Ashton to Toon??

ohh_ahh_Shearaa

We need somebody or come January we will be in the middle of a relegation scrap.

And if thats the case, stand by for Souness blaming everyone but himself and not having a clue to handle it...unless he's hopefully gone of course

I'm not so sure this rule exists.

Or we can make a loan deal with a permanent move in January.

14715[/snapback]

That sounds a good deal around, if he isnt making an impact Norwich get ther man back and he can boost their Championship side, if he is doing good we payup.

Good alround.

obviously i'd be delighted, but if it happens i'll look like a mug with 50 quid on him being league one's top scorer

14648[/snapback]

Good luck on that he is playing in the Championship. :blink:

Edited by khay

He did well last season when he went to Norwich and I admit I haven't seen much of him.

But I seem to remember there being talk about the makems going for him at the start of last season and Eric Gates on the bellends saying that the only reason a big club hadn't been in for him was that he was lacking PACE.

Can we afford someone like that with our current squad?

Ashton plays down transfer talk 

Norwich laugh off Ashton rumours 

Norwich striker Dean Ashton insists he is "more than happy" to stay at the Championship club.

The 21-year-old, who joined Norwich in a £3m switch from Crewe in January, has been linked with a move away from Carrow Road.

And his future has come under further scrutiny after Norwich agreed a £2m fee for Birmingham's Clinton Morrison.

"I want to make it clear I am more than happy at Norwich. I have not asked for a move," he told the Sun.

"Unless the board decides otherwise, I am a Norwich City player."

Ashton impressed for Norwich last season and scored seven goals in 16 Premiership starts but could not prevent the Canaries from being relegated to the Championship.

He has continued his form good this season with two goals in the first three matches.

Wigan are the latest club to be linked with the England under-21 international as they have just sold Nathan Ellington to West Brom for £3m.

But Norwich manager Nigel Worthington told the club's official website: "There have been no approaches."

I've seen him for Crewe twice live, and for Norwich a couple of times on the tele last season.

And I can't for the life of think what all the fuss is about. He's slow and distinctly average.

We need to get in somebody who could replace Al, Ashton can't... ever