Boumsong

Baggio

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<-- Damien's praying over there, too.

In talks with Juventus over a possible move, fee reported to be in the region of £2.5 million.

SSN now.

181417[/snapback]

Please God.

Edited by DotBum

I hope we are going to attempt to replace him.  I know everyone thinks he had a nightmare time here but the thought of Ramage taking his place in the squad doesn't fill me with any more confidence..

181420[/snapback]

We'll easily get better cover for that fee & wages.

£2.5m :lol:

Still, I suppose it's better than a loan deal. As has been said though, hopefully we will try to replace him until the end of the month. Some sort of short-term deal for an experienced player would be good.

I expect to see the likes of Huth and Distin linked over the next week.

181457[/snapback]

Distin would be a decent signing but Boro are prepared to pay £4.5 million for him even though he's only got 12 months on his contract :lol:

I'd prefer us to go for Ben Haim from Bolton, he was linked with us recently and he also only has 12 months left on his contract.

181457[/snapback]

Distin would be a decent signing but Boro are prepared to pay £4.5 million for him even though he's only got 12 months on his contract :lol:

I'd prefer us to go for Ben Haim from Bolton, he was linked with us recently and he also only has 12 months left on his contract.

181458[/snapback]

If Ben Haim was linked with us, we should sign him regardless of the Boumsong situation. Better than Moore, Bramble, Ramage, Boumsong and Taylor tbh

181457[/snapback]

181458[/snapback]

If Ben Haim was linked with us, we should sign him regardless of the Boumsong situation. Better than Moore, Bramble, Ramage, Boumsong and Taylor tbh

181474[/snapback]

Linked 2 weeks ago ;)

Clicky

Not a great price for Boumsong, but lets face it, its about all he's worth !!

The only person to blame is Souness.

Better to get £2.5m than to let him rot in the reserves, he must be on a good £40k a week at least, better to get rid than waste that kind of money.

Not a great price for Boumsong, but lets face it, its about all he's worth !!

The only person to blame is Souness.

Better to get £2.5m than to let him rot in the reserves, he must be on a good £40k a week at least, better to get rid than waste that kind of money.

181483[/snapback]

Yeah, its seriously annoying that Souness the cockend has cost us about £6m on the player, but who is likely to pay more than this for him and it gets his wages off the bill as well.

If the £2.5m can go towards a decent replacement for him then Roeder will have made the best of yet more shite Souness has left him in.

Might do alright over there, who knows.  If I was Juventus, would I fuck be taking the risk though.

181437[/snapback]

Agreed, lets not forget he looked class for Auxerre and Rangers, Italian football might bring the best out of him, might be worth slipping in a sell on fee clause.

Might do alright over there, who knows.  If I was Juventus, would I fuck be taking the risk though.

181437[/snapback]

Maybe signing Boumsong is part of the punishment from the Italian FA? "Ok, we reduce your point deduction from 30 to 17 points but you have to sign Boumsong then."

181437[/snapback]

Maybe signing Boumsong is part of the punishment from the Italian FA? "Ok, we reduce your point deduction from 30 to 17 points but you have to sign Boumsong then."

181547[/snapback]

Nice one,but Deschamps is a huge fan,obviously hasn't seen him play for 18 months.Italian division 2 about Boumsongs level.Whenever they get promotion,Juve will drop him like a stone. :lol:

Edited by billytray

Boum set to join Juventus in £4.5m deal

Aug 21 2006

By Alan Oliver, The Evening Chronicle

Jean Alain Boumsong was in Turin today, hoping to complete a £4.5m transfer to Juventus.

The Newcastle United defender travelled to Italy last night for a medical after earlier in the day training with the rest of Glenn Roeder's first-team squad and then turning down a move to Bundesliga outfit Hamburg.

And having gone this far it seems a good bet that Boumsong will join Juventus who, of course, were relegated to Serie B after a match fixing scandal.

If he does move it will be a permanent transfer, leaving Freddy Shepherd and Glenn Roeder to reflect on the fact that they did well to keep their nerve and reject overtures from French clubs Lens, Monaco, Bordeaux and Marseille who only wanted to take the 26-year-old defender on a 12-month loan with United also picking up half of his monthly wages of e200,000.

Roeder made it clear just where Boumsong stands in the pecking order when the man Graeme Souness handed £8.5m to Rangers for could not even get onto the substitutes bench for Saturday's Premiership opener with Wigan Athletic at St James' Park.

Indeed Boumsong's last start was in the defeat at Charlton Athletic in March and since then United have won nine and drawn two of the 11 competitive games they have played.

Meanwhile, United fans woke up yesterday morning to headlines saying that Arsenal had offered Ashley Cole to them to prevent the England left back going to Chelsea.

But even bearing in mind Cole's new wife Cheryl Tweedy is a Geordie girl and proud of it, there is absolutely no chance of Cole ending up at St James' Park.

Roeder told me today: "I am afraid this is all fantasy island stuff and we definitely have not heard anything from Arsenal about this."

What Roeder wants to hear is that Cole has completed his move to Stamford Bridge so that he can get another England left back Wayne Bridge who played in Chelsea's win over Manchester City up to St James' Park before the transfer window closes a week on Thursday.