Any U2 fans.....

Radgina

Semi-boast U2 related posting. At university I had a year being responsible for booking bands to appear. I booked U2 as part of what was their first tour of England I cant really remember much about it, but we did all go the pub beforehand and they seemed a decnt bunch of lads then. Mind you we were all about twenty years old so Bono hadnt really developed his ridiculous persona at that stage

179939[/snapback]

jealous tbh.. <_<

179942[/snapback]

Get yourself some photos of Bongo and The Wedge. That'll make you feel better.

179949[/snapback]

Even better, become Bongo and Wedge's groupy beeyitch.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Semi-boast U2 related posting. At university I had a year being responsible for booking bands to appear. I booked U2 as part of what was their first tour of England I cant really remember much about it, but we did all go the pub beforehand and they seemed a decnt bunch of lads then. Mind you we were all about twenty years old so Bono hadnt really developed his ridiculous persona at that stage

179939[/snapback]

jealous tbh.. <_<

179942[/snapback]

179949[/snapback]

179955[/snapback]

And get photos?

179939[/snapback]

jealous tbh.. :(

179942[/snapback]

179949[/snapback]

179955[/snapback]

And get photos?

179958[/snapback]

oh you are funny fuckers like....laugh...I nearly passed me tabs round... :(

TR, the gig was brilliant, have taken some pics but am still a bit pissed at the minute so will post them for you later.. :lol:

180944[/snapback]

Excellent Gina :( Thanks. Still abit pissed? :lol: Good on ya :(

Setlist from last night TR...pictures may follow at some point.. :lol:

BEAUTIFUL DAY

ALL BECAUSE OF YOU

ANGEL OF HARLEM

BAD

DESIRE

ONE

I STILL HAVEN’T FOUND …

THE FLY

RUNNING TO STAND STILL

MYSTERIOUS WAYS

VERTIGO

MLK

WITH OR WITHOUT YOU

ALL I WANT IS YOU

WHERE THE STREETS HAVE NO NAME

SUNDAY, BLOODY SUNDAY

GLORIA

BULLET THE BLUE SKY

UNTIL THE END OF THE WORLD

OUT OF CONTROL

WALK ON

I WILL FOLLOW

SOMETIMES YOU CAN’T…

PRIDE

BEAUTIFUL DAY

ALL BECAUSE OF YOU

ANGEL OF HARLEM

BAD

DESIRE

ONE

I STILL HAVEN’T FOUND …

THE FLY

RUNNING TO STAND STILL

MYSTERIOUS WAYS

VERTIGO

MLK

WITH OR WITHOUT YOU

ALL I WANT IS YOU

SUNDAY, BLOODY SUNDAY

GLORIA

BULLET THE BLUE SKY

OUT OF CONTROL

WALK ON

I WILL FOLLOW

SOMETIMES YOU CAN’T…

PRIDE

181146[/snapback]

Excellent...a good mix there. 'One' is my all time favourite U2 track. How did 'sometimes you cant make it on your own' sound? Cos I'd imagine thats a tough vocally. I heard Bono sing it live....WOW ;) Awesome!!!

BEAUTIFUL DAY

ALL BECAUSE OF YOU

ANGEL OF HARLEM

BAD

DESIRE

ONE

I STILL HAVEN’T FOUND …

THE FLY

RUNNING TO STAND STILL

MYSTERIOUS WAYS

VERTIGO

MLK

WITH OR WITHOUT YOU

ALL I WANT IS YOU

SUNDAY, BLOODY SUNDAY

GLORIA

BULLET THE BLUE SKY

OUT OF CONTROL

WALK ON

I WILL FOLLOW

SOMETIMES YOU CAN’T…

PRIDE

181146[/snapback]

Excellent...a good mix there. 'One' is my all time favourite U2 track. How did 'sometimes you cant make it on your own' sound? Cos I'd imagine thats a tough vocally. I heard Bono sing it live....WOW ;) Awesome!!!

181182[/snapback]

I would love to be able to say it sounded fantastic but tbh I had drank a few many double vodkas by then :lol: asked my mates tho and they said it was canny!

On a negative note you are at serious risk of getting chinned in the Star, in my experience. Rough as fuck tbh.

179725[/snapback]

Ah, the good old Star! Me and my mates used to fuckin' rule that pub many moons ago! Fuckin' nails :lol:

On a negative note you are at serious risk of getting chinned in the Star, in my experience. Rough as fuck tbh.

179725[/snapback]

Ah, the good old Star! Me and my mates used to fuckin' rule that pub many moons ago! Fuckin' nails :lol:

181447[/snapback]

ooer ...I'm scared !!! :lol: Actually it was canny, mind you it has been done up somewhat since the last time I was in there and there was a gorgeous Australian behind the bar who was very helpful.. ;)

179725[/snapback]

Ah, the good old Star! Me and my mates used to fuckin' rule that pub many moons ago! Fuckin' nails B)

181447[/snapback]

ooer ...I'm scared !!! :lol: Actually it was canny, mind you it has been done up somewhat since the last time I was in there and there was a gorgeous Australian behind the bar who was very helpful.. ;)

181449[/snapback]

Aye, it was a canny watering hole when we frequented it. Not too palatial, but had a good pool table and a good pint.

The aussie barman is my long-lost twin from Cairns. We were separated at birth. Oh, and he's not as good looking as me! :crylaughin::lol:

179725[/snapback]

Ah, the good old Star! Me and my mates used to fuckin' rule that pub many moons ago! Fuckin' nails :crylaughin:

181447[/snapback]

ooer ...I'm scared !!! ;) Actually it was canny, mind you it has been done up somewhat since the last time I was in there and there was a gorgeous Australian behind the bar who was very helpful.. :lol:

181449[/snapback]

Aye, it was a canny watering hole when we frequented it. Not too palatial, but had a good pool table and a good pint.

The aussie barman is my long-lost twin from Cairns. We were separated at birth. Oh, and he's not as good looking as me! :crylaughin:B)

181450[/snapback]

:lol: fnarr fnarr..

179725[/snapback]

Ah, the good old Star! Me and my mates used to fuckin' rule that pub many moons ago! Fuckin' nails :crylaughin:

181447[/snapback]

ooer ...I'm scared !!! ;) Actually it was canny, mind you it has been done up somewhat since the last time I was in there and there was a gorgeous Australian behind the bar who was very helpful.. :lol:

181449[/snapback]

The aussie barman is my long-lost twin from Cairns. We were separated at birth. Oh, and he's not as good looking as me! :crylaughin:B)

181450[/snapback]

:lol:

You're sounding more desperate by the day!