A-level results tomorrow.

Mark

Well, today really.

Anyways, I know I have done shit, so I'm not too fussed, and I've just won $400 at poker, so I'm quite happy. Anyone here find a Uni by going through clearing?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got CCD, bastard!!

179431[/snapback]

What is it you needed and what do you want to do at Uni? There are loads of people get places through clearing so I wouldn't worry about it too much <_<

Fucking hell can't believe thats been two years since my results.

179486[/snapback]

I can't believe it's 11 since mine! :nufc:

Good luck to all those receiving results today and for those of you who think you've missed your places at uni, get on the blower to them and blag it like you've never done before. I went to the pub for a couple of hours rang them up and talked them into taking me - remember saying to the woman when the call was ending "you'll not regret this decision!"

<_<

Fucking hell can't believe thats been two years since my results.

179486[/snapback]

That was the last time you were at a pissup, wasn't it? Just after you got 12 A's in your A'Levels or something ridiculous like that <_<

Tenner says Ally doesn't turn up this weekend like. He always talks bollocks about how he's coming......then says "If my mate's coming I won't be able to make it"......then the next thing we hear is after the day he'll come on and go "Sorry I couldn't be there."

Stage one and two are already complete in the pissup thread. <_<

<_< Who knows...

If i'm coming on my own, which at present I am, then i'm coming for a pint. If the other tickets arrive then I won't be able to as i'll be fannying around in Durham. Simple. :nufc:

Yeh Cath it was, and it was only 4 As!

Edited by Ally

It was on the news this morning that passes are expected to rise again. Is that 20 years in a row now?

Cue the usual annual debates, but with a pass rate above 96% it's definitely harder for employers or Universities to discriminate.

Mark's grades of CCD would have been regarded as good when I did mine; Ally's 4 As would have made the local news.

Record results again, well I never.

179502[/snapback]

<_< Get easier every time - FACT!

In fact I think I'll be winding them up on NO about that later. :nufc:

179503[/snapback]

Even if there was a general improvement in education standards year on year you would expect the odd exceptional year resulting in a blip where results weren't quite as good the year after.

Edited by alex

It was on the news this morning that passes are expected to rise again. Is that 20 years in a row now?

Cue the usual annual debates, but with a pass rate above 96% it's definitely harder for employers or Universities to discriminate.

Mark's grades of CCD would have been regarded as good when I did mine; Ally's 4 As would have made the local news.

179505[/snapback]

Ally's 4 A's should have made the local news anyway - the lad's semi-retarded ffs.

Renton, are you coming on Saturday, you steemasex heemasex?

179500[/snapback]

No, first big meet up with the usual people I go with, who I haven't seen in 3 months. We don't normally go to the Trent as it's a bit busy. I will come shortly though, you'll have to be patient. <_<

179505[/snapback]

Exams started getting significantly easier approximately 27 years ago. FACTIDIDEXCEPTIONALLYCRAPWHENISATMINEBUTSHUOLDHAVESTUDIEDBEFOREHANDISUPPOSE!

Clearing shouldn't be allowed tbh.  If you aren't dedicated/good enough to meet your stated goals, then further education isn't for you.  Get on a YT and learn a trade instead.

179506[/snapback]

I agree with that to an extent. When I did my A-Levels I got ABB but didn't get into my course as I needed AAB. I decided not to go through clearing as I didn't want to rush a decision and didn't really fancy any of the course offered. Still CCD isn't that bad, I've seen people with EEU get into courses through clearing which is completely pointless.

179505[/snapback]

Exams started getting significantly easier approximately 27 years ago. FACTIDIDEXCEPTIONALLYCRAPWHENISATMINEBUTSHUOLDHAVESTUDIEDBEFOREHANDISUPPOSE!

179516[/snapback]

When you did them I suppose? <_<

I read my Dad's exam papers and have come to the conclusion they have been getting easier for the last 50 years at least.

179505[/snapback]

179516[/snapback]

When you did them I suppose? <_<

I read my Dad's exam papers and have come to the conclusion they have been getting easier for the last 50 years at least.

179527[/snapback]

True story.

When I sat my O-Level (didn't do any A-Levels) English literature, I deliberately answered questions on a book I hadn't even heard of, let alone supposedly read! I figured I had as much chance of passing that way as the conventional method.

Unclassified!!!! Oh well, ho-hum

:nufc:

179505[/snapback]

179516[/snapback]

When you did them I suppose? :nufc:

179527[/snapback]

True story.

When I sat my O-Level (didn't do any A-Levels) English literature, I deliberately answered questions on a book I hadn't even heard of, let alone supposedly read! I figured I had as much chance of passing that way as the conventional method.

Unclassified!!!! Oh well, ho-hum

<_<

179533[/snapback]

You'd have got an A now, but probably missed on the A*. <_<

Clearing shouldn't be allowed tbh.  If you aren't dedicated/good enough to meet your stated goals, then further education isn't for you.  Get on a YT and learn a trade instead.

179506[/snapback]

I don't think it's as clear cut as that tbh. I completely flunked my A-Levels, more to do with my attitude stinking than my actual abilities. I had to do a foundation course as a result and therefore was at university a year longer than most but I got my head down and earned my degree.