Carr Injured

Gemmill

This news had completely passed me by, but apparently Carr picked up a hamstring injury on Wednesday night, so it's looking like Ramage at the weekend. Which is fantastic news.

Did anyone else know about this? <_<

Aye but don't worry. A big club like Newcastle with champions league pretensions has a squad that can cope with the loss of it's first choice right back.

We'll simply put the understudy in, as all good clubs have cover for every position.

It's only clubs with dickhead chairmen that waste money on panic buys and pop star signings that would draft in a centre half that's come up through the youth team.

From todays Chron:

Carr fit to face Latics

Stephen Carr has assured Glenn Roeder he will be ready for Saturday's opener with Wigan Athletic, despite damaging his hamstring last night.

Roeder was at Lansdowne Road last night when Carr, who was making his international return, did not come out for the second half as the Republic of Ireland were hammered 4-0 by Holland.

After the match, Irish manager Steve Staunton said he thought that Carr would be very doubtful for Saturday's game at St James' Park.

But United brought both Carr and Alan O'Brien back to Tyneside in their private plane, which touched down at Newcastle Airport just before midnight.

And I understand that because Carr came off at the interval, he told Roeder he was confident of making it on Saturday - and this is just the news the manager wanted to hear because the former Spurs man has been United's best defender in pre-season.

Damien Duff, who pulled out of the Irish squad with groin trouble and returned to Newcastle on Tuesday, has already assured Roeder that he will be OK to make his Premiership debut in a black-and-white shirt against Wigan.

However, along with Shay Given, who hurt his back in Latvia last Thursday, the Irish contingent all had their injuries assessed by the United medical staff today.

O'Brien was in for a massage after making his international debut for the Republic, and Roeder will have been encouraged by the pacey left winger's performance.

Both Steven Taylor and James Milner returned home unscathed from England Under-21 duty against Moldova at Ipswich on Tuesday night.

And Jean Alain Boumsong played an hour for France in their friendly victory over Bosnia-Herzegovina in Sarajevo last night, although he is behind Titus Bramble, Craig Moore and Taylor in the pecking order at the heart of the United defence.

Yeh its true like.

I think FFS would do better running a bookmakers and not a football club or a record label!

(ps respect to the MP lyrics in your sig!)

Cheers bud, they are a cracking band like.

179872[/snapback]

Seen em 8 times , class every time! <_<

Still at leeds i might go see Pearl jam for something different but i doubt it:D