt Elvis was the single most important cultural figure of the 20th century.  Not a bad looking bloke either

178967[/snapback]

I ain't no fag, but if I had to fuck a guy. If my life depended on it. I'd fuck Elvis!

There was a book of Rock and Roll Miscellanies free with Q a few months back and it had a list of Elvis sightings listed on a website.

My favourites were:

A biology teacher in Lancaster, Lancashire

Driving a Builder's Van in Ipswich

Only an icon these days because he died when he did. If he'd lived he'd have ended up a pathetic, pitied figure that "used to be good once"

Agree that he was good-looking when he was young and had huge charisma but vastly overrated imo.

Only an icon these days because he died when he did.  If he'd lived he'd have ended up a pathetic, pitied figure that "used to be good once"

178983[/snapback]

That's what did happen :lol:

He's culturally important for taking "rock 'n' roll" to the masses but he wasn't remotely original or musically talented in the way someone like Chuck Berry was. He took black music and made it appealing to white people. Incredibly charismatic and a great performer. Those Vegas performances are comedy gold too.

Only an icon these days because he died when he did.  If he'd lived he'd have ended up a pathetic, pitied figure that "used to be good once"

178983[/snapback]

He's culturally important for taking "rock 'n' roll" to the masses but he wasn't remotely original or musically talented in the way someone like Chuck Berry was. He took black music and made it appealing to white people. Incredibly charismatic and a great performer. Those Vegas performances are comedy gold too.

178987[/snapback]

I put Little Richard down as the earliest pioneer.

The Beatles wouldnt have been around without Fatty and without them so on and so forth.......Busted!

178983[/snapback]

178987[/snapback]

He had a class voice to be fair. It was HUGE. Not innovative, I'll give you, but a good singer. Fucking excellent at karate too.

178983[/snapback]

178987[/snapback]

He had a class voice to be fair. It was HUGE. Not innovative, I'll give you, but a good singer. Fucking excellent at karate too.

178993[/snapback]

Class singer tttt

178983[/snapback]

178987[/snapback]

I put Little Richard down as the earliest pioneer.

The Beatles wouldnt have been around without Fatty and without them so on and so forth.......Busted!

178992[/snapback]

yeah dead right but tbf the beatles were a talented bunch of songwriters so you cant diss them really.

The legendary status of elvis is just a little ott but he did have a great voice. How much better than Tom Jones Im not sure though :razz: