Thursday's gossip column

Scottish Mag

TRANSFER RUMOURS

Bayern Munich midfielder Owen Hargreaves will sign for Manchester United today. (The Sun)

Liverpool are set to land Feyenoord striker Dirk Kuyt after beating off competition from Newcastle. (Various)

Iran World Cup star Andranjik Teymourian claims he will join Bolton within two weeks on a two-season contract. (Daily Mirror)

Arsenal are ready to lower the asking price for Ashley Cole - not for Chelsea but for a foreign club, with Inter Milan believed to have shown an interest in the England defender. (Daily Mirror)

Meanwhile, Cole may be in the Gunners squad for Saturday's Premiership opener against Aston Villa. (The Sun)

Manager Arsene Wenger has told the Arsenal board to complete the sale of Ashley Cole by the end of this week. (The Independent)

Celtic have told former Parkhead boss Martin O'Neill, who is now manager of Aston Villa, that he can forget about signing midfielder Stilian Petrov. (Daily Record)

Wolves are set to complete the loan signing of 21-year-old Liverpool midfielder Darren Potter. (Daily Mirror)

Ipswich want to sign Crystal Palace striker Jon Macken on loan. (Daily Mirror)

OTHER GOSSIP

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba has revealed that only a last-minute plea from manager Jose Mourinho prevented him from leaving Stamford Bridge this summer. (The Sun)

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has warned Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo he must cut out the diving in matches - if he wants to be forgiven by English fans following his role in team-mate Wayne Rooney's sending off in England's World Cup quarter-final with Portugal. (Various)

American billionaire Randy Lerner has moved closer to a £62.6m takeover of Aston Villa. (The Sun)

Newcastle manager Glenn Roeder admits he may have to write off Michael Owen for the whole season because of the England striker's cruciate ligament injury. (The Sun)

Chelsea fear they may be without Petr Cech for the opening month of the season because the goalkeeper's recovery from groin surgery took longer than expected and he has only just resumed training. (Daily Mirror)

FUNNIES

New Rangers signing Filip Sebo says his hat-trick in Slovakia's 3-0 win over Malta on Tuesdsay may have been down to chocolate. He said: "Before the Malta game I ate some white chocolate. I probably had too much but maybe, in a strange way, that helped me to score the hat-trick. I should try this before every game to see if it works." (Daily Record)

I'm extremely pessisimistic about our chances of getting in a striker before the end of the month.

Imagine going into the season with Shola as our only striker, it doesn't bear thinking about.

Listening to Talksport this morning, they had an audio clip of Kuyt saying there was only one club he was interested in and hopefully things will be sorted in the next couple of days.

While no club was mentioned, Talksport are convinced it's Liverpool...

Listening to Talksport this morning, they had an audio clip of Kuyt saying there was only one club he was interested in and hopefully things will be sorted in the next couple of days.

179449[/snapback]

The Kuyt clip <_<

179449[/snapback]

The Kuyt clip <_<

179451[/snapback]

Says it all really.

Yeah SSN are running the story think its pretty much a done deal now...

Oh well i don't think he was for us anyway....Martins will be a much better investment / player / fit into the side so blessing in disguise....

At least we're almost at the end of this ridiculous Kuyt saga now (it seems)

Only the gravesen saga and martins saga to focus on now...

We're fucked tbh, I really can't see us getting anyone other than maybe someone like Nugent and then we will end up paying through the nose because he's English and everyone else knows the situation we are in.

And what the fuck is going on with Graveson? He's obviously surpluss to requirements at Madrid, Roeder has stated his interest so why don't we just go and sign him? We're obviously not in negotiations with any strikers so what exactly are we doing other than repeatedly scouting the same players?

The club is an absolute shambles, there are absolutely no excuses for us to be in the situation we are. If we go into the season with just what we have now, Roeder and the fat man should both be sacked.

And what the fuck is going on with Graveson?  He's obviously surpluss to requirements at Madrid, Roeder has stated his interest so why don't we just go and sign him? 

179460[/snapback]

Apparently Celtic is his preferred destination. Yesterday Danish media ran a story about Gravesen to decide if he wanted to join Celtic in 48 hours (now 24).. Dunno if this is concrete or just pure speculation – no quotes from the man himself, but his agent talked about CL-football being an important factor.

Gravesen looked good in the 2-0 win against Poland last nite: 2 assist and good all-round play. His best game in 2 years imo.

And what the fuck is going on with Graveson?  He's obviously surpluss to requirements at Madrid, Roeder has stated his interest so why don't we just go and sign him? 

179460[/snapback]

Apparently Celtic is his preferred destination. Yesterday Danish media ran a story about Gravesen to decide if he wanted to join Celtic in 48 hours (now 24).. Dunno if this is concrete or just pure speculation – no quotes from the man himself, but his agent talked about CL-football being an important factor.

Gravesen looked good in the 2-0 win against Poland last nite: 2 assist and good all-round play. His best game in 2 years imo.

179474[/snapback]

Celtic won't pay the wages he'll be looking for tbh..

I'm sure I read yesterday that he was sick of waiting for us while we were going after a striker.

Well appart from the constatnt scouting there's precious little evidence that we are doing anything on that front so why are we letting things slip with him?

Chairman Freddy Shepherd and boss Glenn Roeder travelled to Dublin to watch Kuyt in action for his country last night. But they were disappointed to learn that the 26-year-old’s move to Anfield had already been agreed.

It's from the Sun like, but still. Laurel and frigging Hardy.

Divvent (am I still allowed to say that? Oh yes, that's okay, it's Hinney I'm not allowed to say <_< ) worry folks, just like the Canadian Mountie, Newcastle always get their man :nufc:

Freddie, hinney, I mean my friend, it's over to you.........

Chairman Freddy Shepherd and boss Glenn Roeder travelled to Dublin to watch Kuyt in action for his country last night. But they were disappointed to learn that the 26-year-old’s move to Anfield had already been agreed.

It's from the Sun like, but still.  Laurel and frigging Hardy.

179481[/snapback]

What a joke.

179481[/snapback]

What a joke.

179583[/snapback]

Not a very funny one though.

179481[/snapback]

What a joke.

179583[/snapback]

Not a very funny one though.

179585[/snapback]

Certainly not. The fact that Liverpool have Bellamy & Kuyt while we have a crocked Owen and Shola is pissing me off.

Edited by Bombadil

Guest Patrokles
If we go into the season with just what we have now, Roeder and the fat man should both be sacked.

179460[/snapback]

That'll help.

If we go into the season with just what we have now, Roeder and the fat man should both be sacked.

179460[/snapback]

That'll help.

179661[/snapback]

It can't be any less damaging than having the club run by people who have clearly not foreseen or addressed the urgency of signing a replacement for our strikers that have either departed or been fucked for the season!