Martins set for Newcastle move

Scottish Mag

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He wants to be class for £10m.  Good news though.  Get him in the team for Thursday, Glennis.

182533[/snapback]

Won't have been registered will he in time for the round?

He wants to be class for £10m.  Good news though.  Get him in the team for Thursday, Glennis.

182533[/snapback]

Won't have been registered will he in time for the round?

182535[/snapback]

Aye you're probably right. I'm just hoping for something to liven things up. Shame his first league game will be away.

I'm still living in hope that having a Lua-Lua like figure will get the very best out of Ameobi a la Barcelona & Leverkusen in the Champions League.

182546[/snapback]

The opposition defences were very poor in those games tbf. Gave him soooo much space.

Martins will create space because of his speed but Shola's still got a lot to do to even be described as an average striker imo.

I'm still living in hope that having a Lua-Lua like figure will get the very best out of Ameobi a la Barcelona & Leverkusen in the Champions League.

182546[/snapback]

The opposition defences were very poor in those games tbf. Gave him soooo much space.

Martins will create space because of his speed but Shola's still got a lot to do to even be described as an average striker imo.

182554[/snapback]

I'll agree with the Leverkusen game, but Barcelona definitely not. Ameobi ran them ragged.

Shola needs someone with a bit of pace and movement alongside him so in that respect it's a good thing and it will help his game. It should also give the midfield a lot more passing options than at present.

182546[/snapback]

182554[/snapback]

I'll agree with the Leverkusen game, but Barcelona definitely not. Ameobi ran them ragged.

182559[/snapback]

Away you mean? He took his goal well and played alright. He didn't run them ragged though. 4-1 to them wasn't it?

Guest Patrokles

182546[/snapback]

182554[/snapback]

182559[/snapback]

Away you mean? He took his goal well and played alright. He didn't run them ragged though. 4-1 to them wasn't it?

182564[/snapback]

I don't know, he was pretty good that night. Could have had a couple.

What a transformation btw that Cris has made since his days at Leverkusen.  :blush:

182580[/snapback]

Evidence that a change of scenery can get the best out of a player.

*cough* Boumsong *cough*

182583[/snapback]

In Boumsong's case going to a country where the style of football is less physical is bound to help. Dropping down a league won't do him any harm either :blush:

Shola needs someone with a bit of pace and movement alongside him so in that respect it's a good thing and it will help his game. It should also give the midfield a lot more passing options than at present.

182561[/snapback]

It will create space for everyone. Without pace in our side the opposition just squeeze up until there is no room for a midf to get his head up and have a look to pick a pass. It will help the likes of Emre and Solano immensley i reckon.

The 2 things we lack now imo, are someone who can head the ball and someone who can come deep and link play between the midf and attack. A Beardsley type player, we don't have anyone natural to this role. I don't what Dyer's good tbh nor Luque nor Milner for that matter as i've seen so little and it's not Duff's natural game. Zoggy might have it in him though.

In the meantime, we need someone who can head it for a bit of variation or or we will see at SJP is teams sitting deep and leaving no space behind them.

Anyone else make anything of the article in the Journal that we're trying to get Klose even after "securing" Martins? I'm taking it with a pinch of salt but that's still another 5-10m striker (in the club's valuation).