Nigerian FA reply concerning Martins' age

MattM4

From Inter's website:

http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?L=en&N...tringa=Nigerian

NIGERIAN FA REPLIES TO INTER

Thursday, 04 August 2005 11:58:50 

MILAN - The Nigerian FA replied this morning to the letter sent by Inter president Giacinto Facchetti yesterday, apologising for the wrong date of birth of Nerazzurri striker Obafemi Martins on its official website.

Text of Nigerian FA's reply to Inter:

"If u can please log on to nigeriafa.com u will find out on the team list that a lot of errors were made and that included obafemi martins date of birth.the likes of aghahowa,garba lawal who had the same date of birth with martins which is not true cos he's a more older player than martins.a typical example is seyi olofinjana whose debut was written to be 1980 before he was even born.please martins is a dedicated player and our FA should held responsible.thank you. inter for life".

<_<:nufc:

Guest Patrokles
From Inter's website:

http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?L=en&N...tringa=Nigerian

NIGERIAN FA REPLIES TO INTER

Thursday, 04 August 2005 11:58:50 

MILAN - The Nigerian FA replied this morning to the letter sent by Inter president Giacinto Facchetti yesterday, apologising for the wrong date of birth of Nerazzurri striker Obafemi Martins on its official website.

Text of Nigerian FA's reply to Inter:

"If u can please log on to nigeriafa.com u will find out on the team list that a lot of errors were made and that included obafemi martins date of birth.the likes of aghahowa,garba lawal who had the same date of birth with martins which is not true cos he's a more older player than martins.a typical example is seyi olofinjana whose debut was written to be 1980 before he was even born.please martins is a dedicated player and our FA should held responsible.thank you. inter for life".

<_<:nufc:

179173[/snapback]

Reading that, you can see how the website might have fucked up.

Would anybody bet their life on Martins' being 21? I wouldn't.

Look at a picture of him. If he's 21 then he's had a hard life. I don't blame Roeder a bit in being leery about the whole thing.

179191[/snapback]

Some people just look older, Jose Reina, Dean Ashton and Arjan Robben all look in their late 20's.

Would anybody bet their life on Martins' being 21? I wouldn't.

Look at a picture of him. If he's 21 then he's had a hard life. I don't blame Roeder a bit in being leery about the whole thing.

179191[/snapback]

Who the fuck cares if he's 21 or 28 if he can knock some goals in for us.

Watching the 20 minutes Bellamy played for Pool in the charity/community/mcdonalds cup just made me sick to the stomach. Knowing what he is going to create for them, the fact that rovers made 3m+ profit on him in just 12 months and the fact we've got fuck all up front 3 days before the season's start. Twat or not his enthusiasm for the team he is playing is something I wish they could inject into some of our players.

I would've thought it was obvious that age does matter especially if you are signing a long term contract of 5 years or so.

I'm not saying that GR shouldn't buy him if he wants him but it has to factor into the transfer fee.

179408[/snapback]

So what Van Nistelhorse for 15m at 30/31 is a factoring in of age?