Chelsea sign defender

Aye I reckon we might end up with him.  Didn't see much of the Chelsea game yesterday, but supposedly Bridge had a good game.

181721[/snapback]

Apparently Spurs are sniffing around Bridge now, so things aren't as cut and dried as most of us hoped they would be.

182190[/snapback]

They've wanted him for ages. Can see him wanting to stay down south too.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye I reckon we might end up with him.  Didn't see much of the Chelsea game yesterday, but supposedly Bridge had a good game.

181721[/snapback]

Apparently Spurs are sniffing around Bridge now, so things aren't as cut and dried as most of us hoped they would be.

182190[/snapback]

They've wanted him for ages. Can see him wanting to stay down south too.

182199[/snapback]

I have a confession. I have always thought Bridge looked a big wet blouse tbh.

If he comes here I may well change my view, but if he goes to 'the lane' I wont :blush:

I actually don't get where Chelsea's scouts get this "can play at left back, too" from. I am pretty sure Boulahrouz didn't play a single game at left back for HSV and only occasionally playing right back for the Dutch team.

Maybe he is can play left wing as well?

I actually don't get where Chelsea's scouts get this "can play at left back, too" from. I am pretty sure Boulahrouz didn't play a single game at left back for HSV and only occasionally playing right back for the Dutch team.

Maybe he is can play left wing as well?

182331[/snapback]

He'd be better than Babayaro at left back...

Being able to play across the entire back four doesn't make someone a mercenary, shockingly enough.

182177[/snapback]

I dunno if that was meant for me, but I didn't say that. I said he was a defensive mercenary dot dot can play anywhere. So cool your jets eddie...

Being able to play across the entire back four doesn't make someone a mercenary, shockingly enough.

182177[/snapback]

I dunno if that was meant for me, but I didn't say that. I said he was a defensive mercenary dot dot can play anywhere. So cool your jets eddie...

182417[/snapback]

:blush:

Guest Patrokles

182177[/snapback]

182417[/snapback]

All you've done is confirm that's what you actually did say, though. Use of ... indicates a cutting out of irrelevent text in an article but whilst still wanting to continue a point/cohesive sentence.

Eg,

Hecht declares, and then becomes increasingly more specific as the horrors increase; moving from 'that camp' to ' the children,' and then finally to Yolek himself, 'Yolek... who wasn't a day/ over five years old,' who was marched between 'armed guards.'

as opposed to:

Yolek who had bad lungs, who wasn't a day

Over five years old,

182177[/snapback]

182417[/snapback]

All you've done is confirm that's what you actually did say, though. Use of ... indicates a cutting out of irrelevent text in an article but whilst still wanting to continue a point/cohesive sentence.

Eg,

Hecht declares, and then becomes increasingly more specific as the horrors increase; moving from 'that camp' to ' the children,' and then finally to Yolek himself, 'Yolek... who wasn't a day/ over five years old,' who was marched between 'armed guards.'

as opposed to:

Yolek who had bad lungs, who wasn't a day

Over five years old,

182684[/snapback]

Can this Yolek play left back?? And just because a website had his age as under five years old, doesn't mean he is!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought it meant he could play anywhere across the back four.

182713[/snapback]

Aye, I thought the "can play anywhere" was clear, although I chuckled at the rather strange usage of the word mercenary.

I think of him more as a defensive soldier of fortune.

182725[/snapback]

Who has gone a bit native / chicken oriental?

You see the cannibal remarks he made? He likes to eat attackers raw apparently. Its how he survives at the back.

Guest Patrokles

182713[/snapback]

That's probably it tbh :blush:

182718[/snapback]

That's what I had it down as too.

182713[/snapback]

182718[/snapback]

182733[/snapback]

Bollocks! :blush:

Guest Patrokles

182713[/snapback]

182718[/snapback]

182733[/snapback]

182741[/snapback]

it was the whole point of my original response!

Alex is the only person in this thread who had Boulahrouz down as Dolph Lundgren in Universal Soldier. FACT!

Patrokles is a filthy pedant, FACTER!

Guest Patrokles
Alex is the only person in this thread who had Boulahrouz down as Dolph Lundgren in Universal Soldier.  FACT!

182753[/snapback]

Well, there's a difference between pointing out things like incorrect capitalisation, etc, and a word that changes the entire meaning of a post!

182713[/snapback]

182718[/snapback]

182733[/snapback]

182741[/snapback]

it was the whole point of my original response!

182744[/snapback]

So you're original response was aimed at luckyluke then? Got it now. I'm sure Shido is now more aware of where to use dotted lines too :blush:

Guest Patrokles
Alex is the only person in this thread who had Boulahrouz down as Dolph Lundgren in Universal Soldier.  FACT!

182753[/snapback]

Not as good as Thompers' Ballack/Matt Damon notion, and subsequent BITTER RAILING AGAINST AN ENTIRE WEBSITE because no one agreed.

182753[/snapback]

Arnie in 'Predator'.