Toon won't buy a Kuyt

Scottish Mag

Maybe GR was hoping that liverpool would not be able to find the cash and the deal would fall through.

This has to be one of the most depressing mornings for awhile unrelated to a match result. Other than martins who I know very little about, there doesn't seem to be a player that is actually worth the money out there so GR might spend for spending's sake. This tact has not got us very far in the past and all we need is another carl cort on a long term contract.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we're skint and we were never going to get Martins or Kuyt. The Martins age thing has conveniently stopped us buying him and now Kuyt has joined Liverpool, presumably something that was always going to happen.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we're skint and we were never going to get Martins or Kuyt. The Martins age thing has conveniently stopped us buying him and now Kuyt has joined Liverpool, presumably something that was always going to happen.

179907[/snapback]

If this is the case (and I'm not ruling it out) Roeder/The fat git want shooting for signing Duff!

179907[/snapback]

If this is the case (and I'm not ruling it out) Roeder/The fat git want shooting for signing Duff!

179910[/snapback]

The Duff signing is the one thing that makes me hopeful as it doesn't make any sense to sign him if we're broke. NUFC doesn't always make sense though does it?

there doesn't seem to be a player that is actually worth the money out there so GR might spend for spending's sake. This tact has not got us very far in the past and all we need is another carl cort on a long term contract.

179904[/snapback]

I can't see that happening from what Roeder has been saying. I think that he has gone too far the other way and is afraid to spend the money on anyone other than relatively proven talent which could mean we end up with no one.

Why? Only a complete idiot would knock back Duff at 5 mill.

And if we only had 5mill. it doesn't buy much of a striker anyway.

179915[/snapback]

What if we only had £10m though? Only an idiot would blow half of it then surely.

You could be right.

If there is not a proven talent then I would look at the likes of Nugent at a price we can afford. Just like we should have had Ashton ages ago. Other teams do it rather than lashing out the cash on supposed big names.

179915[/snapback]

What if we only had £10m though? Only an idiot would blow half of it then surely.

179919[/snapback]

No, everyone one knows a good scrap merchant buys a bargain because one day, one day someone might just need that specific product you bought and then you're gunna make millions!

Steptoe anyone?

This season is already a write off, Roeder will be the inevitable scape goat, perhaps to make way for Shearer who will have Owen back and £££££, and become the new messiah.

Let's hope Shepherd's gamble works, because if we seriously don't sign a striker soon we might be in real trouble.

This season is already a write off, Roeder will be the inevitable scape goat, perhaps to make way for Shearer who will have Owen back and £££££, and become the new messiah.

Let's hope Shepherd's gamble works, because if we seriously don't sign a striker soon we might be in real trouble.

179925[/snapback]

I've already done that conspiracy today as it happens. Not as implausible as it sounds. I was talking to my Dad about it last night. His opinion is that, basically, Roeder isn't being given a chance. The next fortnight will hopefully prove us wrong.

Look at the big picture.

N'Zogbia has not signed a new deal and can walk at the end of this season. A better  left sided player is available at 5 mill which may be the transfer coup of the year. No brainer.

179929[/snapback]

Don't make me laugh. Are you trying to say there some sort of rhyme and reason to our transfer policy now? We got Duff because he was available and Chelsea would sell to us - fine, he's a good player. How long have we known we need at least one striker if we're so good at forward planning?

179915[/snapback]

No, if we only had 5 million to spend, only a complete idiot wouldn't spend it all on a target man in our predicament. That's why I think we have significantly more...10m? 15m?

Look at the big picture.

N'Zogbia has not signed a new deal and can walk at the end of this season. A better  left sided player is available at 5 mill which may be the transfer coup of the year. No brainer.

179929[/snapback]

Sorry FS but fuck off, that's the mentality that has go the club into trouble before.

Offer Charlie a higher wage and keep him, don't buy his replacement and move him to the bench.

I posed the question in another thread last week, when was the last time the club kept a player for the most prolific part of their career? And Shearer doesn't count as he came home later in his career.

Newcastle probably more than any other top flight club in England needs a "darling." Hughie, wor Jackie, Pedro, big Al all define periods in the club, not always successful trophy filled times, but definitely good times. And in N'Zogbia we are looking at a player that can change a game and he is only 20/21!

He could be Newcastle's Cantona or Henry or he could just turn out to be the next Nobby but wouldn't you rather fight to keep him at the club then buy his "bargain" replacement and force him away?

179925[/snapback]

I've already done that conspiracy today as it happens. Not as implausible as it sounds. I was talking to my Dad about it last night. His opinion is that, basically, Roeder isn't being given a chance. The next fortnight will hopefully prove us wrong.

179930[/snapback]

Tbh I've thought this was the plan all along. This is probably why Roeder was the only manger we could get. No top manager would be interested in working under the conditions that Roeder has.

179925[/snapback]

179930[/snapback]

Tbh I've thought this was the plan all along. This is probably why Roeder was the only manger we could get. No top manager would be interested in working under the conditions that Roeder has.

179938[/snapback]

And Roeder to end up back in charge of the academy.

179925[/snapback]

So Fred's risking ruining the club so he has a scapegoat and can give the new messiah millions? Come on man, where are the millions for the new messiah coming from if he sinks the club? This also clashes with the season ticket sales conspiracies, how do we make that work?

That's as crazy as anything Bluf's ever come out with. Shepherd's not the shining beacon of brilliance that Leazes would have us believe but he's not the Dark fucking Lord either!

I'm not trying to justify our transfer policy....assuming we have one. I'm saying that occasionally opportunities to sign players come up that are just too good to knock back. Duff is definitely one of them.

Also, nobody on this board knows what's happening with N'zogbia as he's not signed a contract. If he's told GR that he's gone, it's not difficult to put 2+2 together on this one and thank God for the chance to get DD.

I'm not trying to justify our transfer policy....assuming we have one. I'm saying that occasionally opportunities to sign players come up that are just too good to knock back. Duff is definitely one of them.

Also, nobody on this board knows what's happening with N'zogbia as he's not signed a contract.  If he's told GR that he's gone, it's not difficult to put 2+2 together on this one and thank God for the chance to get DD.

179945[/snapback]

Fair do's. I agree with that.

I'm not really buying the Shearer conspiracy either. If we're not spending it's cos we've got no money, not because we're saving it for Shearer. Shepherd's ego will have taken a big dent by going to watch Kuyt last night only to be told he'd already missed out.

We'll see what happens, but hanging Roeder out to dry is too much of a gamble. You could have done that with the squad we had last season and hoped to stay up. This season, with no strikers, it's too big a gamble.

Also, nobody on this board knows what's happening with N'zogbia as he's not signed a contract.  If he's told GR that he's gone, it's not difficult to put 2+2 together on this one and thank God for the chance to get DD.

179945[/snapback]

179947[/snapback]

I do to an extent but not when your absolutely desperate for a striker.

Sammy....I don't know that you are forcing zog away. His contract has been sitting on the table long before DD signed. And nothing has been reported on negotiations so who the hell knows what is going on other than GR aand FS? I don't think I'd break the bank on zog at this point but I'd give him a very fair offer comparable to any other team.

179945[/snapback]

179947[/snapback]

Agree with what, another person who no association with the club speculation?

Fuck we are gullible.

It's almost as if we are trying the CM policy of don't play him and then that club that is scouting him won't bother because he's obviously not good enough for their starting 11.

FACT! Newcastle United have no transfer policy. FACT!

FACT! (Sorry leaze) The man in charge thinks he can run the club like his scrap yard and that he is doing others a favour for "taking it off your hands." FACT!

FACT! The club doesn't learn from experience. FACT!

FACT! In the last 25 years when we get a half decent, young creative midfielder with a future ahead of them, we let them go to another club instead of fighting tooth and nail to keep them and exploit their talents for our club! FACT!

FACT! We are a selling club and for all the wrong reasons and never to the benefit of Newcastle's future. FACT!

Edited by sammynb