Top of Injury Table already!

East Stander

Newcastle United match-winner Shola Ameobi is hoping his injury jinx has not struck again.

The angular striker stated his case to be Alan Shearer's long-term successor with the decisive goal in Saturday's 2-1 victory at home to Wigan Athletic.

But Ameobi's contribution came at a cost as he was later forced out of the game after picking up an injury.

The 24-year-old, who has suffered with a long-standing hip complaint, is rated doubtful for the midweek Uefa Cup tie with Ventspils.

Ameobi, though, admits he is unsure how serious his latest injury is and feels it is connected to his hip troubles.

"I had to come off today with a little problem," Ameobi told Sky Sports News.

"The problem with my hip has been going on for a while now and my hamstring, which is not looking good at the moment.

"But we'll see how it is.

"I couldn't tell you (how long he will be out) at the moment.

"We will have to see how it settles down and see what the physios say."

Why did they not operate on his fucking hip in the summer?! A second season where we've just given him injections and in the very first game he's having bother with it ffs.

Can't believe they have Butt down as injured with a migraine. :lol: What next, "sniffles"?

Very worrying about Shola. Sounds like he is sure out for thursdays game and though we have a one goal start, we cant take it forgranted. Plus Shola has a good record in these sort of ties.

Very worrying about Shola.  Sounds like he is sure out for thursdays game and though we have a one goal start, we cant take it forgranted.  Plus Shola has a good record in these sort of ties.

181322[/snapback]

Luque up front on his own it is then. :lol:

Typical NUFC injury curse. We have one striker so before the game i said how long till he gets injured and it was nailed on if he played well and scored he'd pick up an injury.

The hip thing has been going on way too long though and should have been sorted out a year ago.