Murray beats Federer

Sima

You do wonder about Murray. Seems to have the talent and confidence required but at times he must be the most unfit young athlete in world sport as he struggles with 4-5 set matches and regularly seems to be injured or ill half way through longer mateches.

Hopefully his new coach will sort that out!

hahahaha, awesome \o/

179277[/snapback]

I can't understand how someone who rips into everyone else dares use a '\o/' !

179278[/snapback]

It's acceptable because I use it, howay, catch on ffs.....

Murray 7-5 6-4 Federer

Here we go again. . . And this time Murray keeps his cool. A majestic backhand pass beats Federer to set up three match points. The first escapes him, but Murray blazes another pass to claim the biggest win of his career. He looks drained and buries his head in a towel as the crowd rises to him. Is this the day that Britain's next great tennis champion came of age?

ffs...........It's started.

Edited by Sima

Cue the jocks with the anti English bile that they like to make up:

"Oh yeah, Henman was English but now Murray is British' rubbish.

179328[/snapback]

<_<

179332[/snapback]

exceptions made, obviously <_<

I have worked with loads of Scots who have built up this myth that the English nation claim anyone who is good at anything and is English, is English and not British. Further, anyone who is good at anything and is Scottish/Welsh/N.Irish is automatically British and claimed for the English nation as theirs.

Sounds double-dutch, I know!! :nufc:

Cue the jocks with the anti English bile that they like to make up:

"Oh yeah, Henman was English but now Murray is British' rubbish.

179328[/snapback]

<_<

179332[/snapback]

exceptions made, obviously <_<

I have worked with loads of Scots who have built up this myth that the English nation claim anyone who is good at anything and is English, is English and not British. Further, anyone who is good at anything and is Scottish/Welsh/N.Irish is automatically British and claimed for the English nation as theirs.

Sounds double-dutch, I know!! :nufc:

179336[/snapback]

I used to think that but a quick search on BBC for Henman and every single article said "british" tennins player....

<_<

You do wonder about Murray. Seems to have the talent and confidence required but at times he must be the most unfit young athlete in world sport as he struggles with 4-5 set matches and regularly seems to be injured or ill half way through longer mateches.

Hopefully his new coach will sort that out!

179251[/snapback]

Fitness and temperament is his major problems but hopefully he can improve both.

It would be nice to think a lad like this, from a working class backround even if his mother was the Scottish tennis coach [or whatever] could win some titles, especially Wimbledon, and boost the game because tennis needs to be more accessible to working class roots if we want to produce more players like him and even Henman because lets fact it Henman wasn't crap, I wish NUFC had been one of the top 10 football teams in the world for so long.