Chelsea agree fee for Boulahrouz

Scottish Mag

Chelsea are poised to sign Dutch international defender Khalid Boulahrouz after agreeing a deal with German club Hamburg SV.

Boulahrouz, 24, is due to travel to London at the weekend to discuss personal terms and undergo a medical.

Nicknamed "Khalid the Cannibal", Boulahrouz joined Hamburg from RKC Waalwijk in the summer of 2004.

Capped 15 times by Holland, Boulahrouz has become a key member of Dutch coach Marco van Basten' side.

The defender impressed during the World Cup, though he was red-carded in Holland's defeat to Portugal in the last 16 stage.

Boulahrouz's arrival is unlikely to affect Chelsea's pursuit of Cole as the Dutch player plays on the right side of the defence.

He is a central defender, and good one. The deal came out of the blue, but I can see Hamburg going for Boumpong now.

180663[/snapback]

Well they should have money now, so hopefully they will buy rather than loan..

180671[/snapback]

Depends on the price I reckon. The wages alone are normally exorbitant compared to what players in Jormany normally get. I also reckon they might have other options up their sleeves. They did fantastic pieces of business in recent years and getting Boulahrouz for 1.5m and selling him for probably 15m is good business.

I've been nothing but impressed with Hamburg's progress in the past couple of years i must admit, they've brought in some cracking players for good business too.

He is a central defender, and good one. The deal came out of the blue, but I can see Hamburg going for Boumpong now.

180663[/snapback]

Oh! I read this story on teletext and they said he is a LB/CB. I, naturally, put 2 & 2 together - getting 5 - and thought that Bridge would, therefore, be heading this way and Cole would be going to Chewsee :(

Guest Patrokles
He doesn't have the Dutchest of names, does he?  :(

180701[/snapback]

He's the Zlatan Ibrahimovic of Dutch football. names. Dutch football names.

Guest Patrokles
He doesn't have the Dutchest of names, does he?  :(

180701[/snapback]

He's the Zlatan Ibrahimovic of Dutch football. names. Dutch football names.

180708[/snapback]

There's an echo :(

180711[/snapback]

... cho, cho :lol: