Sign in to follow this  
goldman

'Bow's a Bell-ter'

from NOTW

"Bowyer was the inspirational orchestrator...set up all three strikes, hit the post and his dynamism earned him a standing ovation..."

WTF? he was a hopeless headless chicken for us , ruuning around doing nothing, hardly scoring and certainly never orchestrating anything other than punch-ups. I dislike him even more than i previously did, and that's rather a lot.

Twunt.

Probably a Hammer that's written the article or something. The press despised Bowyer when he played for us a lot more than they will now that he's at a Laaaahndan club.

On MotD he looked like one of the players of the weekend - a shoo in forEnland

Never, ever, ever played like that for us

must be the Lahndahn Smog that get shim going

I don't get that headline at all.

181361[/snapback]

I assume it's a word play on Bowyer being a Cockney, i.e. anyone born within the sound of Bow bell. Not a very good headline tbh.

He played a bit like that against Spurs and had another couple of good games before he was crocked but I do think theres an element of him "wanting" it more at West Ham.

He seems to be playing a more of a free role for West Ham, which he wasnt really allowed to do for us. It's only one game and they were playing against 10 men.

Guest alex

In fairness to Bowyer, how often did he start consecutive games for us playing in his best role, i.e. centre-mid?

The confusing part was that I read a quote from Bowyer on Sunday morning saying he thought he'd had a poor game and that he promised the West Ham fans he'd get better, yet he set up 3 goals.