pakistan on strike!!!

Rob W

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fined 5 runs + 3 overs for ball tampering - now won't come out of the dressing room to restart after tea!!!!!

I blame Souness me 'sel like

181478[/snapback]

:lol: watching it now...it's quite funny, nobody seems to know what to say or do !!

How can they be accused without evidence? The ball was over 50 overs old and had been hit into the stands a few times. Could that not account for the damage? I haven't seen any footage yet of a player caught in the act.

181551[/snapback]

Reverse of last time many years ago when TV cameras quite clearly showed a Pakistan bowler gouging/tampering with the ball and the ball itself clearly showed what had been done, yet they got away with it.

How can they be accused without evidence? The ball was over 50 overs old and had been hit into the stands a few times. Could that not account for the damage? I haven't seen any footage yet of a player caught in the act.

181551[/snapback]

Yep.

You would think that with so many cameras around these days they would pick up anything of the sort. Furthurmore, the umpires havent pointed out who did it or when.

The funny thing is, the pakistan cricket board requested the ECB to appoint other umpires for the tour, since these two have been involved in so many scandals with us. The ECB turned down the request, and the bloody bastids are doing it again. They took the second test away from us with some unbelievable decisions and now they've messed up what was a great performance.

Ian Botham pointed out that when the ball is that old there is no way you can judge that it has been tampered with just by looking at it, and when there is no TV evidence and the umpires fail to give an explanation, the players had every reason to go on strike. What a disgrace!!!

Saying that I do hope nothing really happened, and these umpires were messing with just as they have been doing so in the past.

Within their rights to do so if the Umpire is going off a 'hunch' rather than actual concrete evidence. However, they should have come out 5 minutes late rather than the amount of time they pissed about, so the game should have been awarded to England under the letter of the law.

Whitewash. Champion. :lol:

181551[/snapback]

However, the umpires are trained to detect the difference where possible, and Pakistan's claim that the ball had been damaged by being hit to the boundary - and for six - is not entirely credible.

The ball in question had not been hit for four during the previous three overs, and was never hit for six.

What a mess tho

Until we see the ball, and hear the argument that the umpires are making regarding deliberate tampering, we are not going to be able to form a reasonable opinion ourselves.

I was listening on the radio throughout the day and couldn't believe what I was hearing. Seeing the tv coverage later on, it struck me that the umpires seemed to be watching intently the pakistani players when they had the ball in hand - far more intently than I have ever noticed before.

Innocent until proven guilty???? Are the Pakistanis innocent, as we have not seen the evidence; or are they guilty, as the umpires have alreaady delivered the verdict on them? After all, the umpires are there for that reason!

Curiouser and curioser.

I get the impression Darrell Hair isn't all that keen on Pakistanis tbh.

Shambles yesterday like, but tough tits. If I was Pakistan I'd have been wanting to get back in the middle to win the match, rather than sulking like bairns in the pavilion.

181551[/snapback]

Reverse of last time many years ago when TV cameras quite clearly showed a Pakistan bowler gouging/tampering with the ball and the ball itself clearly showed what had been done, yet they got away with it.

181555[/snapback]

Unlike Mike Atherton.

Badly handled tbh. The umpires should've taken their time and had a look at the evidence at tea. As for ball tampering, I can remember when spinners rubbing a new (or newish) ball in the dirt was accepted practice.

That's obviously the G Boycott who is known for his sensitivty to everyone - especially women and other races then ?

181763[/snapback]

To be fair, Boycott is only racist against the Aussies. :lol:

Edited by sweetleftpeg

That's obviously the G Boycott who is known for his sensitivty to everyone - especially women and other races then ?

181763[/snapback]

Talks a lot of sense when it comes to creeket tbf

181763[/snapback]

To be fair, Boycott is only racist against the Aussies. :lol:

181769[/snapback]

and people not from Gods Own County.................

Bit of a bollocks all round really.

I can see Pakistan's point of view. The umpires have decided they were cheating and punished them without first consulting Inzamam. There is currently no evidence of them cheating, and with the last two recognised batsmen and the crease and four whole sessions left, no reason for them to do so. With such wild accusations, from an umpire who has had rumours of bias against Asian teams before, I can see why they did what they did.

Hell, the series was already lost, if losing a dead rubber means that Hair is investigated then it's a result for them. It's only a game and Racism has no part in it.

The Umpires were within the rules

Pakistan should have complained to the match ref at tea and continued playing - bythrowing their toys out of th epram they forfeited the game - you can't have people walking off just cos they don't like the ref's decisions - CHrist we'd have no football at all if that idea got around

The Umpires were within the rules

Pakistan should have complained to the match ref at tea and continued playing - bythrowing their toys out of th epram they forfeited the game - you can't have people walking off just cos they don't like the ref's decisions - CHrist we'd have no football at all if that idea got around

182106[/snapback]

It would have set a dangerous precedent had Pakistan got away with their protest, i.e. future teams could waste time in a match situation as a 'protest'. Still don't think the Umpires handled it particularly well though.

Well most cricketing umpires are pretty low IQ - who was that old Yorkshire twerp who used to give the light when it was as sunny as the Sahara in July??