This must STOP

Guest Patrokles

"This must stop."

But it's ok to remake classics like Jaws, Jason and The Argonauts and Westworld?

I wouldn't mind seeing a remake of M, something to really take the piss out of the News of The World.

I posted a thread about this on N-O a couple of weeks ago, and Gemmill, you're still wrong.

The crowning glory of this new Wicker Man is that instead of being a virgin, which the producers thought was too unrealistic, the sheriff, as he now is, is instead allergic to bees and suffers from attacks by killer bees. What the frig is going on there?

HF, I'm very disappointed you haven't seen Get Carter, the real one that is, not the shit one with Sly.

I can think of a good remake though - The Thing was miles better than The Thing From Another World.

Guest Patrokles
"This must stop."

But it's ok to remake classics like Jaws, Jason and The Argonauts and Westworld?

I wouldn't mind seeing a remake of M, something to really take the piss out of the News of The World.

181265[/snapback]

Nah, the Jaws thing was- I believe- just a reference to which horror film they'd remake, rather than a request to have it done.

I like the original, although it has dated a bit. It's got that creepy feel that you only seem to get with 1970's British Horrors. No doubt the remake will be shit but most Hollywood blockbusters are pretty wank anyway.

HF, I'm very disappointed you haven't seen Get Carter, the real one that is, not the shit one with Sly.

181272[/snapback]

When you've seen a Tarantino film, you can look down on me.

Until then, shut it! :lol:

181272[/snapback]

When you've seen a Tarantino film, you can look down on me.

Until then, shut it! :lol:

181775[/snapback]

Get Carter is a bit boring iirc. Haven't seen it for years. Classic moment obviously comes when Alf Roberts get lobbed off Gateshead Multistorey Car Park.

Get Carter's another 70s film that's basically not that good btw.  FACT!

181781[/snapback]

Bollocks it's a classic.

181822[/snapback]

Its amazing how run down the town looks in the film though.

181781[/snapback]

Bollocks it's a classic.

181822[/snapback]

It's shit man. I swear a lot of people up here only like it because you can recognise places on it. It's dreary as owt.

181781[/snapback]

Bollocks it's a classic.

181822[/snapback]

It's shit man. I swear a lot of people up here only like it because you can recognise places on it. It's dreary as owt.

181836[/snapback]

Spender was good too.

Charlie and the fucking chocolate factory, or Willie wonka's chocolate cock or whatever it's called! The original was a classic! The remake was toss (apart from the umpa lumpa songs) and missed a vital part of the story out...

In the original, the kids had to sign an agreement before they went into the factory to say that they weren't going to touch anything unless they had permission etc. In the remake they completely missed it out, thus changing the storyline, i.e. who won the choc factory! The ending was crap too...

Charlie and the fucking chocolate factory, or Willie wonka's chocolate cock or whatever it's called! The original was a classic! The remake was toss (apart from the umpa lumpa songs) and missed a vital part of the story out...

In the original, the kids had to sign an agreement before they went into the factory to say that they weren't going to touch anything unless they had permission etc. In the remake they completely missed it out, thus changing the storyline, i.e. who won the choc factory! The ending was crap too...

182329[/snapback]

Ditto...watched it yesterday too...Johnny Depp is one weird dude.. :blush:

It is annoying that time is wasted with remakes when there are so many good ideas out there that aren't being made. Off the top of my head, I remember reading a short story by Stephen King called "The Ten O'Clock People" that I really enjoyed. Why not find an idea like this and make the movie version?

Risk taking is surely the way that classic original movies are made.

181781[/snapback]

Bollocks it's a classic.

181822[/snapback]

181836[/snapback]

Lot's of memories of me youth up at Blackhall rocks. :blush:

Although not really a horror i do prefer the remake of Cape Fear.