Martin's Off To New Club

Craig

Anyone else think the sad git who dreams up the headlines at .cock is chuckling away to himself over these ones? :blush:

FORMER Newcastle United midfielder Martin Brittain has joined Ipswich Town.

The 21-year-old Geordie left St. James' Park in the summer after making eight appearances at senior level.

He has recently been on trial at Portman Road, and Ipswich boss Jim Magilton was impressed enough to offer Brittain a one-year deal.

Source: http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...~885728,00.html

I think that it's nice to see the website finally seems to be run by humans rather than automotrons.

182534[/snapback]

i actually think this childish wordplay is kinda funny tbh!

182544[/snapback]

Me to. :blush:

Makes me wonder if they have any inside knowledge. :blush:

They obviously think they're fucking hilarious.....

182520[/snapback]

They obviously also knew Martins coming was a cert so were just having a laugh. They got slammed when the website was too slow in it's news and like the club's voicepiece, now they're getting criticised for having a bit fun.

182520[/snapback]

They obviously also knew Martins coming was a cert so were just having a laugh. They got slammed when the website was too slow in it's news and like the club's voicepiece, now they're getting criticised for having a bit fun.

182551[/snapback]

You've made an unbalanced assumption. The two articles could be regarded as contemptuous towards Newcastle fans, and I know both from personal experience and from the experiences of others that they do hold us in contempt (for which I blame Skirge :blush:).

Yes, the opinions of the fans are often overboard, but some of them are justified.

I don't think it's the role of the official website to have misleading headlines really.

182601[/snapback]

Precisely!

Leave that to Alan Oliver. I remember a Chronicle billboard with "Big Al in Op Shocker" on it. Turns out he was having his tonsils out.

182520[/snapback]

182551[/snapback]

You've made an unbalanced assumption. The two articles could be regarded as contemptuous towards Newcastle fans, and I know both from personal experience and from the experiences of others that they do hold us in contempt (for which I blame Skirge :blush:).

Yes, the opinions of the fans are often overboard, but some of them are justified.

182591[/snapback]

Some of his correspondence with the club must be priceless. "Wehres me ticket??? Am fkn fuming!"

Oooh, yiz are mean, he's BLIND you know! (not a fucking cretin)

182654[/snapback]

Don't see how that excuses him from using a spellchecker tbh?

Oh and for the record, he is both.

Edited by Sima

To be fair, it's only misleading to those who failed GCSE English. Or, really, keystage 2 English.

182680[/snapback]

A lot of people then.