My Big Brother Changes For Next Year

Mad-on-the-cocks

I think what's best about Big Brother is that the tasks aren't the focus of the show. Very little of the airtime that I've seen is dedicated to their efforts on the tasks. Look at I'm a Celebrity and desparate to get on TV, it's whole thrust is toward getting a c-lister to eat a cockroach which quickly becomes boring. The BB producers seem to realise that a failed task leaving a reduced budget leads to hungry, miserable, sober housemates which doesn't entertain. In making the tasks simpler there is far more scope for drunken antics of a humorous nature.

it's fair to say the original idea was a good one, but now people who apply, do so to become z-list celebrities.. not to be part of some marvellous experiment.

it's fair to say the original idea was a good one, but now people who apply, do so to become z-list celebrities.. not to be part of some marvellous experiment.

181355[/snapback]

I actually got through to the third lot of auditions in the year that boring Cameron won it ! Not to be a " z list" celebrity but I just wanted to bring some real life to it, have a few laughs along the way and most likely get booted out in week 1 or 2 for telling the wannabes what a bunch of pricks they were ;) agree with PP now tho, from being an avid fan and not missing any live feed I have only vaguely been interested in anything this years lot have got up to since about week 7. Never mind...at least we have the X factor back on now :lol:

Guest Patrokles

Hypothetical question. say a contestant in the house was showing clear signs of being about to kill themselves- ie, a failed attempt or two already. But say that, because of this, the viewing figures SOARED. Do you think the producers would pull them out of the house and lose a huge chunk of the audience, or just make sure they had a team of paramedics on standby for when the inevitable did happen?

Hypothetical question. say a contestant in the house was showing clear signs of being about to kill themselves- ie, a failed attempt or two already. But say that, because of this, the viewing figures SOARED. Do you think the producers would pull them out of the house and lose a huge chunk of the audience, or just make sure they had a team of paramedics on standby for when the inevitable did happen?

181493[/snapback]

Have you read Dead Famous ?? altho that was fiction and there was a murrrder they kept them in the house! You never know just how far the execs will go for the ratings.. :lol:

I am pleased to say I have not watched 1 minute of this series of BB and possibly only watched 2 minutes of the last one. Oh, and I'm still alive :lol:

Sitting over sunday dinner last week -

Snakehips: 'BB is only for the brain-dead of the population.'

Mother-in-law: 'I watch it.'

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I haven't quite come to a conclusion on the debate ;)