Luque

Kid Dynamite

Looking more and more likely that hes going to turn into a failure of rebrov proportions. Roeder obviously just doesnt fancy him and would rather play 1 up front than give our £9mil man a game. He looks totally off the pace when he does come on and just isnt suited to the english game at all. I think we have missed the boat this summer too in regards to recoupling some money back off him from spain.

That 9mil could have been the difference between signing 1 or 2 wolrd class strikers this summer :lol:

Unless Luque is a make-weight in a striker deal this week, we might desperatly need Luque if Shola doesn't make it for this weeks games.

I can see Roeder playing Milner and Duff up front with Luque on the bench again.

181356[/snapback]

If he doesn't want Luque cup-tied he has little choice, or maybe bringing in O'Brien.

Guest Patrokles

Thing is, though, when you hear players interviewed, none of them mention Luque as a striker. Time after time it's been, 'well, we know we've only got Shola up front'- what does that suggest? In fact, recently Roeder's been the only one to mention Luque as a striker.

I still honestly think if given the oportunity, Luque can do a job for us up front.

181363[/snapback]

I had all but given up on him, but I thought he showed a lot more yesterday than he has recently. Took the marginally offside goal very well, and was trying to win balls in the air, He won more than Shola did in the entire time he was on; but we seem to be playing like Shearer is still in the team, we don't have that kind of player any more, if we adapt to what we have available maybe Luque can play along side a pacy striker like Martins.

Guest Patrokles

I think it's an interesting point now; if we do get Martins, would a better partnership be him and Luque, or him and Ameobi? I think it's a moot point too, because I think Glenn has already more or less said it'll be the latter.

Luque needs a good run in the team, he's not getting to get any confidence when he's sitting on the bench while Ameobi plays.

I doubt he'll start against Ventspils either, as Glen seems keen not to get him cup-tied.

I don't think Luque has shown that much in his time here and Roeder obviously doesn't like what he sees. But until i see the bloke get a decent run in the team starting games and playign with soem level of confidence and full fitness i will reserve my judgement.

He's show the odd flash of what he can do and maybe it will turn out that he isn't cut out for the prem, but so far he hasn't had a decent crack at it yet for me to write him off completely yet.

If Luque's given a fucking chance, we'd only need to sign Martins as opposed to two strikers.

But no, Roeder's just a twat.

181502[/snapback]

Shut it Manson. :lol:

Roeder sees him day in day out. If he deserved a chance he'd get it.

Roeders record in competitive games here is impeccable. Dont see your problem tbh.

Edited by Holden McGroin

If Luque's given a fucking chance, we'd only need to sign Martins as opposed to two strikers.

181502[/snapback]

Roders record in competitive games here is impeccable. Dont see your problem tbh.

181506[/snapback]

Based on what he's been doing on the pitch in the chances he's been given, why the fuck is Luque left out and we play 4-5-1, when we know full well it's a terrible formation which the last shoddy manager utilised often.

How many articles have we seen from Roeder that Luque can be a big player for us, that he's going to be given a chance this season, yet he's still on the bench?

This transfer window as a whole has been ridiculous, yet still Roeder has been convinced we're signing someone on the next few days for about month.

That's my problem tbh.

181502[/snapback]

Roders record in competitive games here is impeccable. Dont see your problem tbh.

181506[/snapback]

Based on what he's been doing on the pitch in the chances he's been given, why the fuck is Luque left out and we play 4-5-1, when we know full well it's a terrible formation which the last shoddy manager utilised often.

How many articles have we seen from Roeder that Luque can be a big player for us, that he's going to be given a chance this season, yet he's still on the bench?

This transfer window as a whole has been ridiculous, yet still Roeder has been convinced we're signing someone on the next few days for about month.

That's my problem tbh.

181508[/snapback]

I personally just think he is trying to "big him up" so we can get a decent transfer fee for him.... According to rumour he has shown no interest in learning the language and shows no real determination. Cant see him adjusting tbh. Would like to see it though.

Luque doesn't even resemble a footballer imo, his body language is all wrong.

As for the striker crisis we have a player who could do a job up front, Charlie, he's fast, got a trick and a cracking shot on him. Playing him just off Ameobi for the knockdowns etc might just work and lets face it we haven't got much choice at the minute

Gonna quote myself from the zoggy thread.

I'd prefer to keep zoggy on the left of midfield.

I reckon that luque would be better suited to playing alongside a more 'inteligent' player like duff rather than ameobi.

duff seems to spend a lot of time in the middle or on the right and i reckon that if he was given a free role just off luque then we'd get the best out of all three players.

:lol:

Gonna quote myself from the zoggy thread.

I'd prefer to keep zoggy on the left of midfield.

I reckon that luque would be better suited to playing alongside a more 'inteligent' player like duff rather than ameobi.

duff seems to spend a lot of time in the middle or on the right and i reckon that if he was given a free role just off luque then we'd get the best out of all three players.

:lol:

181613[/snapback]

Luque rather needs someone with a pitchfork in his hand alongside him who makes him run tbh

I still honestly think if given the oportunity, Luque can do a job for us up front.

181363[/snapback]

You are joking of course.................aren't you!

He has been on the pitch enough times, be it as a starter or a substitute, to show he can add something to the teams prospects but up until now he has been a flop considering the amount of money paid for him.

He has been given the opportunities to show his worth to the club, and us, how many opportunities should he be given?