Glenn's strikers pledge

Scottish Mag

I reckon you're looking at 5 or 6 million for Nugent.  Depends how much Preston feel they can take the piss/how desperate they are to keep him really.

180769[/snapback]

Exactly, Birmingham paying 4 million for McSheffrey done us no favours at all. Nugent is better IMO and leaves Preston in a position to demand quite a bit more than what the Brummies paid..

180773[/snapback]

Yeah, but Cov knew Brum were desperate for a striker............. :(:(

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon you're looking at 5 or 6 million for Nugent.  Depends how much Preston feel they can take the piss/how desperate they are to keep him really.

180769[/snapback]

Exactly, Birmingham paying 4 million for McSheffrey done us no favours at all. Nugent is better IMO and leaves Preston in a position to demand quite a bit more than what the Brummies paid..

180773[/snapback]

Thank god we can get Klose for 7m then...

People might moaning about inflated for the likes of Kuijt or Martins, but the prices for any English player who doesn't trip himself regularly are also ridiculous.

We've all heard the name, but has anyone got any actual first-hand experience of how good this Ted Nugent is??

Would love us to buy him and he were to out-score (the 'B' Word) and Kyuiiyut.

180772[/snapback]

Would be a good buy, but not worth more than 2 million.

Could potentially be a good premiership player, and isn't all that disimilar to Dave Kitson (cracking player).

Would be good for about 10-15 goals should he sign.

They approached his agent, suggestion was that we were looking at others but if that didn't happen then he was on the shortlist. Also said that we don't see Nugent as being the finished article, which is what we are desperate for at the moment, but he is being considered as they think he has massive potential. Suppose this would tie in Roeder saying there are 2 or 3 in the Champ that could do a job.

I think that Preston are resigned to losing him in the near future and they are fairly desperate for the cash so may not have to pay way over the odds for him, but as seen recently with the likes of Carrick, Pennant and Heskey it seems you have to pay over the the top to buy players from another English club.

Certainly not saying this is a done deal but the interest is there. And i'm as clueless as everyone else as to who else we are after striker wise.

Man, I should have put money on the club having no number 9 at the start of the League season. It was like a self fulfilling prophecy, we all knew it was going to happen. Might as well have made something out of it. (will do next season)

18augkirtheadqoutepz5.jpg

:(

180618[/snapback]

How is it a self fulfilling prophecy?

180621[/snapback]

well... the fact that we needed to get a number nine brought up the idea that it would be typical of Newcastle to not find a replacement in time... Making Newcastle hesitant over who to pick, as it had to be the right man, up to the day today when no replacement has been found. :(

We've all heard the name, but has anyone got any actual first-hand experience of how good this Ted Nugent is??

180772[/snapback]

He's awsome on lead :(

tednugent.jpg

180772[/snapback]

tednugent.jpg

180915[/snapback]

I wondered which old fart would have heard of him! :(

Guest Patrokles
I wondered which old fart would have heard of him! :(

180987[/snapback]

I maybe old hips but I'd much rather give them hell!

richardhell.jpg

180999[/snapback]

Quine, tbh.

180772[/snapback]

tednugent.jpg

180915[/snapback]

Ted Nugent - Legend in his own Loincloth STONECOLDFACT!