St Niall Day

sweetleftpeg

How bad are they? :lol:;)

I do feel sorry for them like, because this has been the false dawn to end all false dawns, but it's still canny funny. The squad is shit but according to a mackem lad I know Quinn isn't helping by playing 2 or 3 players out of position a la Reid. Jesus, if I had no experience in management, I'd at least try and get the basics like letting people play in their natural positions right.

I was extremely worried for them when Quinn took over and said 'you don't win matches here (sunlun) with tactics, you win with passion.' That just reminded me of our feckless wonder Souness with his 'I don't believe in tactics' rubbish.

Quinn then goes on about 'the players have to step up if they are going to stay here' prior to the Southend game. This is just soundbite shit that is designed to curry favour with the fans and indicates he hasn't got a clue how to coach his team.

Quinn then goes on about 'the players have to step up if they are going to stay here' prior to the Southend game. This is just soundbite shit that is designed to curry favour with the fans and indicates he hasn't got a clue how to coach his team.

181651[/snapback]

Reckons he's read the riot act to them after the Southend game. He said they've had their arms round the players who were underperforming trying to cajole something out of them, but the losing mentality is ingrained. Supposedly he told a canny few of the team they simply weren't good enough and that he was looking to bring in replacements before the window closes.

Club in genuine crisis, and he doesn't even have a chairman to turn to for support. :lol: I'm taking the piss, but the pressure on him must be immense. I reckon he's on the Just For Men anyway, but if he's not we'll be seeing some grey hairs a la Keegan before too long.

Did you see him on the Championship yesterday? Basically said he'd tried to give the players a chance to prove themselves and they proved they aren't good enough. I almost feel sorry for the mackems.

I work with a lad who's been going to see the mackems man and boy, and he's reached a point where he just isn't angry anymore, he finds the whole thing comical. Haven't they got Bury in the League Cup this week as well?

Aye, tomorrow night. A mackem I know still takes the piss out of Boro/Newcastle - he's taken the position that the "people in glass houses" rule no longer applies to Sunderland as they've had their windows smashed in so many times, there's no point even putting new ones up. Fair enough I suppose.

I was watching the NUFC game on Tv and there was a bunch of Makems shouting for wigan and cheering as loud as we were for newcastle - they didnt even care for the sunderland score.

Aye, tomorrow night.  A mackem I know still takes the piss out of Boro/Newcastle - he's taken the position that the "people in glass houses" rule no longer applies to Sunderland as they've had their windows smashed in so many times, there's no point even putting new ones up.  Fair enough I suppose.

181747[/snapback]

:lol:

I love that analogy. Didn't they go on a losing streak in the Championship before Big Mick turned them around?

Aye, tomorrow night.  A mackem I know still takes the piss out of Boro/Newcastle - he's taken the position that the "people in glass houses" rule no longer applies to Sunderland as they've had their windows smashed in so many times, there's no point even putting new ones up.  Fair enough I suppose.

181747[/snapback]

I love that analogy. Didn't they go on a losing streak in the Championship before Big Mick turned them around?

182057[/snapback]

Won their second game iirc. Which was a shame as had they lost it they would have been officially the worst team in recorded history in any league.

181747[/snapback]

182057[/snapback]

Won their second game iirc. Which was a shame as had they lost it they would have been officially the worst team in recorded history in any league.

182093[/snapback]

One short of equalling Darwen's record of consecutive league losses wasn't it?

181747[/snapback]

:blush:

182057[/snapback]

182093[/snapback]

182094[/snapback]

So where are they now they haven't won since they joined the prem.

181747[/snapback]

182057[/snapback]

182093[/snapback]

182094[/snapback]

182110[/snapback]

Not sure but didn't they beat West Brom towards the end of last season. They got a draw near the end of last season too I think.

181747[/snapback]

182057[/snapback]

182093[/snapback]

182094[/snapback]

182110[/snapback]

Not sure but didn't they beat West Brom towards the end of last season. They got a draw near the end of last season too I think.

182121[/snapback]

Beat Fulham in the replayed match IIRC.

181747[/snapback]

182057[/snapback]

182093[/snapback]

182094[/snapback]

182110[/snapback]

182121[/snapback]

Beat Fulham in the replayed match IIRC.

182124[/snapback]

That's the fella!

I love the way they were within 4 years of champions' league glory with O'Neill at the helm and of course we were all shitting ourselves.

Wake up and smell reality you bastards!!