Toon won't buy a Kuyt

Scottish Mag

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not trying to justify our transfer policy....assuming we have one. I'm saying that occasionally opportunities to sign players come up that are just too good to knock back. Duff is definitely one of them.

Also, nobody on this board knows what's happening with N'zogbia as he's not signed a contract.  If he's told GR that he's gone, it's not difficult to put 2+2 together on this one and thank God for the chance to get DD.

179945[/snapback]

Fair do's. I agree with that.

179947[/snapback]

Agree with what, another person who no association with the club speculation?

Fuck we are gullible.

It's almost as if we are trying the CM policy of don't play him and then that club that is scouting him won't bother because he's obviously not good enough for their starting 11.

FACT! Newcastle United have no transfer policy. FACT!

FACT! (Sorry leaze) The man in charge thinks he can run the club like his scrap yard and that he is doing other a favour for "taking it off your hands." FACT!

FACT! The club doesn't learn from experience. FACT!

FACT! In the last 25 years when we get a half decent, young creative midfielder with a future ahead of them, we let them go to another club instead of fighting tooth and nail to keep them and exploit their talents for our club! FACT!

FACT! We are a selling club and for all the wrong reasons and never to the benefit of Newcastle's future. FACT!

179953[/snapback]

No, I was agreeing that if it was the case re: Zog then I agreed. I.e. we're speculating here. And calm down <_<

You either start a sentence with FACT! or you end it with FACT!  To do both is bad form tbh.  FACT!

179954[/snapback]

Thanks Scotty but I've caught a case of your enthusiasm for the current plight and the FACT is I just want people to see the FACTS, actually can anyone refute them??? Or are they as I stated FACT?

You either start a sentence with FACT! or you end it with FACT!  To do both is bad form tbh.  FACT!

179954[/snapback]

Thanks Scotty but I've caught a case of your enthusiasm for the current plight and the FACT is I just want people to see the FACTS, actually can anyone refute them??? Or are they as I stated FACT?

179963[/snapback]

They're pretty much all either your opinion and possibly true or your opinion and utter shite. None of them are facts. FACT!

I'm not trying to justify our transfer policy....assuming we have one. I'm saying that occasionally opportunities to sign players come up that are just too good to knock back. Duff is definitely one of them.

Also, nobody on this board knows what's happening with N'zogbia as he's not signed a contract.  If he's told GR that he's gone, it's not difficult to put 2+2 together on this one and thank God for the chance to get DD.

179945[/snapback]

Fair do's. I agree with that.

179947[/snapback]

Agree with what, another person who no association with the club speculation?

Fuck we are gullible.

It's almost as if we are trying the CM policy of don't play him and then that club that is scouting him won't bother because he's obviously not good enough for their starting 11.

FACT! Newcastle United have no transfer policy. FACT!

FACT! (Sorry leaze) The man in charge thinks he can run the club like his scrap yard and that he is doing others a favour for "taking it off your hands." FACT!

FACT! The club doesn't learn from experience. FACT!

FACT! In the last 25 years when we get a half decent, young creative midfielder with a future ahead of them, we let them go to another club instead of fighting tooth and nail to keep them and exploit their talents for our club! FACT!

FACT! We are a selling club and for all the wrong reasons and never to the benefit of Newcastle's future. FACT!

179953[/snapback]

I agree with the statement that sometimes there are oppertunities to sign players that are just too good to miss and Duff would be one of those oppertunities.

I don't disagree that we have no transfer policy or that the fat man has no idea of how to make the club successful.

Sorry sammy. You lost me on the first sentence which doesn't make any sense.

179962[/snapback]

Try reading it in context to Alex's agreeing with your speculation.

Still doesn't work, read it slower.

You, like Alex and Gemmill and me are merely speculating on what is happening within the club because "we really don't know".

Now your specualtion that Duff was bought because N'Zogbia is refusing to sign a new contract is just that, speculating.

Alex's reply actually puts what you said into context"

No, I was agreeing that if it was the case re: Zog then I agreed. I.e. we're speculating here.

That help?

Oh Gemmill but we are, unfortunately the club likes to think of itself as an everythings a pound type shop.

Sorry sammy. You lost me on the first sentence which doesn't make any sense.

179962[/snapback]

Try reading it in context to Alex's agreeing with your speculation.

Still doesn't work, read it slower.

You, like Alex and Gemmill and me are merely speculating on what is happening within the club because "we really don't know".

Now your specualtion that Duff was bought because N'Zogbia is refusing to sign a new contract is just that, speculating.

Alex's reply actually puts what you said into context"

No, I was agreeing that if it was the case re: Zog then I agreed. I.e. we're speculating here.

That help?

Oh Gemmill but we are, unfortunately the club likes to think of itself as an everythings a pound type shop.

179969[/snapback]

How are we a selling club then Sammy?

179954[/snapback]

179963[/snapback]

They're pretty much all either your opinion and possibly true or your opinion and utter shite. None of them are facts. FACT!

179964[/snapback]

Alex, it's my arse and I want to show it.

(Hefe weiBbier what can I say it brings clarity.)

179954[/snapback]

179963[/snapback]

179964[/snapback]

Alex, it's my arse and I want to show it.

(Hefe weiBbier what can I say it brings clarity.)

179973[/snapback]

I'll ask again then. How are we a selling club? We haven't been since before KK was manager.

This whole episode has just proven what I've been thinking for a while now, that the club is run day to day with no long term plan. As for the Chronicle article, it's another piece of patronising spin from Fat Fred's mouthpiece.

This whole episode has just proven what I've been thinking for a while now, that the club is run day to day with no long term plan. As for the Chronicle article, it's another piece of patronising spin from Fat Fred's mouthpiece.

179975[/snapback]

That I do agree with, we've been here before though <_<

179969[/snapback]

179972[/snapback]

I said earlier:

I posed the question in another thread last week, when was the last time the club kept a player for the most prolific part of their career? And Shearer doesn't count as he came home later in his career.

Newcastle probably more than any other top flight club in England needs a "darling." Hughie, wor Jackie, Pedro, big Al all define periods in the club, not always successful trophy filled times, but definitely good times. And in N'Zogbia we are looking at a player that can change a game and he is only 20/21!

He could be Newcastle's Cantona or Henry or he could just turn out to be the next Nobby but wouldn't you rather fight to keep him at the club then buy his "bargain" replacement and force him away?

Pedro 1987, Waddle, Gazza, Cole, Sir Les, Ginola and in more recent times the bargain "trouble makers." Ok selling club was the wrong term but the club has a 25 year history of selling players at the wrong time and/or for the wrong reasons.

Don't you think Roeder would give his left nut for a striker of Bellamy's calibre at the moment?

Edited by sammynb

179975[/snapback]

That I do agree with, we've been here before though <_<

179977[/snapback]

Same time last season iirc. And the one before that.

This season is already a write off, Roeder will be the inevitable scape goat, perhaps to make way for Shearer who will have Owen back and £££££, and become the new messiah.

Let's hope Shepherd's gamble works, because if we seriously don't sign a striker soon we might be in real trouble.

179925[/snapback]

So Fred's risking ruining the club so he has a scapegoat and can give the new messiah millions? Come on man, where are the millions for the new messiah coming from if he sinks the club? This also clashes with the season ticket sales conspiracies, how do we make that work?

That's as crazy as anything Bluf's ever come out with. Shepherd's not the shining beacon of brilliance that Leazes would have us believe but he's not the Dark fucking Lord either!

179941[/snapback]

You're reading too much into my post. I'm simply saying it's obvious, to me at least, that this season is all about staying in the premiership, and nothing more. And even I think that should be easily achievable. And I'm saying Roeder is a stop gap manager who won't be trusted with major signings, and who is easily dispensible. I'm not saying there is any conspiracy, just that any ambition has totally gone out the window as we try and consolidate after the disastrous reign of Souness.

As for season ticket point - that's interesting. I think the gates will be sub 50000 on quite a few occassions this season, but Shepherd knows that is unavoidable. He can't afford to pull another Owen out the bag, and ironically Owen (along with others) is crippling us financially.

I have hardly posted on the Newcastle board this summer, and kick off proper is only 48 hours away. Quite frankly, I couldn't give a shit, my sense of apathy is completely overwhelming me, and I know there are literally thousands the same. All we're hoping for is a few good days and nights out, and the football is now secondary to that. So I won't be posting more negative stuff on this board any more, because frankly I can't be arsed. I'm just waiting for something significant to come along and get me enthused, even negatively enthused (!), but it won't happen this year I bet.

We used to be a selling club sammy. We're not any more and haven't been for a long time now. Ferdinand and Ginola were not examples of a selling club btw. Nobody wants N'Zogbia to leave, but Duff's a better player on the wing, so unless he plays in a midfield five, he'll have to sit out his fair share of games. He's only 20 though and he needs to understand this.

Sounded like Roeder is all too aware of what a talent we have on our hands, and I think we can trust him to look after the club's interests where N'Zogbia is concerned.

179969[/snapback]

179972[/snapback]

I said earlier:

I posed the question in another thread last week, when was the last time the club kept a player for the most prolific part of their career? And Shearer doesn't count as he came home later in his career.

Newcastle probably more than any other top flight club in England needs a "darling." Hughie, wor Jackie, Pedro, big Al all define periods in the club, not always successful trophy filled times, but definitely good times. And in N'Zogbia we are looking at a player that can change a game and he is only 20/21!

He could be Newcastle's Cantona or Henry or he could just turn out to be the next Nobby but wouldn't you rather fight to keep him at the club then buy his "bargain" replacement and force him away?

Pedro 1987, Waddle, Gazza, Cole, Sir Les, Ginola and in more recent times the bargain "trouble makers." Ok selling club was the wrong term but the club has a 25 year history of selling players at the wrong time and/or for the wrong reasons.

Don't you think Roeder would give his left nut for a striker of Bellamy's calibre at the moment?

179978[/snapback]

That's a different argument to the point you were making though. You should have said that instead of saying we are a selling club <_<

We used to be a selling club sammy.  We're not any more and haven't been for a long time now.  Ferdinand and Ginola were not examples of a selling club btw.  Nobody wants N'Zogbia to leave, but Duff's a better player on the wing, so unless he plays in a midfield five, he'll have to sit out his fair share of games.  He's only 20 though and he needs to understand this.

Sounded like Roeder is all too aware of what a talent we have on our hands, and I think we can trust him to look after the club's interests where N'Zogbia is concerned.

179981[/snapback]

Gemmill that's the first positive thing you've written in weeks but I think although you maybe right, the club is going about it in the wrong way.

And hopefully Charlie won't look at it in the same way I can see it.

I did say the term selling club was wrong and yes I know Ginola wanted to go but Sir Les didn't.

Newcastle's transfer activity is scuppered this year because of the splurge on Owen and Luque last year, I think they've hardly put a dent in that outlay never mind spend more cash on signings this year.

Personally I reckon the only reason we got Duff was because FF borrowed against the future earnings we'll get from the big tv contract next year.

Canny thread to read this.

Where N'Zogbia is concerned I think all efforts must be made to keep him, he's the sort of player to build a side around. Successful clubs aim for two good players in each position, if that's what Glenn's trying to do, good on him.

179969[/snapback]

179972[/snapback]

I said earlier:

179978[/snapback]

That's a different argument to the point you were making though. You should have said that instead of saying we are a selling club <_<

179984[/snapback]

:nufc:

We haven't been a selling club in the years since KK arrived. That's not to say we've been a wise buying club at the same time.

Selling ferdinand for 6mill was probably a good deal given that he was injured and nowhere near the player he was for us. Bit like manure getting rid of a player who was past it but still could command a fee. The injury to AS masks that fact. Cole was sold to finance Ferdinand as KK always wanted him.

By the way Sammy. I did read that sentence again about association with the club and as it's a form of pidgin english, the meaning is completely lost on me.

I kind of agree with Renton, I'm just looking forward to the excuse to go out on an all day bender.  <_<

179985[/snapback]

I'm with Renton too. The five of us who sit together have been saying for too long now that it's purely about the craic and a few pints after the match rather than the game itself.