New England - Greece

4-0's not bad I suppose <_<

Greece have been shite like

179258[/snapback]

Correction: Greece have been fucking shite

How irritating is Jonathan Pearce with his Martin Jol style "sch" when pronouncing any greek players name with an S in it.

ROI 0 - 4 Holland

Jeff Stelling:  Steve Staunton, held up at gunpoint on Monday, mugged on Wednesday.

179296[/snapback]

superb !

Italy 0 - 2 Croatia

All hail the new world champions <_<

179305[/snapback]

How many of Italy's WC winning squad were in the 22?

Clue: The same as how many goals they scored tonight.

So did we miss Beckham?

179398[/snapback]

Hell no... Gerrard was awesome on the right (even tho he didn't stay there that often)

He was flying all over the place as he does for liverpool.

Hargreaves was absolute ****ing quality....Lampard was pretty meh....got lucky as anything to score. Robocrouch was decent..could have scored a few more perhaps....

Good performance overall against an absolutely gash team who decided to play their hologram squad until half time. Woulda been nice to nab another 1 or 2 in the 2nd half...

But at least the man of glass kept a clean sheet...

Definately worth waking up at 3am for <_<

Edited by Shido

If the Greeks had been arsed and played with the positive formation and tactics they did in the second then it might have been a different game. Hargreaves was superb again, England flowed excellently first half, and quite rightly couldn't be arsed second half (job done, PL starts in 3 days).

Encouraging start, although I thought Greece's tactics and formation shot themselves in the foot a bit. Be interesting to see how the new England perform against quality opposition.

I can't remember the last time I saw that kind of movement and passing from England, they were great. They looked like Premiership side; always attacking every time they got the ball which is how it should be!

They were a hell of a lot more organised than what they were in the World Cup and you have to put that down to the manager. You saw 'a lot' of long balls in the world cup especially to the strikers. They never really passed it about like they did last night; they would just look for a mistake from the opposition before deciding to break forward. The ball would either be played to Beckham or Rooney in the world cup, but now everyone's given the chance to get involved.

They looked as though they were so used to playing that ball to the right than the left-wing ignoring downing when he was open and ready for the ball, but that soon changed and you saw a lot more down the left with Ashley Cole working well with Downing on the left flank.

Gerrard was able to drift where he wanted with Gary Neville & Owen Hargreaves filling any gap left by the attack. Lampard still didn't really impress me, Gerrard was doing all the running in attack while Lampard sat back which credit to him he passed the ball about well.

The back four looked well organised, especially when the pressure was on, but I wasn’t impressed with Defoe, he was shite! <_< His passing was dreadful and vision was terrible. He only made one good move down the left side of the pitch but he never had a sniff on goal unlike Crouch who worked his bollocks off.