Best Talking Heads album?

Guest Patrokles

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Patrokles

Well, maybe joint first with More Songs About Buildings & Food, on reflection.

Actually, MSAB&F shades it.

I'd combine them both and make one SUPERALBUM.

Thank You For Sending Me An Angel

The Girl Want to Be the with the Girls

Found a Job

I'm Not In Love

Stay Hungry

The Big Country

Uh-oh, Love Comes to Town

Tentative Decisions

The Book I Read

Don't Worry About the Government

Psycho Killer

Pulled Up.

THERE.

Edited by Patrokles

Well, maybe joint first with More Songs About Buildings & Food, on reflection.

Actually, MSAB&F shades it.

I'd combine them both and make one SUPERALBUM.

Thank You For Sending Me An Angel

The Girl Want to Be the with the Girls

Found a Job

I'm Not In Love

Stay Hungry

The Big Country

Uh-oh, Love Comes to Town

Tentative Decisions

The Book I Read

Don't Worry About the Government

Psycho Killer

Pulled Up.

THERE.

182349[/snapback]

Just got a flashback of Psycho Killer being played live on....Whistle Test, I think? Utterly fantastic :blush:

This is a tough one for me. I got into them through watching the Jonathan Demme film on BBC2's Arena programme when i was about 10 years old. I videoed it on a Betamax which i then kept for years just to watch the film over and over. I played it so much that to this day my mum can sing along to most of the tracks.

I got a hold of Speaking In Tongues on vinyl recently and although the classics off Stop Making Sense dont sound as good (as noted on the sleeves of that album), i think its their best album, although as a listening experience you could argue Stop making sense is the best as the sound is so 'house music' imo. One or 2 are better in their original form though, classic example being Swamp. Swamp is the track playing in the party in Risky Business with Tom Cruise. Facto.

The american public agreed as it was their first million selling album but i agree that 77 and the name of the band are great albums too.

Burning Down The House

Making Flippy-Floppy *

Girlfriend Is Better *

Slippery People *

I Get Wild/Wild Gravity *

Swamp

Moon Rocks *

Pull Up The Roots

This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody)

These are my favourite band, saw Byrne in 2002 in the toon - absolutely awesome, played a great mix of solo and heads stuff, cracked on with the audience with great humour and got people on stage to join him singing. Legend.

My favourite album changes with my moods, but the first side of Remain in Light is fantastic, thats the one I stick on when all else fails.

Great band, Psycho Killer is one of my personal favourites. That Old Grey Whistle Test performance is class as well. Used to go to uni with a lass who was madly in love with David Byrne, wanted his babies and everything.

Edited by sweetleftpeg

Guest Patrokles
These are my favourite band, saw Byrne in 2002 in the toon - absolutely awesome, played a great mix of solo and heads stuff, cracked on with the audience with great humour and got people on stage to join him singing. Legend.

My favourite album changes with my moods, but the first side of Remain in Light is fantastic, thats the one I stick on when all else fails.

182405[/snapback]

I saw him on that tour too. Then saw him more recently when he was touring his most recent album. The first show one was better though.

Talking Heads are one of those bands that I must invest more time in.

I have the greatest hits for years and love all of the songs on it but so far I've only added Fear of Music and Stop Making sense to it and haven't spent enough time with either.

I think I will stick FOM on tonight for the drive home.

Talking Heads have completely passed me by tbh.  I've always had them down as a dull 80s band.  Or a meringue?

182446[/snapback]

You should have a listen to "stop making sense" - its the most accessible.

I just dont get the meringue reference like. :blush:

Guest Patrokles
Talking Heads have completely passed me by tbh.  I've always had them down as a dull 80s band.  Or a meringue?

182446[/snapback]

182454[/snapback]

Byrne did Merengues on the Rei Momo album! Not that it's related to what Gemmill meant, which, I too, have no idea about.

Guest Patrokles
The man is a fucking legend.

Incidentally have you got the Tom Tom club album?? Chris Frantz and Tina Weymouth's Head off-shoot band?

Its a must.

182458[/snapback]

Genius of Love didn't really do it for me, so I skipped the album.

182446[/snapback]

182454[/snapback]

Would you like a cream cake or a meringue?

I was no great fan of the Talking Heads but I did lke More Songs about Chocolate and Girls by the Undertones

Re: Or a meringue?

Picked it up off the SMB and hadn't used it for ages til just there. Play on words for "Or am I wrong?" - geordie/mackem version = "Or am ah wrang?" = "Or a meringue?". I don't know where it came from but that's where I saw it used first.

Lesson over. Class dismissed. :blush:

Re:  Or a meringue?

Picked it up off the SMB and hadn't used it for ages til just there.  Play on words for "Or am I wrong?" - geordie/mackem version = "Or am ah wrang?" = "Or a meringue?".  I don't know where it came from but that's where I saw it used first.

Lesson over.  Class dismissed. :blush:

182467[/snapback]

Me dad uses that. Very old skool.

Picked it up off the SMB and hadn't used it for ages til just there.  Play on words for "Or am I wrong?" - geordie/mackem version = "Or am ah wrang?" = "Or a meringue?".  I don't know where it came from but that's where I saw it used first.

182467[/snapback]

182473[/snapback]

Its a Bobby Thompson... Na yer reet I'll have a cake

182467[/snapback]

182473[/snapback]

Its a Bobby Thompson... Na yer reet I'll have a cake

182493[/snapback]

I should have known

The man is a fucking legend.

Incidentally have you got the Tom Tom club album?? Chris Frantz and Tina Weymouth's Head off-shoot band?

Its a must.

182458[/snapback]

Genius of Love didn't really do it for me, so I skipped the album.

182461[/snapback]

Its a great club track to be fair and wordyrappinghood is a quality track. Give it another listen :blush: