Martins set for Newcastle move

Scottish Mag

Newcastle>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dog poo>>>>>>>>Dole Que>>>Portsmouth

182659[/snapback]

I saw some white dog poo a few weeks back, thought they'd discontinued it since the eighties.

182660[/snapback]

my theory is that it never comes out white and turns over a period of time. these days because owners have to clean up after their dog there are less left for long enough to turn white.

I know Im probably wrong like but its a theory anyway

182664[/snapback]

No you are right. It never comes out white!

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's the dude who works in the club shop and told us about all the O's and E's coming into the shop for the back of shirts prior to Owen coming in??

We need him to tell us a load of M's, T's and N's have arrived.

If Martins does decide to go to Pompey, then he is definitely not the type of guy we want here; it would be painful, but an indication that he would want to move somewhere else if he had been a big hit here and then a 'bigger' club came in for him at a later date.

Who's the dude who works in the club shop and told us about all the O's and E's coming into the shop for the back of shirts prior to Owen coming in??

I've already asked Mr Flintoff that and said there was nothing in on Sunday. :blush:

He won't go to Portsmouth.

182629[/snapback]

why not einstein? :blush:

182632[/snapback]

Because they're not in Europe, not likely to get into Europe, have a shite ground, a wanker of a manager, and some bloke in the crowd who annoys the fuck out of everyone there!

182655[/snapback]

Didn't Man City nick Distin from under our noses after we had him on loan and we were in the Champs League then.

If Martins does decide to go to Pompey, then he is definitely not the type of guy we want here; it would be painful, but an indication that he would want to move somewhere else if he had been a big hit here and then a 'bigger' club came in for him at a later date.

182668[/snapback]

You could argue:

see; Duff, Damien and Owen, Michael

Guest Patrokles
He won't go to Portsmouth.

182629[/snapback]

why not einstein? :blush:

182632[/snapback]

Because they're not in Europe, not likely to get into Europe, have a shite ground, a wanker of a manager, and some bloke in the crowd who annoys the fuck out of everyone there!

182655[/snapback]

They are closer to Lahndan though :|

182657[/snapback]

Nah, that's completely irrelevent. Unless a club is actually in short commuting distance, the London factor doesn't matter whatsoever, because it's not as though ANYWHERE in this country is particularly far from anywhere else, especially when money is no object. A short flight from newcastle is much the same as a short train ride/drive from the south coast.

It would have been nice if we could have done this on the quiet really. I don't see a lot of benefit in confirming that we've agreed a fee and that the agent and the player are mulling over terms. Better to say something when the players signed the contract.

I know it's probable that we weren't the sole source for this information, but it's just a thought for the fat one in future....hopefully it doesn't harm us this time.

It would have been nice if we could have done this on the quiet really.  I don't see a lot of benefit in confirming that we've agreed a fee and that the agent and the player are mulling over terms.  Better to say something when the players signed the contract.

That's not the Newcastle way.

Guest Patrokles
It would have been nice if we could have done this on the quiet really.  I don't see a lot of benefit in confirming that we've agreed a fee and that the agent and the player are mulling over terms.  Better to say something when the players signed the contract.

I know it's probable that we weren't the sole source for this information, but it's just a thought for the fat one in future....hopefully it doesn't harm us this time.

182694[/snapback]

Well, if you consider how the Duff transfer went, I think this may be more due to Martins' agent and Martins himself.

182694[/snapback]

Jaysus, you are never happy. They probably did it to shut you up moaning about the way we werent going to sign anybody. You are worse than renton and wullie combined these days. Once he signs you will be moaning about how much money we have wasted. :blush:

182694[/snapback]

Jaysus, you are never happy. They probably did it to shut you up moaning about the way we werent going to sign anybody. You are worse than renton and wullie combined these days. Once he signs you will be moaning about how much money we have wasted. :blush:

182703[/snapback]

:blush: Even as I was typing I was thinking "some fucker will pick you up for twisting on about having heard nowt for weeks". :blush: Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic that we're hopefully signing him, and as far as price goes, I've given up trying to work out where Shepherd is getting all the money for these signings from. :blush:

I just think it would be a shame if this one does get hijacked at the last minute, and the more we keep shtum the less likely that is to happen.

So there! :panic:

I have become a bit of a misery of late though - normal service will be resumed if we come out of the transfer window looking ok.

Worried about Portsmouth tbh, they have LOTS OF CASH, and the prospect of playing with Campbell instead of Bramble might tempt him. :blush:

182710[/snapback]

Any chance you could teach GafferTape this skill?

a girl i know did a blue poo once after drinking too much blue caraco

182670[/snapback]

I once thought I'd need a trip to casualty until I realised I'd eaten a lot of beetroot.

Worried about Portsmouth tbh, they have LOTS OF CASH, and the prospect of playing with Campbell instead of Bramble might tempt him. :blush:

182710[/snapback]

I have to agree.....they certainly have the resources to hijack this deal........but..I remain positive....I am sure he will be a Newcastle but the end of day tomorrow.??

FINGERS CROSSED.